PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Hendersen a Duke fan

jmck214
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
The charismatic Ole Miss star had this to say at his press conference yesterday. "I've been a Duke fan since my dad ever told me anything about basketball. It was all about Duke, Duke, Duke. I love the way they play."

The USA today article then went on to talk about how hated he would have been if he went to Duke.

This kid can be exciting to watch as anyone who watched the SEC final can tell you

IBleedBlue
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
The charismatic Ole Miss star had this to say at his press conference yesterday. "I've been a Duke fan since my dad ever told me anything about basketball. It was all about Duke, Duke, Duke. I love the way they play."

The USA today article then went on to talk about how hated he would have been if he went to Duke.

This kid can be exciting to watch as anyone who watched the SEC final can tell you

He is Grevis Vasquez on steroids... and has the hunter mentality.

BD80
03-22-2013, 10:32 AM

Rats. I was looking forward to rooting against him. I dislike players who mouth off. Now I'll try to root for him. I doubt I'll last, I hear he is always talking smack.

Ichabod Drain
03-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Edit: BD80 you're not going to like what you see here then...

I'm not sure why but i could literally watch this all day...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
He's a clown. I don't like him one bit.

Mudge
03-22-2013, 11:04 AM

There are also lots of regular students (i.e- non-athletes), who like Duke, and maybe would like to be there... I am happy that Duke doesn't bring in every one of them who expresses their love for Duke-- and I feel even more strongly that way about this kid:

Thank gosh he isn't at Duke-- I can't stand anything about this kid-- although, it's no surprise he isn't, seeing as he displays none of the quality of character that Coach K looks for, above and beyond basketball skill, before he decides to recruit someone-- somebody else said it well: Worse than Greivis Vasquez (if that were even possible).

loran16
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
He is Grevis Vasquez on steroids... and has the hunter mentality.

I thought of this too...and amusingly enough, Vasquez has also been quoted as admiring Duke.

Bluedog
03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
There are also lots of regular students (i.e- non-athletes), who like Duke, and maybe would like to be there... I am happy that Duke doesn't bring in every one of them who expresses their love for Duke-- and I feel even more strongly that way about this kid:

Thank gosh he isn't at Duke-- I can't stand anything about this kid-- although, it's no surprise he isn't, seeing as he displays none of the quality of character that Coach K looks for, above and beyond basketball skill, before he decides to recruit someone-- somebody else said it well: Worse than Greivis Vasquez (if that were even possible).

Well, Vasquez says he is a Duke fan too. ;)

Speaking of perhaps Duke fans that more people like, we've got Atlanta Falcons pro bowl WR Roddy White as a fan. He gets hate on the Twitterverse for it, but despite all that, continues to be a staunch supporter.

During Miami game:

I would've loved to be in Cameron right now

Welcome back Ryan Kelly way to drop 36 on the U

And yesterday:

I been watching the NCAA tourney all day this tourney is always exciting

TheItinerantSon
03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
His game and attitude reminds a lot of the young Redick. If the comparison holds true it does not bode well for Ole Miss chances...

CharlestonDevil
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
He's a clown. I don't like him one bit.

I knew from the moment Rivers hit THE SHOT that Quinn Cook was my favorite player. Why? Because rather than jumping on top of the pile with the other guys he ran straight to the unc student section and did this....

brevity
03-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I knew from the moment Rivers hit THE SHOT that Quinn Cook was my favorite player. Why? Because rather than jumping on top of the pile with the other guys he ran straight to the unc student section and did this....

I'm going to have to disagree. The only valid reason to pop your jersey to the crowd is to introduce the name of the team. Imagine an older audience member reading, "What's that say? Buck-nell?" For this reason players from BCS conferences are not allowed to do the same. Sorry, but Quinn Cook is not exempt. Even doddering Carolina fans know they got beat, and to whom.

BD80
03-22-2013, 01:28 PM
1-11 in first half against Wisc. Guess there wasn't much woofing

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-22-2013, 01:30 PM

Popping the Duke name on your jersey and flashing your abs repeatedly are worlds apart IMO.

There is also a video of him doing the Gator chomp during the SEC championship somewhere. But I mainly don't like him for going crazy after hitting a shot to force OT at Memorial (it's personal).

Trust me that this guy is not to be idolized.

Ichabod Drain
03-22-2013, 01:35 PM

I almost posted this same pic, I love it. Quinn has heart and passion for this program, and it doesn't bother me in the least that that heart spills over into some actions that are not during "in game" play.

Ben1029
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Marshall Henderson is a troll. But, I still find it hilarious to watch. He also has gone to 4 different schools in 4 years.

NashvilleDevil
03-22-2013, 02:46 PM
They just beat Wisconsin

slower
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
They just beat Wisconsin

Which is just AWESOME! Die, Badger scum!! The runner-up most despicable team in the land. Suck lemons, Bo.

sporthenry
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
19 points on 21 shots. 6-21, 3-12 from 3 and 3 turnovers. Started 1-11. Still decides to put on his show at the end.

Ichabod Drain
03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
19 points on 21 shots.... I looked up his stats on the year and he only shoots 36% from 3 and 39% total. That is not very efficient scoring at alll to lead the SEC.

BigWayne
03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Good chance Marshall mania goes another week. Lasalle knocked off K State to set up a 12v13 "3rd round" game.

Ole Miss might be needing a Fedex delivery of their white jerseys.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
This is one of the few times I've found myself agreeing with a Doyell piece.

Anyone think CBS uses a clip of Henderson flipping off the arena in One Shining Moment?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/21948023/advice-for-ole-miss-henderson-after-twofingered-goodbye-wave

rifraf
03-25-2013, 04:34 PM

Anyone think CBS uses a clip of Henderson flipping off the arena in One Shining Moment?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/21948023/advice-for-ole-miss-henderson-after-twofingered-goodbye-wave

I agree with 99% of that post, except I have no problem with Henderson flipping the bird. I don't think it's something we should see every game, or every year, but just once I'm ok with a player hearing something vulgar about his sister and saying "I'm not OK with this and I'm letting everyone know". We all know the horrible things that get said to players, and how often the administration does nothing about it (UMD anyone?) and it drives me crazy that they're supposed to always let it roll of their back, ignore it, deal with it, and any time they snap they get jumped on. These are 18 - 22 year old men or kids (depending on the slant of the article) playing in a pressure cooker, in front of fans or enemies who are going to dissect everything they do on the internet 15 minutes after the game laying it out to the point of physical exhaustion. It's amazing they don't snap or lash out more often.

I know that only a couple people said that, and Henderson knows that only a couple people said that, but it was still something horrible said about the guys sister. If he makes a habit about it, I'll change my tune but for now? The only thing that bothers me is that no one is talking about fans who say stuff like that.

CDu
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM

Interesting words from Doyel. He definitely made a name for himself acting like a tough guy on the internet/radio airways (I remember his rants at Gary Williams, and we all remember his words about Coach K). Good for him if he's realized the error in his ways, although no doubt he profited from those ways.

BlueDevilBrowns
04-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Looks like we'll get to watch "The Marshall Henderson Project" again next year:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/marshall-henderson-will-return-to-ole-miss-for-senior-season/

If you read his statement, it sounds like Ole Miss told him he had to make a public apology as a condition of his return. Like him or not, he certainly has brought a lot of attention to a program no one ever, ever, ever, thought of before.