PDA

View Full Version : Are you Indianapolis bound?

luburch
03-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Thought it would be interesting to see who all is heading to Indianapolis for the Sweet 16. Indy has been kind to Duke. I'll start looking at tickets tomorrow and trying to find the best deal.
Go Duke!

uh_no
03-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Thought it would be interesting to see who all is heading to Indianapolis for the Sweet 16. Indy has been kind to Duke. I'll start looking at tickets tomorrow and trying to find the best deal.
Go Duke!

Just booked a hotel. I plan on driving thursday after work, working from indy on friday, and driving home sunday after the fame, should we be lucky enough to play on sunday

need to hope to snag some of the iron dukes tickets....but if they run out might have to stub hub it up :/

Bluedog
03-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Tickets were available on the NCAA site as of yesterday. Both sessions (3 games) for $90. However, they were only super corner seats (although still some in the 200-level). The court is in the opposite direction as it was for the 2010 Final Four and looks like they're selling about half the stadium. (U shape around the court and then set up bleachers on the other long-side of the court). I was considering going...but didn't pull the trigger.

uh_no
03-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Tickets were available on the NCAA site as of yesterday. Both sessions (3 games) for $90. However, they were way corner seats (although not only in the uppermost levels). The court is in the opposite direction as it was for the 2010 Final Four and looks like they're selling about half the stadium. (U shape around the court and then set up bleachers on the other long-side of the court).

yeah, I'd like to have reasonable seats....so we'll see what I can get from iron dukes, but tickets are to be had nonetheless

WiJoe
03-25-2013, 12:39 AM
14-year-old son and I plan to be in attendance. Can't wait. It will be a heck of a doubleheader. Will leave after work Thursday.

WE ARE FIRED UP !!!!!!

Potato
03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
someone take me:(

theschwartz
03-25-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm thinking about going as well. I live in Chicago so it would be an easy drive. I'd probably go down early Fri morning. Trying to see if any of my Duke pals or Chicago peeps wanna go but no luck yet. Would rather not go by myself, but might pull the trigger tomorrow if I can't find someone else.

YmoBeThere
03-25-2013, 06:17 AM
If I still owned my house in Cincinnati. Game time at 9:45 PM again, can't many of you just leave the day of?

flyingdutchdevil
03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Tickets were available on the NCAA site as of yesterday. Both sessions (3 games) for $90. However, they were only super corner seats (although still some in the 200-level). The court is in the opposite direction as it was for the 2010 Final Four and looks like they're selling about half the stadium. (U shape around the court and then set up bleachers on the other long-side of the court). I was considering going...but didn't pull the trigger.

$90!!! Duke University is charging students $160. Way to milk the poor, Duke... (and you know what I mean by poor - we're students)

uh_no
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
$90!!! Duke University is charging students $160. Way to milk the poor, Duke... (and you know what I mean by poor - we're students)

the 90$ seats are up in the rafters....the 160$ student tickets are courtside.

not to mentnion final 4 tickets are 25$ for students (or they were 3 years ago)

LBF
03-28-2013, 01:07 AM
My kids, wife and I are flying in for the weekend from San Diego. Anyone know what section our Iron Dukes tickets are in? They didn't know yet when I purchased them. Very exciting trip. My kids are really looking forward to their first duke game!

uh_no
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
My kids, wife and I are flying in for the weekend from San Diego. Anyone know what section our Iron Dukes tickets are in? They didn't know yet when I purchased them. Very exciting trip. My kids are really looking forward to their first duke game!

I too am wondering (driving up from durham), my guess is that they'll be in the bleachers that they set up on the 30/40 yard lines, or on the opposite side in the end zone seats....but you can't really know....as far as i know they give reasonable seats to the schools though....either way I'm pumped....last time duke and michigan state were both playing in lucas oil stadium on easter weekend, really good things happened.

safe travels, go duke!

Dukeface88
03-28-2013, 01:55 AM

Georgetown charged $200 for the DC games, and they had to be bought during the summer.

uh_no
03-28-2013, 02:11 AM

the 90$ seats are up in the boonies (the rafters of a FOOTBALL stadium....having walked all around that stadium 3 years ago, the seats up there are AWFUL)....the 160 tickets for the students are baseline, and the iron dukes tickets (for the same 160), i assume, are lower level. Keep in mind, that's three games though. so 53 bucks a game to see some of the best teams in america play from courtside? completely reasonable....that's 12 bucks cheaper than what they charge for the excess tickets in cameron.

the final four tickets are subsidized heavily by who I assume is CBS, who wants packed student sections for the final four television production.

bluedevil31
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I've been wondering where our tickets will be as well. We're driving up from Raleigh and very excited, it's our first time attending a NCAA tourney game. I'm hoping the seats aren't in the nose bleed section but we're just excited to be there. Go Duke!

