PDA

View Full Version : ACC Champions: Duke 92, Carolina 73

jimsumner
03-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm tweeting all weekend.

For those interested.

For those not interested, I'm still tweeting.

Only, you're probably not interested.

jls1950ral (https://twitter.com/jls1950ral)

MCFinARL
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm tweeting all weekend.

For those interested.

For those not interested, I'm still tweeting.

Only, you're probably not interested.

jls1950ral

Thanks!

burnspbesq
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Why do we always struggle against the Wuffettes in Greensboro?

DU82
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Why do we always struggle against the Wuffettes in Greensboro?

42-33 @ half. Offense taking advantage of guards' height compared to Wolfies. Tricia with 14, Lexi with 12. Inside somewhat neutralized with State's, er, bulk. Elizabeth with 7. State's gotten free for too many threes. Comfortable lead, but can't forget last year.

Bob Green
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I just got home and turned on the game so I'm ready to enjoy the 2nd half.

jimsumner
03-08-2013, 02:57 PM
41-33 @ half. Offense taking advantage of guards' height compared to Wolfies. Tricia with 14, Lexi with 12. Inside somewhat neutralized with State's, er, bulk. Elizabeth with 7. State's gotten free for too many threes. Comfortable lead, but can't forget last year.

Better than that. It's actually 42-33. Duke 8-12 from beyond the arc, Liston 4-6. She has 14 pts, Jones 12 pts, 5 assists. But Gatling having her way on the blocks with 12 points and 5 rebounds. E needs to get tougher and use her length and quickness.

stillcrazie
03-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Better than that. It's actually 42-33. Duke 8-12 from beyond the arc, Liston 4-6. She has 14 pts, Jones 12 pts, 5 assists. But Gatling having her way on the blocks with 12 points and 5 rebounds. E needs to get tougher and use her length and quickness.

And now it's 51-50 State?

stillcrazie
03-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Liston is carrying this team today!

MCFinARL
03-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Liston is carrying this team today!

Absolutely! Happy to get this win, which wasn't nearly as easy as the final score suggests.

burnspbesq
03-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Wuffettes led 57-53 with 7:02 to go. Duke closed the game with a 26-8 run.

Career-high 26 for Liston, and a double-double to boot.

Duke plays FSU in the semis tomorrow.

Bob Green
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Great win! State came out in the 2nd half and punched us in the nose. The team deserves a lot of credit for responding and earning a tough victory. Tricia Liston was fabulous with 26 points and 11 rebounds.

burnspbesq
03-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Have to say I really enjoyed the broadcast. Tom Werman and Stephanie Reddy are better than most of the broadcast teams that have done Duke women's games this year. We're probably back to Hogs and Debby tomorrow. Oh, well.

jimsumner
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Duke was 12-21 on 3s and 17-22 from the line. Clutch foul shooting. Jackson raised her game and made some big shots. But both Peters and Wells are in a bit of a funk. Duke will need more from them to keep advancing.

But Duke's execution down the stretch was high level, especially foul shooting. Williams knocking down four straight after struggling early was huge.

Harper said she thought her team panicked a bit when Duke regained the lead.

DU82
03-08-2013, 09:41 PM
In the evening games, Wake was up seven in the second half against Maryland, and tied it up to take it to overtime, however Maryland had too many horses in OT, winning by 11. A very high level game on both sides.

On the other hand, the Smurfs are beating BC 25-23 at the half of the nightcap in a game as ugly as the score.

Good news, Maryland plays OT, UNC plays late, and (if the inferior blue wins) get to bludgeon each other tomorrow.

Bob Green
03-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Good news, Maryland plays OT, UNC plays late, and (if the inferior blue wins) get to bludgeon each other tomorrow.

I just checked the women's scoreboard and UNC beat BC 62-57. In today's semi-finals, it is Duke - FSU at 1:00 pm followed by Maryland - UNC at 3:30 pm. TV coverage in my area will be provided by Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic. Here is the list of affiliates:

http://accwbb.theacc.com/matchCenters/affiliates/250

davekay1971
03-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Go Duke, I'm glad the ladies won their opener!

As a total aside...Kellie Harper is a coach I enjoy watching.

MCFinARL
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Go Duke, I'm glad the ladies won their opener!

As a total aside...Kellie Harper is a coach I enjoy watching.

Gee, why would that be? ;)

DU82
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Gee, why would that be? ;)

She's the anti-Sylvia.

jimsumner
03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Duke up 34-31 at half. But FSU has to be feeling pretty good. Duke had eight-point lead, ball and shot clock off. Turnover led to lay-up, then second turnover led to long buzzer-beater.

