PDA

View Full Version : Alaa Abdelnaby is a commentator on CBS Sports Network

trinity92
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
What a nice surprise to see our very own Alaa on TV this morning discussing the tournament. I haven't seen Alaa on TV before, and with his wonderful friendly manner, I can't imagine why he hasn't been tapped for TV before. That is, unless he's been doing this for a while and I was just clueless. Hope to see more of him!

Mudge
03-22-2013, 09:00 AM
What a nice surprise to see our very own Alaa on TV this morning discussing the tournament. I haven't seen Alaa on TV before, and with his wonderful friendly manner, I can't imagine why he hasn't been tapped for TV before. That is, unless he's been doing this for a while and I was just clueless. Hope to see more of him!

He has been on the CBS Sports Network, commenting on college basketball (at least) for at least a couple of years-- I listened to him last year, and felt, much as you did, that he has a wonderful, personable manner, and would be an excellent commentator on a bigger stage.

jv001
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Jon Rothstein on CBS Sports filling in for Tim Brando said that Alaa is not only a great basketball commentator but one of the greatest human beings he knows. All the guys on the show agreed. Alaa's insight into college basketball is refreshing. Doesn't hurt he was on 3 Duke FFs. He represents Duke very well. GoDuke!