LBF
03-28-2013, 10:21 AM
I just called Iron Dukes and found out our seats are in section 218 which is at a corner/end, 2 sections up. These are pretty darn good seats. Although, in 2010 Final Four i think it was section 128 which were great! I'm wondering if they will group everyone from Duke together?

Go Duke! Safe travels to all!

uh_no
03-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I just called Iron Dukes and found out our seats are in section 218 which is at a corner/end, 2 sections up. These are pretty darn good seats. Although, in 2010 Final Four i think it was section 128 which were great! I'm wondering if they will group everyone from Duke together?

Go Duke! Safe travels to all!

They're pretty good....not awesome, but certainly not up in the nosebleeds. It's not really a section up, though. It's still on the first "level" it's just behind the walkway

heres a picture of the stadium in the endzone config

section 218 should be the one just to the right of the bottom of the scoreboard

LBF
03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
They're pretty good....not awesome, but certainly not up in the nosebleeds. It's not really a section up, though. It's still on the first "level" it's just behind the walkway

heres a picture of the stadium in the endzone config

section 218 should be the one just to the right of the bottom of the scoreboard

Yep, that view looks right to me. The seats are definitely good enough given the price. I'm just hoping that I have duke fans around me, and that we are not scattered. In 2010 final four, I bought 10th row seats in section 126 from stubhub. Great seats, but it was not the duke section. I had Kentucky fans to my right and left who were still sulking and in disbelief they weren't attending their coronation. That shouldn't be an issue this year....

Bluedog
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Here's the section from as shown from the NCAA ticketmaster site:

Pacer
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Word around town is that duke didn't sell their allotment and that they were returned and offered to the general public.

Selover
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
My dad and I decided Monday to make the trip up from Phoenix. We just found out that my dad and I will be sitting in section 217. I made it over to Indy when Duke played UCLA in the Wooden Classic at Conseco Fieldhouse, but I'm looking forward to seeing Lucas Oil!

TruBlu
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Word around town is that duke didn't sell their allotment and that they were returned and offered to the general public.

Yep. Heard about that on XM radio on the commute home from work today. A Michigan State fan was proudly stating his thanks to Duke fans for not purchasing all their tickets, as it was the only way he could obtain tickets.

As a side (somewhat guilty) note, I will not be attending. Just spent a loonnngg weekend in Indy for my daughters wedding there, and did not feel like making that trip two weekends in a row. And, yes, I did really blast her for her poor planning.

GarrickB28
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
I am trying to find 2 tickets to Sundays Elite 8 game. I am an '08 Alum and trying to find tickets among Duke supporters. My Fiancé hasn't been to a Duke game yet, and I feel she has to experience it to understand my madness. Any suggestions?

uh_no
03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
I am trying to find 2 tickets to Sundays Elite 8 game. I am an '08 Alum and trying to find tickets among Duke supporters. My Fiancé hasn't been to a Duke game yet, and I feel she has to experience it to understand my madness. Any suggestions?

duke sections are 216-218, if you're curious. There were plenty of MSU fans dumping tix last night (since they bought up the allotment duke didn't sell)

they're going on stub hub for about 100 on the 200 level all around, keep in mind, in those sections the backboard is right in your way :|

i doubt you'll do much better with scalpers

Bluedog
03-30-2013, 11:55 PM
I'll be there tomorrow doing my best to make noise! In the MSU section, unfortunately, but they seem to be better seats than the Duke section and I'm expecting basically everybody there to be for Louisville so I guess doesn't matter much. Let's go Duke!

theschwartz
03-31-2013, 03:16 AM
I'll be at the game tomorrow as well, section 225, row 2. I'm fully expecting to be surrounded by a bunch of red-shirts, but that won't dampen my enthusiasm or noise-making. Hopefully there'll be some friendlies nearby. Question: where will Duke fans be pre-gaming? Any bars or restaurants near the stadium that'll be Duke-friendly?

Can't wait - 14 hours to go!