PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 Midwest Region: Lousiville/Oregon, Duke/Mich St

Newton_14
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Use this thread to discuss the Louisville/Oregon game and the region in general. I will close the other Midwest Thread.

brianl
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Clearly the strongest region. Winner of the weekend, wins the whole thing.

CDu
03-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Clearly the strongest region. Winner of the weekend, wins the whole thing.

First sentence statement is probably correct. The second sentence, not necessarily so. The winner of this region will have potentially (unless its Louisville) faced the toughest tests this weekend. But all that gets them is the opportunity to have to play another VERY good team (most likely OSU) in the Final Four. And if they win that, they'll then have to most likely get through yet another VERY good team (likely Kansas, Florida, Michigan, or Syracuse).

I'd give the winner of this bracket around a 1-in-3 chance of winning the whole thing. Better than most other teams, but still not the odds-on favorite.

gam7
03-29-2013, 03:41 PM
I've been following tourney coverage pretty closely leading up to the Sweet 16 games and I can say unequivocally that no team has gotten less attention than Oregon. They played really well last weekend and are playing with a chip on their shoulder. They have plenty of reason to feel as though no one is giving them any chance at all., which may make them dangerous. I think this Louisville game is going to be closer than many people think.

NashvilleDevil
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
I've been following tourney coverage pretty closely leading up to the Sweet 16 games and I can say unequivocally that no team has gotten less attention than Oregon. They played really well last weekend and are playing with a chip on their shoulder. They have plenty of reason to feel as though no one is giving them any chance at all., which may make them dangerous. I think this Louisville game is going to be closer than many people think.

Instead of last night's three lopsided games and one close one, I'm hoping for three close ones and Duke winning in a lopsided game tonight.

Tripping William
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Instead of last night's three lopsided games and one close one, I'm hoping for three close ones and Duke winning in a lopsided game tonight.

Me, too, as long as Oregon/Louisville doesn't go to overtime . . .

oldnavy
03-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Let's all think positive thoughts about Ryan's jump shot. We CAN win without it going in as we have seen recently, but if it is falling it sure makes my blood pressure run lower!!

pfrduke
03-29-2013, 07:38 PM
So. The 'ville looks pretty good.

Newton_14
03-29-2013, 07:51 PM
So. The 'ville looks pretty good.

Hitting on all cylinders. They have a lot of weapons and they keep constant pressure on the defense. Trying to make myself not forget that Oregon is a 12 seed though.

DukieInBrasil
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I've been pulling for Oregon, as the underdog but also cuz of Singler. Li'l Singler just nailed a 3! still down 8. Louisville has just been so much faster and look tough to stop.

Tripping William
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Russ Smith pulling a Randolph Childress, but Oregon not going away. C'mon Ducks!

rsvman
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Oregon mounting a bit of a comeback.....

rasputin
03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
So, this is a serious inquiry: are Kentucky fans pulling for Duke or Louisville?

devildeac
03-30-2013, 06:09 PM
So, this is a serious inquiry: are Kentucky fans pulling for Duke or Louisville?

Answer:

a) meteor
b) earthquake
c) both

;)