PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Team

AsiaMinor
03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
You were fantastic. I'll miss watching Seth, Mason, and Ryan in Duke blue but hope to see them in other colors.
Congrats to the best Coach in college basketball for providing the leadership gives the young men leaving Duke
the values and skills to be great members of society. I'm wearing my DUKE shirt all week with pride. Go Duke.

fitimi1
03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Ditto to all your comments

moonpie23
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
HERE HERE !!!!! thanks guys, and good luck to you all in the future!!

wilko
03-31-2013, 07:52 PM
You guys fought till the very end and made us all very proud and happy to be Duke fans.
Thank You!

burnspbesq
03-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Season's not over. Duke has a game on Tuesday.

captmojo
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
All the above!

chrishoke
03-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks team and particularly the seniors for a great ride and for always representing Duke with class. We love you guys.

OldPhiKap
03-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Great year, congrats to Louisville. Great effort by the team, and great careers for our seniors.

luburch
03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
I didn't know what to expect from this team coming into the season, but I can leave it satisfied. Thanks to the three seniors. It's been one heck of a ride.

TruBlu
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
I mentioned this in the post game thread, but it bears repeating:

Kelly, Seth, and Mason spent their entire 4 year career at Duke rated in the Top Ten.

Onlyduke
03-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the memories! Gonna miss you seniors. Thanks for sticking around.

Andre Buckner Fan
03-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the memories! Gonna miss you seniors. Thanks for sticking around.

Love our guys! They played very well. Very proud of Hairston and the Seniors, especially.

Best of luck to Ware, and Louisville was a classy team and it wasn't too agonizing to lose to them.

MHNOLADevil
03-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Congratulations to the Cards for a tough emotional win. Congratulations and a big thanks to this Duke team for a hell of a season. Mason, Seth and Ryan gave us a terrific four-year ride and I wish them love and success as they move on to the next chapters in their lives.

bluedevil31
03-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Loved watching this team and our three seniors. Mason, Ryan, and Seth are great players and I will miss watching them play in a Duke uniform. Thank you and I wish you the best!

miramar
03-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Before the season, we got the bad news about Andre, which was compounded by Seth's leg injury. On top of that, everybody was sure that Mason would never fulfill his potential because Duke does not know how to develop big men. Fortunately, Duke played great until Ryan's injury, which threw a wrench in the works for two months.

Despite these problems, Duke won 30 games and made the Elite Eight while other one and two seeds were coming up short. We were fortunate to have this team and this group of seniors and my only regret is that we got a lousy bracket since this team truly deserved to be in the Final Four.

NashvilleDevil
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Thank you seniors! After that injury I really lost interest in the game. Look forward to Tyler and Josh, I am getting tired of the Josh bashing on these boards, and maybe Andre as the senior leaders next year. Looking forward to Quinn getting work in and becoming the leader we know he will be. Looking forward to seeing Rasheed, Amile and Alex develop even more. Excited for Jabari Parker and the rest of the freshmen class to get on campus. Lots to be excited about for next year.

follyblue
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Congratulations to all, especially seniors. Can't wait for November.

hurleyfor3
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Remember how many people were picking us to lose to CREIGHTON.

cascadedevil
03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Ryan, Mason and Seth represented Duke with dignity and class. Thank you for giving us so many wonderful memories. I look forward to welcoming you to the community of Duke alumni.

Lid
03-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Does anybody know when the team will be returning to Durham? Would love to be there to give them the reception they deserve.

trinity92
03-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks to the seniors and the whole team for an exciting year full of great moments. Think we lived up to our potential and left it all on the court, which not all teams can say.

Thanks!

Dukeblue91
03-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Thank's to the whole team! you have again exceeded my expectations this year even under some pretty harsh setbacks.
I wish the Seniors the very best in their future endeavors whatever they may be.
I'm already looking forward to next year god willing I'm still around to enjoy my Blue Devils.
Thank you for a awesome year and some great memories.

