PDA

View Full Version : Greatest rivalry year ever?

SupaDave
03-10-2013, 11:49 AM
This year, Duke beat UNC both home and away in Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, and Football... (and the manager's basketball game too!!)

Has there ever been another year where UNC has been so dominated?

Duvall
03-10-2013, 11:50 AM
This year, Duke beat UNC both home and away in Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, and Football... (and the manager's basketball game too!!)

Year isn't over yet.

2003-2004.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-10-2013, 11:55 AM

I know our managers won in Cameron. They were leading in CH, but I didn't see a final score. Did the Duke managers win in CH?

Native
03-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I know our managers won in Cameron. They were leading in CH, but I didn't see a final score. Did the Duke managers win in CH?

Nope. Lost by double digits IIRC.

Durham Thunder
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
We've certainly had their number on all fronts this year. The ACC tournament looms, and if both UNC & Duke win their first game, then we meet again. Duke owns the ACC Tourney, but we're slotted for a #1 seed no matter what...so we'll see what happens.

TruBlu
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Nope. Lost by double digits IIRC.

Our managers were probably sand-bagging, laying a trap so that we can stomp them in the ACC Managers Tournament.:rolleyes: (Thinly veiled reference to IC's claim about last nights loss to Duke)

JasonEvans
03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Duke women just went 3-0 against UNC in hoops this season. Not too shabby!

-Jason

Native
03-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Duke women just went 3-0 against UNC in hoops this season. Not too shabby!

-Jason

...and with Duke and UNC being on the same side of the ACCT bracket, our men could have the chance to do the same before the ACC Championship.

JStuart
03-11-2013, 06:55 AM

Along those lines, is the Carlyle Cup still being awarded? I know the jewelry company went out of business, but they did keep a score of Duke-unc competition.
Did they see this year coming, and with help from the unc 'tudors', close things out so that they didn't have to recognize Duke as a superior program?