Peters has 11 but missed a couple of chippies and chance to build lead. Duke with 28-10 dominance on boards but have committed nine turnovers, while forcing only one.

Only three total fouls called.

DU82
03-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Duke up 34-31 at half. But FSU has to be feeling pretty good. Duke had eight-point lead, ball and shot clock off. Turnover led to lay-up, then second turnover led to long buzzer-beater.

Peters has 11 but missed a couple of chippies and chance to build lead. Duke with 28-10 dominance on boards but have committed nine turnovers, while forcing only one.

Only three total fouls called.

I didn't think the refs missed much. Pretty clean game. The way basketball's supposed to be played.

We need to stop the unforced errors tomorrow. We were fortunate late that FSU couldn't hit their open threes (tired legs?) and Tricia and Elizabeth hit their free throws (Tricia is automatic, Elizabeth seemsuch better down the stretch than in the first half.)

jimsumner
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Semrau subtly complained that her post players were impeded in their movements.

FSU had a first-round bye just like Duke and thet also play eight. So, I'm not sure tired legs explains. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't.

burnspbesq
03-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Carolina came from 14 down at halftime to beat Maryland in the other semi.

Bob Green
03-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Carolina came from 14 down at halftime to beat Maryland in the other semi.

Duke versus Carolina for the ACC Championship - as it should be!

I watched the 1st half and first 10 minutes of the 2nd half today before having to head off to grandson's baseball practice. We threw the ball away too much. Yes, FSU's defense deserves some credit, but we must take better care of the basketball tomorrow.

Bob Green
03-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Here are the game notes from GoDuke.com:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=206696861&DB_OEM_ID=4200

The game is at 2 pm with TV coverage on ESPN2. This is an opportunity for Duke to whip Carolina twice in less than 24 hours.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Here are the game notes from GoDuke.com:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=206696861&DB_OEM_ID=4200

The game is at 2 pm with TV coverage on ESPN2. This is an opportunity for Duke to whip Carolina twice in less than 24 hours.

I was there yesterday and will be again today, rooting the ladies on. I'll say an extra "Go To Hell carolina!" for y'all today! :cool:

Bob Green
03-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I was there yesterday and will be again today, rooting the ladies on. I'll say an extra "Go To Hell carolina!" for y'all today! :cool:

I am pretty sure I saw a glimpse of you on TV yesterday.

roywhite
03-10-2013, 09:44 AM
So far this school year, we've swept the Heels in MBB, WBB, and won in Football.

Since we currently own them in Durham County and Orange County, let's spread the fun to Guilford County.

Furniture
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
A warm welcome then from Guilford County!

wandalee
03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Good guys up 39-24 at the half. Hope we can keep it going for 20 more minutes. This team has been so tough since Chelsea went down.

OldPhiKap
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I dislike Sylvia more than Roy. Go Duke!

Bob Green
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
A nice run in the first half gave us the big lead. We threw the ball away too much, but countered by turning over Carolina repeatedly. The balanced scoring is a real asset: Williams - 11; Peters - 9; Wells - 5; Liston - 4; Jackson - 4; Jones -4; and Vernerey -2.

Richa Jackson sank a really nice midrange jump shot off a spin move.

Bob Green
03-10-2013, 03:04 PM
1st Team All ACC Tierra Ruffin-Pratt had zero points, four turnovers and two personal fouls in the 1st half.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Two blowouts in two days. Me likey.

sagegrouse
03-10-2013, 03:14 PM
The women are just piling on, right now,-- up 45-26 with 17:11 left. Lots of time and no lead is safe, but I like what's happening.

sagegrouse

wandalee
03-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Where did Sylvia finda smurf-blue leather jacket??!!

Native
03-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Just tuned in. Jones is ballin'!

dukelifer
03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Just tuned in. Jones is ballin'!

A star in the making. She has a ton of talent.

BD80
03-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I dislike Sylvia more than Roy. Go Duke!

Pretty sure that sylvia could whip ol' roy. Ten out of ten times.

wandalee
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
And it's a sweep!! Duke wins 92-73

miramar
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Instead of the 50+ turnovers of the regular season finale, it's about thirty, so I've enjoyed the game as well as the score. To be fair, Carolina probably ran out of gas towards the end of the first half because of their comeback win yesterday, but I'm only being kind because they beat Maryland.

