PDA

View Full Version : New Duke Blue Planet video

Blue KevIL
03-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Pretty sweet video from Duke Blue Planet to get ready for Friday. Enjoy.

Duke Basketball: Moments of Madness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vx9FzHOBnk&feature=youtu.be)

CDu
03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
It might be time to dust off my 2010 Final Four DVD. And start looking for a 2001 Final Four DVD/blue-ray disc. I had almost forgotten how amazing Shane Battier was in that tournament.

gus
03-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Pretty sweet video from Duke Blue Planet to get ready for Friday. Enjoy.

Duke Basketball: Moments of Madness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vx9FzHOBnk&feature=youtu.be)

Thanks for linking that. I especially enjoyed the Collins to Capel pass for a dunk. Was that the Purdue game in 1994? I wish Lang hadn't clipped his finger nails that last week, but man what a fun season that was.

chrishoke
03-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Awesome - that'll get blood pumping.

Need to add Jeff Mullins' half court shot against Villanova in the Eastern Regional semifinals in Reynolds Coliseum. Duke bball didn't start with K. Just a reminder to the younger fans.

CDu
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Awesome - that'll get blood pumping.

Need to add Jeff Mullins' half court shot against Villanova in the Eastern Regional semifinals in Reynolds Coliseum. Duke bball didn't start with K. Just a reminder to the younger fans.

Yes, but don't forget that Duke basketball is using this to sell their brand. This isn't just a fan video to get fans going. It is also a product to sell Duke's image to future recruits. A half-court shot from 50 years ago just isn't part of the brand Duke is trying to sell here.

Notice that all of the highlights are either amazing dunks, highlight-reel passes or plays, footage from championship games, or iconic moments of the Coach K era. A clip (probably in black-and-white) of a game from 50 years ago just doesn't fit, unfortunately.

It's absolutely part of Duke's storied basketball history. It's just not part of the history that Duke is trying to sell at this point.

NashvilleDevil
03-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't think I've seen that angle of Hayward's miss in the '10 title game. First time I've seen the extra shoulder given to Singler by Howard.

JBDuke
03-29-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't think I've seen that angle of Hayward's miss in the '10 title game. First time I've seen the extra shoulder given to Singler by Howard.

Yeah, it was a real punk move, but no shocker, coming from Howard. He was Butler's answer to Dan Meagher.

Just think - if Heywood's shot had gone in, how much would Duke fans have been yowling about the no-call on that screen? It would be ten times worse than the "Boozer got fouled!" screaming about the 2002 tourney exit vs. Indiana...