PS. Anytime we beat the Holes twice in one season makes it a great season to me and a successful one to boot.

Bluealum
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Ryan, Mason and Seth represented Duke with dignity and class. Thank you for giving us so many wonderful memories. I look forward to welcoming you to the community of Duke alumni.

Ditto. Thanks to the seniors, watching the growth of players over 4 years is what makes following you guys so rewarding!

dukebsbll14
03-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Does anybody know when the team will be returning to Durham? Would love to be there to give them the reception they deserve.

Word on the street right now is landing around 10:45

Acymetric
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Word on the street right now is landing around 10:45

Will be welcoming them home in my dreams, I think.

dukebsbll14
03-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Team is expected to arrive at Cameron between 11:15-11:45, via the head LMs, in case anyone wants to come out.

weezie
03-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Wish I lived close enough to come cheer for my team.
Thank you for all the hard work, long practices, the travel, the bruises, the sweat and tears! The victories and the few losses.
Seniors, you will sorely be missed! You've made me very proud!

Listen to Quants
03-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Indeed. Thank you Duke Basketball for another fine season. Loved lots and lots of it. Once a few days have passed, I hope it is viewed as a very satisfying season, particularly for the seniors.

Troublemaker
03-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Great season, great seniors who will be missed. I loved listening to this team in postgame press conferences and following them through Duke Blue Planet videos. The seniors were so mature; pretty neat to see their transformation from boys to men over the years. If you just listened to Ryan or Mason answer questions all year, you'll know what I mean. They are men and they'll be successful in life. And the team overall just had great camraderie that made them very easy to root for. DBP made that abundantly clear.

There were some great memories. The Bahamas championship. Sweeping UNC. Destroying UNC at Chapel Hill. Ryan's out-of-body-experience return against Miami.

All capped off by a very nice run in the NCAAs. If not for some unfortunate seeding, this team probably would've been Final Four bound. They were definitely good enough and had the right chemistry and parts to get there.

Enjoy your banquet, team. Celebrate a wonderful year.

dukepsy1963
03-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys! You are the best...
I appreciate everything you have done to make us all proud to call ourselves, Dukies!! You continue to make my days!!!

Trinity '63

g-money
04-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I also just want to offer up my thanks to Ryan, Seth, and especially Mason - who could've gone pro last year but didn't - for a great season. And for helping Duke to win the Natty in 2010 as well.

We'll miss seeing you in royal blue, fellas. You were a pleasure to watch. You'll always be a part of the Duke family.

Hopefully everyone returning next year will use this year's Elite Eight as motivation to take another step forward in March. Other than Andre, no one on the team will have a Final Four under their belt. IMO it starts with guys like QC, RS, and AJ busting their butts to improve this summer. I'm excited for November already.

camion
04-01-2013, 07:46 AM
I want to add my thanks to the basketball team, and particularly the seniors, for an outstanding basketball season. You overcame a lot and to get to 30 wins and the final 8.

Congratulations and thanks.

wsb3
04-01-2013, 07:47 AM
It was a very good season and I join the rest of you in saluting our seniors. They were awesome seniors on and off the court. Love the way they represented DUKE..30 wins, sweep our rival, & make it to the regional final.

Look forward to next year. It will be a different type team but I don't think anyone will call us nonathletic. I know the post might be an issue but I love the potential of the wings & hope to see QC take another big step forward and become one of the elite point guards in the nation. I also love the potential of Amile and know he will be hitting the weight room this summer and when he adds some muscle to his frame watch out.

I will continue to enjoy DBR..just maybe not ten times a day now. Happy Off Season everyone..It's almost beach time here at CB..:cool:

Dev11
04-01-2013, 08:18 AM
It is not often that a high-level program is led by three outstanding, contributing seniors. Good luck to Ryan, Mason, and Seth as they venture into their pro careers, and thank you for sticking around.

lotusland
04-01-2013, 08:19 AM
I'll miss mason, Ryan, Seth and Sonya.