It's great to have a real ACC finale, especially when it ends with a pummeling of UNC.

dukelifer
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
ACC champs and a sweep of UNC- nice way to end the ACC season. Congrats to the team. Jones is really good!

Ggallagher
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
That was fun - men and women sweep uncch. And watching Alexis Jones is a real treat. Great game ladies.

Kedsy
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
What could Sylvia possibly be thinking? Her team's down 20+ and she's still got them intentionally fouling with 8.5 seconds left and pressing the inbounds pass with 1.5 seconds left. Really?

MCFinARL
03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
What could Sylvia possibly be thinking? Her team's down 20+ and she's still got them intentionally fouling with 8.5 seconds left and pressing the inbounds pass with 1.5 seconds left. Really?

Practicing end game situations for next week? It does seem a little ridiculous, though.

ynotme32
03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Congrats to the Women on a wonderful season so far. Look forward to the NCAAT and hoping they can make a push to the final four. Winning it all might be tough, but never out of the question. Good luck ladies, it's fun to watch you play!

devildeac
03-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Did you expect anything else from her:mad:?

devildeac
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
What a weekend to be a 3260!

roywhite
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM

A rabid dog has a better temperament.

Antics like that make Sylvia thoroughly unlikeable.

Lid
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
We've never met in person, but if DBR pictures are to be believed, I think you gave my son a mini basketball that you caught at the game yesterday. Is that right? It was very kind of you, and we appreciated it. If it wasn't you, don't tell me, and I'll keep giving you credit anyway.

jimsumner
03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Jones named tournament MVP. Joined on 1st team by Williams, Peters, TRP and Alyssa Thomas.

Liston on second team, along with Rolle, Coleman, Chelsea Douglas and Tianna Hawkins.

Duke shot 56.9% from the the field, the best in a title game since 1984.

Hatchell said in post-game that she thinks Duke is better with Jones at point then with Gray at point.

Indoor66
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Hatchell said in post-game that she thinks Duke is better with Jones at point then with Gray at point.

What the H... does she know? Just look at her.

burnspbesq
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Just imagine if Alexis ever learns to go right. :cool:

So now we're rooting for Texas A&M and UCLA. Worst case, we should now be locked into the number five overall seed. A Stanford loss tonight, or a UConn loss to ND in the Big East final on Tuesday, and we can actually start to think about a one.

CameronBornAndBred
03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Jones named tournament MVP. Joined on 1st team by Williams, Peters, TRP and Alyssa Thomas.

Liston on second team, along with Rolle, Coleman, Chelsea Douglas and Tianna Hawkins.

A huge congrats to Alexis, that is an amazing feat for a freshman, and well deserved. We were saying in chat she should be in consideration. (Haley was amazing too.) From the ACC's game notes..

- With freshman Alexis Jones’ selection as the Most Valuable Player, it marks the seventh time a Duke student-athlete has claimed the honor. However, Jones is only the fi fth Blue Devil to win the award, as Iciss Tillis (2003 and 2004) and Jasmine Thomas (2010 and 2011) were both back-to-back honorees.

http://accwbb.theacc.com/matchCenters/notes/252

captmojo
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Sylvia put the clamps down on McDaniel near the end. After getting caught on a sideline push, she began to mouth off and move toward Duke players in a very aggressive manner that looked as though it could lead to something violent. Reading lips is tough to do for words coming from someone that doesn't have any, but it appeared to me that she was telling McDaniel to shut up.
After the first free throw, McDaniel was subbed for a seat on the bench.

Great game from the Duke women. A well deserved win. All hail our Champions! Nice to see that Alexis' father could attend.

miramar
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Jones was Duke's top recruit this year, as she was ranked #3 by ESPN while being surrounded by UConn signees at 1, 2, and 6. Duke's other ranked recruits were Sierra Moore at 49 and Katie Heckman at 80:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2012

Fast forward to this year's senior class and Duke has Rebecca Greenwell (#6), Oderah Chittom (10), Kendall Cooper (12), and Kianna Holland (32), which is even more impressive than last year. That's great, but I was surprised to see that UConn's top recruit is ranked #75.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Does UConn have so much talent stockpiled that this year's senior class decided to stay away, or are Duke and Notre Dame (and UNC, I hate to say) starting to catch up in the recruiting wars?

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2013

Finally, I certainly won't mind having Notre Dame as Duke's second rival instead of Maryland. At least ND WBB doesn't make me gag.

