PDA

View Full Version : Women's BB Question

Turtleboy
03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
What is the status of Amber Henson and Katie Heckman? Do they dress for games? I assume they won't be playing this year, assuming they haven't so far.

jimsumner
03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
What is the status of Amber Henson and Katie Heckman? Do they dress for games? I assume they won't be playing this year, assuming they haven't so far.

They do not.

Heckman had surgery in the off-season and was never expected to play this season. Redshirt.

Henson is a little more complicated. She played a few games early last season before being shut down for surgery. She was granted a medical redshirt. Duke expected her to play around this mid-season but she still experiences some pain and Duke isn't pushing it.

Duke will apply for a second medical redshirt. It's not automatic but the NCAA has granted players a sixth season in these circumstances-Miami's Julian Gamble is an example--and Duke expects Henson to get a second hardship waiver.

Turtleboy
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
They do not.Thanks. By my calculations Duke will have 15 scholarship players next year and will be somewhat stacked on the frontline in the 6' 3" - 6' 4" range. Williams, Henson, Heckman, Kendall Cooper, Oderah Chidom. Is that correct?

jimsumner
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks. By my calculations Duke will have 15 scholarship players next year and will be somewhat stacked on the frontline in the 6' 3" - 6' 4" range. Williams, Henson, Heckman, Kendall Cooper, Oderah Chidom. Is that correct?

Correct.

Don't forget Haley Peters, who is also 6-3. I'm told that Cooper and Chidom are both in the Peters mold, mobile players who can play any of the three front-court positions.

Turtleboy
03-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Correct.

Don't forget Haley Peters, who is also 6-3. I'm told that Cooper and Chidom are both in the Peters mold, mobile players who can play any of the three front-court positions.Right. I think of her as a guard for some reason. Well, with Griner in the rear view mirror thinks might get a bit interesting next year.