Thanks to MP2 for coming back and putting the duke big man myth about setting screens to rest. Thanks to Seth and Ryan for their toughness fighting through injuries and thanks to Sonya for coming to the games:)

PDDuke85
04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Congratulations on a superb season. This team have truly been great ambassadors representing the ideal of "student-athletes" while representing Duke. Thank you and best of luck to our seniors. I would also like to extend my appreciations to Chris Collins as he extends the family tree to Northwestern. See you at the NCAA dance very shortly.

wsb3
04-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Thanks to MP2 for coming back and putting the duke big man myth about setting screens to rest. Thanks to Seth and Ryan for their toughness fighting through injuries and thanks to Sonya for coming to the games:)

Man... one more loss that got by me that I will miss.. Sonya....Good call..

J_C_Steel
04-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Hear, hear.

All in all, it was an excellent year for Duke. Mason Plumlee, Seth Curry, and Ryan Kelly all played excellent basketball, and the Blue Devils likely would have won the ACC regular season and perhaps the tournament as well if Kelly had been healthy all year. In fact, if both Kelly and Curry had avoided injury, Duke might've had the legs to hang with Louisville. Ah well. The seniors won 124 games at Duke, and we should be proud of them.

Thank you, team.

monkey
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks team. Thanks seniors. It was a good season. You guys gave it your all.

station9
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to the staff, coaches and players. Their hard work and dedication have provided us hours of great entertainment. Best wishes and a special Thank You to Mason, Seth and Ryan. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

BlueDevilCorvette!
04-01-2013, 09:31 AM
The tradition continues 2013-2014...bigger, faster, quicker...wow, can't wait! The match-ups at CTC should be real good! GO DUKE!

bbosbbos
04-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Although I sometimes blamed some player's performance in this season, I actually love this team.

At the beginning of the season the expectation was quite low. In the Bahamas, Cook's assists to MP2 and a matured Seth were amazing while Sheed reminded me of 2nd yr Nolan. A very good start of the season.

Then ACC started. Kelly went down. We lost some games. Sheed was inconsistent. Even worst, our PG Cook was exposed. He is great at ball handling but slow and small and very emotional. At the same time we also saw Amile and Alex have great potential. The season was going on with a lot of fun before UVA (regular) and Maryland (ACCT) games.

Those two poor games cooled down fans. I thought we could be lucky to reach s16. But we came out very strong in the dance. Defense in UC and MSU game reminded me of 2010's success. I saw Lance in TT, Zoub in MP2, AD in Seth, Nolan in Sheed. Till the 17 min mark of the 1st half of this game, I believed we could win. Suddenly an accident completely changed the momentum. We got sent home. It is very hard to blame anyone. I still do not believe UL is better than us tho.

I am looking forward to the next year as everyone here. Hard to predict anything right now.

DukeAlumBS
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Congrats to the team, the elite 8. And to what coach K accomplished. A 30 win season, ranked 1-5 most of the yaer. And the number 1 RPI. I think they did well. And go on to graduate and move on!
Have nice summer!
Jimmy

timmy c
04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
What I’ll remember:

1) I’ll remember Seth’s perseverance; the moments he looked unstoppable on the offensive end, the stories of working out in the training pool to stay in shape. I can’t imagine fighting the emotional fatigue that must have accompanied a nagging injury. Wow!
2) Mason’s running hook shots and improved free-throws.
3) Beating UNC twice. 9f
4) Kelly against Miami.
5)The infectious enthusiasm expressed by my fellow DBR posters!

Thank you seniors.

1 24 90
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Still my favorite picture of the season.

The Gordog
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
What I’ll remember:

1) I’ll remember Seth’s perseverance; the moments he looked unstoppable on the offensive end, the stories of working out in the training pool to stay in shape. I can’t imagine fighting the emotional fatigue that must have accompanied a nagging injury. Wow!
2) Mason’s running hook shots and improved free-throws.
3) Beating UNC twice. 9f
4) Kelly against Miami.
5)The infectious enthusiasm expressed by my fellow DBR posters!

