PDA

View Full Version : WLax: Carolina @ Duke Tonight

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Duke is 4-0 against Carolina this month (two wins in women's basketball and one each in men's basketball and men's lacrosse). Tonight, the number five Duke women's lax team gets a chance to complete the sweep when it takes on the third-ranked Heels.

7:00 at Koskinen. If you can't be there, the game will be on the ACC YouTube channel live (links at go duke.com and the acc.com).

LGD. Break out the brooms.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Devils looking solid at both ends. Duryea stoned Cannizaro from point-blank range , big momentum-builder.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Heck of a game. Tied at 11 under six minutes to go, Duke in possession.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Carolina got the ball back by way of an obvious flop by Cannizaro that was called as a charge. Duryea stopped a free position shot, but Duke turned it over on the clear. 1:57 to go, Carolina in possession out of a time out.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Great D by Duke. Carolina had to settle for a 10-yard shot with five seconds to go, which Duryea gobbled up.

Going to OT.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Kara Cannizaro is the beneficiary of more obviously bad calls than any Carolina athlete since Hansblahblah. Clearly in the crease, but the goal counts. Second time tonight.

MCFinARL
03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Kara Cannizaro is the beneficiary of more obviously bad calls than any Carolina athlete since Hansblahblah. Clearly in the crease, but the goal counts. Second time tonight.

Remind me of the rules--do they play two overtimes no matter what? If so, what happens then if the game is tied?

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Carolina won the draw to start the second OT, and tried to kill the whole three minutes, but turned it over and Duke cleared. Duke on offense with 30 seconds to go.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Another ridiculous charge call costs Duke a tying goal by Morrisey with four seconds to go. Evil wins. I'm going to vomit.

burnspbesq
03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Remind me of the rules--do they play two overtimes no matter what? If so, what happens then if the game is tied?

Two three-minute OTs, not sudden death. If tied after that, I think it goes to sudden death beginning with the third OT.