PDA

View Full Version : Kelly in a Boot?

pamtar
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed and mods please delete or move.

A friend texted me a picture of the team leaving the Nose Dome last night and RK was wearing his boot. I assume this is just a precautionary measure. I searched the hot mess of a thread known as the RKLE Vigil but couldn't find anything saying he was still wearing the boot. Thanks in advance for clearing this up...

CDu
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM

A friend texted me a picture of the team leaving the Nose Dome last night and RK was wearing his boot. I assume this is just a precautionary measure. I searched the hot mess of a thread known as the RKLE Vigil but couldn't find anything saying he was still wearing the boot. Thanks in advance for clearing this up...

Marshall was seen wearing his boot for a good month after he came back. I suspect Kelly will continue to wear the boot off court until after the season ends.

uh_no
03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Marshall was seen wearing his boot for a good month after he came back. I suspect Kelly will continue to wear the boot off court until after the season ends.

Yes. this is the case. He explained it in the pre-UNC presser...said just to keep pressure off it when he wasn't playing.

superdave
03-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes. this is the case. He explained it in the pre-UNC presser...said just to keep pressure off it when he wasn't playing.

Seth is wearing one as well. I believe this got mentioned in a thread this week. Ryan and Seth and Marshall, all booted for the duration.

pamtar
03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks CDu, uhno and superdave. Just wanted to check, wasn't too worried but it was nagging me a bit. Again, Mods feel free to delete this thread.

superdave
03-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks CDu, uhno and superdave. Just wanted to check, wasn't too worried but it was nagging me a bit. Again, Mods feel free to delete this thread.

Health. It's next to cleanliness and Godliness when discussing basketball.

Ryan has played 91 minutes in 3 games back. I think we're good.

Henderson
03-10-2013, 07:11 PM
We have two senior starters who have to wear protective gear when not in games because they are playing hurt? And they play like this? With little practice?

I don't ever want to hear again that Duke players are "soft." Ever.

hurleyfor3
03-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Clearly everyone needs to wear boots, then we'd run the UCLA 1968 team out of the building.

superdave
03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Clearly everyone needs to wear boots, then we'd run the UCLA 1968 team out of the building.

To be fair, Lew Alcindor will be 66 this spring. He's not putting up 25 a night anymore.

NSDukeFan
03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
To be fair, Lew Alcindor will be 66 this spring. He's not putting up 25 a night anymore.

He would likely still be one of the best halfcourt centers in college ball.

Saratoga2
03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
He would likely still be one of the best halfcourt centers in college ball.

Has he changed his name back to that of his college days?

Henderson
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM

Doesn't matter. The guy doesn't need a name. Would you ever see him in a crowd and not know who he is? Lew, Kareem, George, Fred, whatever. Blah Blah Blah was a shining star.

jjasper0729
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM

could be the Coming to America adage... to paraphrase.. His momma named him Lew. I'm gonna call him Lew!

weezie
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM

Perhaps Ryan is starting a new fashion trend. Maybe I'll wear mine today in solidarity and as a nod to spring styles.

JasonEvans
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM

Yes, but he is learning how to dive off the 10-meter platform!

-Jason "this is (http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/bucks-legend-kareem-abdul-jabbar-making-splash) one of the strangest reality TV show ideas EVER!" Evans

hurleyfor3
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Perhaps Ryan is starting a new fashion trend. Maybe I'll wear mine today in solidarity and as a nod to spring styles.

There's a fair amount of cachet about wearing one up here. Look everyone, I got in a skiing accident!

David
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM

Maybe his foot was sore from kicking UNC's rear all night?

freshmanjs
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM

try dragging walton and lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes

moonpie23
03-11-2013, 03:11 PM

and don't call me "shirley"...

hood7
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Like Roger Murdock, co-pilot?

MChambers
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Like Roger Murdock, co-pilot?
Roger, over.

FerryFor50
03-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe he is wearing a boot after injuring himself mountain climbing in Piz Palu...

We should call in Col. Hans Landa to investigate.