Thank you seniors.

This has been a great season and I feel one where we, strike that, our team, met some really tough challanges and never shrank from any of them. Beating U-No-Class twice makes even a losing season worthwhile, but to do that while winning 30 games including #2000 for the program was really remarkable.

Thank you, Ryan, Seth, Mason. You played like men yesterday that we are proud to have seen you grow into.

All the best forever.

To the rest of the team, looking forward to seeing reports of your summer workouts as you welcome our next class to campus.

gwlaw99
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
I remember when Kyle and Nolan graduated. I didn't think the remaining players would live up to them, but Mason, Seth and Ryan grew into men before our eyes and represented everything that is best about our program. They will be missed!

gumbomoop
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Although this thread refers to "team," I'll focus on the wonderful seniors, all of whom were delightful interviewees all through the season.

Ryan - I began to notice he'd become a shot blocker last season, but this season his defense and shot-block timing were especially impressive. The injury was frustrating, most of all for him. He became the fulcrum for the team at both ends of the court.

Mason - Timely passing especially impressive, hard work at FT line really paid off. Lovely running hooks, baby hooks, jump-hooks, with both hands, so hard work there, too. Impressive rebounding season. So, so glad he returned for a great senior season.

Seth - I think the coaching staff was hinting, last summer, "You're not going to believe how good Seth is." Then the injury, which required so much rest that it seemed unlikely he could play each game, much less be so incredibly productive. Yet in many games he was actually close to unstoppable, thus showing, despite the injury and lack of practice time, just what the coaches saw last summer. Amazing determination. Step-back footwork so good. Sneaky good handle.

All 3 of the seniors improved noticeably even since last season. So rewarding to be able to watch seniors.

NSDukeFan
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Although this thread refers to "team," I'll focus on the wonderful seniors, all of whom were delightful interviewees all through the season.

Ryan - I began to notice he'd become a shot blocker last season, but this season his defense and shot-block timing were especially impressive. The injury was frustrating, most of all for him. He became the fulcrum for the team at both ends of the court.

Mason - Timely passing especially impressive, hard work at FT line really paid off. Lovely running hooks, baby hooks, jump-hooks, with both hands, so hard work there, too. Impressive rebounding season. So, so glad he returned for a great senior season.

Seth - I think the coaching staff was hinting, last summer, "You're not going to believe how good Seth is." Then the injury, which required so much rest that it seemed unlikely he could play each game, much less be so incredibly productive. Yet in many games he was actually close to unstoppable, thus showing, despite the injury and lack of practice time, just what the coaches saw last summer. Amazing determination. Step-back footwork so good. Sneaky good handle.

All 3 of the seniors improved noticeably even since last season. So rewarding to be able to watch seniors.
I agree. Seniors rock. It is so nice to be able to watch student-athletes become better players,ore confident speakers over four years. What a great four years!

ricks68
04-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Thanks to everyone involved in Duke Basketball for another wonderful year of memories for me. You are all such a class act. As always, you make me so proud to be associated with Duke. Best of luck in the future for all of you.:D

ricks

gep
04-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Man... one more loss that got by me that I will miss.. Sonya....Good call..

Sadly... since Seth didn't get a bucket (much less a 3) in the first half, no Sonya in the first half. I think... if Seth had just one 3 in the first half, then Sonya full screen, the outcome may have been a bit different. Me and my spouse's superstition, anyway.

I really enjoyed this season. Many great games won... a few uncharacteristic losses, but, hey... only a few of them.

The stat that these seniors were ranked in the top 10 for their entire 4 year careers... AMAZING.

THANKS!!!

and, LET'S GO DUKE!!!!

jv001
04-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Thank you 2013 Blue Devils and 3 thank yous to our seniors. Mason, Ryan and Seth you were special. God bless you as you move forward in your lives. GoDuke!