PDA

View Full Version : Breaking... UNC FB Players Received Cash From Agent...

Newton_14
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/agent-investigation-names-unc-football-money-man/12207565/

Another blow to the gut....

niveklaen
03-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Its an academic issue, not an sports issue...

oldnavy
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Its an academic issue, not an sports issue...

Yea, I heard the money was for "books" since they actually had to go to class now.

CameronBlue
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
More interesting to me is the implication of Jennifer Wiley and the question of how she came to be connected with Watson. At the extremes she's either an enterprising young tutor trying to pick up some extra cash by working as a runner for a sports agent or she's Butchie Boy's dupe and victim of her own naivete. What we need is one of those mixed media police station wall-hangings with pictures of all the stars and bit players in this drama connected by strings and pushpins. I bet there'd be one helluva gordian knot around Butchie's visage. (Cut to dramatic theme music).

BD80
03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
... What we need is one of those mixed media police station wall-hangings with pictures of all the stars and bit players in this drama connected by strings and pushpins. I bet there'd be one helluva gordian knot around Butchie's visage. (Cut to dramatic theme music).

We're gonna need a bigger board ...

killerleft
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
More interesting to me is the implication of Jennifer Wiley and the question of how she came to be connected with Watson. At the extremes she's either an enterprising young tutor trying to pick up some extra cash by working as a runner for a sports agent or she's Butchie Boy's dupe and victim of her own naivete. What we need is one of those mixed media police station wall-hangings with pictures of all the stars and bit players in this drama connected by strings and pushpins. I bet there'd be one helluva gordian knot around Butchie's visage. (Cut to dramatic theme music).

"How-do-you-do, Missy Wi-ley." Evidently, pretty dang good!

Sorry to drag you into this, Ernest T.

moonpie23
03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
haven't they already been punished for this?
:p

Duke_92
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
How much more will it take for the NCAA to come back around?

BD80
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
How much more will it take for the NCAA to come back around?

Testimony from Wiley. She refused to cooperate with the NCAA investigation

TKG
03-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Wake me when the men's basketball program in Chapel Hill is implicated. Butch is old news.

chrishoke
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Wake me when the men's basketball program in Chapel Hill is implicated. Butch is old news.

Greg Little, who was also on the BB team, is implicated in this latest mess.

TKG
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Rousing from slumber.....

CameronBlue
03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Rousing from slumber.....

...or rising the grave. This scandal is beginning to take on a "Night of the Living Dead" odor and we're all trapped in the farmhouse.

davekay1971
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM

He's listed on the 2007-2008 team roster but not on the 2008-2009 team roster. So a FF appearance, but not a NC, would theoretically be at risk. Theoretically...if the NCAA cared one whit about violations at UNC.

UrinalCake
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
haven't they already been punished for this?
:p

Yeah, I know mcAdoo has already been implicated (the football player, not the basketball player) but how much of the rest of this is actual new information? I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

JTH
03-11-2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/agent-investigation-names-unc-football-money-man/12207565/

I haven't seen this posted yet. I believe that this story came out late this afternoon. It was on the local (Charlotte) evening TV (WBTV) news as well.

It appears that the investigation by the NC Attorney General has found evidence that sports agent Terry Watson, sent cash to multiple unc football players, the tutor (Jennifer Wiley) and others.

I was particularly amused by the very last sentence. The agent applied to register in NC but his check bounced.

I hope this goes to trial. At least it raises the possibility of questions being asked in court that could lead to further unraveling of the stone walling and cover up that has gone on and with which the NCAA seems to be content.

Regardless of how it goes, at the very least, it would be that much more entertainment (and misery at the hump.)

Newton_14
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
;)

I haven't seen this posted yet. I believe that this story came out late this afternoon. It was on the local (Charlotte) evening TV (WBTV) news as well.

It appears that the investigation by the NC Attorney General has found evidence that sports agent Terry Watson, sent cash to multiple unc football players, the tutor (Jennifer Wiley) and others.

I was particularly amused by the very last sentence. The agent applied to register in NC but his check bounced.

I hope this goes to trial. At least it raises the possibility of questions being asked in court that could lead to further unraveling of the stone walling and cover up that has gone on and with which the NCAA seems to be content.

Regardless of how it goes, at the very least, it would be that much more entertainment (and misery at the hump.)

This thread has been on Page 1 since this morning...;)

JTH
03-11-2013, 08:40 PM

I see that this has been posted earlier. Mods, feel free to delete.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-11-2013, 09:06 PM

It's my understanding that the investigation is being conducted by the office of Secretary of State for the State of North Carolina, not the Attorney General's office. The raid was part of supervisory and investigative authority of the Secretary of State over licensed agents. The attempt at registration you mentioned was processed by the office the Secretary of State.

JTH
03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
It's my understanding that the investigation is being conducted by the office of Secretary of State for the State of North Carolina, not the Attorney General's office. The raid was part of supervisory and investigative authority of the Secretary of State over licensed agents. The attempt at registration you mentioned was processed by the office the Secretary of State.

Yes, I see that you are correct. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

miramar
03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Yea, I heard the money was for "books" since they actually had to go to class now.

I'm pretty sure they can still download middle school term papers for free.