PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes has learned from the master

UrinalCake
03-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Does Roy teach a class on how to alienate your fan base? Because a couple nights ago after a home win, Harrison Barnes tweeted this:

"Thanks to all the Warrior fans that came out to support is tonight. Big time road win!"

Not surprising since he was coached by a guy who just a couple weeks ago criticized his fans saying that three quarters of them had given up on the team. And in previous years revealed that he hates going on radio shows because his fans are idiots trying to tell him what to do, or something to that effect.

Here's a link, though I'm not sure if it will work
https://mobile.twitter.com/HBarnes/status/316418199027597312

jipops
03-27-2013, 10:43 AM
;)
And in previous years revealed that he hates going on radio shows because his fans are idiots

He may not be wrong here.

Jderf
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
;)

He may not be wrong here.

Agreed, but that still doesn't mean it was a smart thing to say.

Grounded
03-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Come watch a Warriors game when the Lakers are in town. Or an A's game when the Red Socks or Yankees are in town. You'd understand his joke.

Faison1
05-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Didn't know where else to put this.

Legitimate question: Does Barnes really get a lot of autograph requests? Enough so that he plans on spending his offseason signing them in between episodes of Game of Thrones, and video games?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10944664/harrison-barnes-golden-state-warriors-implements-free-autograph-policy-offseason

bob blue devil
05-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Didn't know where else to put this.

Legitimate question: Does Barnes really get a lot of autograph requests? Enough so that he plans on spending his offseason signing them in between episodes of Game of Thrones, and video games?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10944664/harrison-barnes-golden-state-warriors-implements-free-autograph-policy-offseason

I would have assumed so, but I'm no expert.

This quote cracks me up - the life of an nba player:
"My time is limited because of daily workouts, 'Games of Thrones,' 'House of Cards,' and video games," Barnes wrote.

Kdogg
05-17-2014, 12:52 PM
I hate Barnes but think this is a nice gesture to fans. Ringo Star did this for most of his life (of course there is a big difference in the number of requests.)

roywhite
05-17-2014, 03:39 PM

"My time is limited because of daily workouts, 'Games of Thrones,' 'House of Cards,' and video games," Barnes wrote.

He also needs plenty of time for gazing at himself in the mirror, and reflecting on his awesomeness, a bit unusual for a career 9.3pt/game, 42% FG shooter.

Yet this is Prince Harrison of Narcissus.

WeepingThomasHill
05-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Barnes is a dirtbag, but this is a cool gesture. I wish more current athletes would sign. I collected growing up and my son would love a Jabari or Hood or Seth Curry autograph...

miramar
05-17-2014, 10:21 PM

At least the quote suggests that he spends less time on skype than he did in high school.