DU82
03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Sylvia put the clamps down on McDaniel near the end. After getting caught on a sideline push, she began to mouth off and move toward Duke players in a very aggressive manner that looked as though it could lead to something violent. Reading lips is tough to do for words coming from someone that doesn't have any, but it appeared to me that she was telling McDaniel to shut up.
After the first free throw, McDaniel was subbed for a seat on the bench.

Great game from the Duke women. A well deserved win. All hail our Champions! Nice to see that Alexis' father could attend.

McDaniel was "chippy" during the handshake row and leaving the court after the game. IIRC, she was the one who pushed Chelsea into the goal support over in Chapel Hill earlier this year.

Unfortunately, she's only a freshman, so three more years of her crap.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
We've never met in person, but if DBR pictures are to be believed, I think you gave my son a mini basketball that you caught at the game yesterday. Is that right? It was very kind of you, and we appreciated it. If it wasn't you, don't tell me, and I'll keep giving you credit anyway.

It was me. He was sitting in Section 111, about row H, right? He was 2 rows behind me. :cool: And I just gave you some Zporkz, too!

Our ladies played great today too! Congrats to our newest ACC Champions! And to Lexie for winning the Tourney MVP award! :cool::cool:

jimsumner
03-10-2013, 06:42 PM
McDaniel plays with the same edge as her father. It's a good edge when properly channeled. Not so good, when left unchanneled.

Jones, btw, is the first freshman to be named tourny MVP since Duke's Monique Currie in 2002.

rogermortimer
03-10-2013, 07:12 PM

This is the third UNC Duke game I have watched this year. I don't understand Hatchell's coaching at all. Yes, it is of course a good idea to play tough defense, but she has her players playing incredibly physical all 90 feet of the court to the detriment of everything else. And pressing Alexis Jones makes no sense. She is best in the open floor, and once she breaks the press she is free to jet down the court (particularly to her left). Moreover, Duke shoots too well. All Hatchell's strategy does is cause Duke to score 90 points, a score which in the women's game is rarely overcome. I have no idea what she is thinking.

jimsumner
03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
This is the third UNC Duke game I have watched this year. I don't understand Hatchell's coaching at all. Yes, it is of course a good idea to play tough defense, but she has her players playing incredibly physical all 90 feet of the court to the detriment of everything else. And pressing Alexis Jones makes no sense. She is best in the open floor, and once she breaks the press she is free to jet down the court (particularly to her left). Moreover, Duke shoots too well. All Hatchell's strategy does is cause Duke to score 90 points, a score which in the women's game is rarely overcome. I have no idea what she is thinking.

When she's won, she's won by running and pressing and she's not about to change.

OldPhiKap
03-10-2013, 08:20 PM
When she's won, she's won by running and pressing and she's not about to change.

Does that make Roy "the flexible coach" in Chapel Hill?!?

dukelifer
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Still would like to have Gray but Jones is special - she has a great feel for the game. Duke's O is much more fluid. They will need a big game to beat one of the 1 seeds- but they are not going to be an easy out.

davekay1971
03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Congrats to the Duke women! Wonderful championship, beating the Holes in the process. Now, on to another championship aspiration for them.

OldPhiKap
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Congrats to the Duke women! Wonderful championship, beating the Holes in the process. Now, on to another championship aspiration for them.

Agreed. Big congrats, now on to the next challenge!

uh_no
03-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know what's going on here? Does UConn have so much talent stockpiled that this year's senior class decided to stay away, or are Duke and Notre Dame (and UNC, I hate to say) starting to catch up in the recruiting wars?

I think two things are at work here:

Uconn has a good amount of talent coming back, and the players they are losing (kelly faris and caroline doty) is not the kind you can replace simply by taking the top off the rankings. To some degree, I think that Geno probably didn't see a great fit for many of the players at the top of this year's class.

Second, I'm sure they probably did miss on some recruits.

Like Duke men, Uconn women don't like to stack the bench with walk ons (ala UNC men) or necessarily fill their scholarship allocation. As such, they will take players that they think fill a specific need.

so anyway, I think it's both a combination of not choosing to pursue a lot of this year's top recruits, and missing on the top recruits they did pursue.

roywhite
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM

I've seen a lot of teams who play that way and coaches who coach that style.

Till watching Sylvia, I don't recall seeing teams who press full court and foul intentionally when down by 20 points or more in the last few seconds. It's ridiculous, absurd, and poor sportsmanship; when the sport is showcased in a televised conference championship, such a display frankly hurts the product.

There's really no excuse for her behavior.

burnspbesq
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Texas A&M took care of Kentucky in the SEC championship game.

UCLA leads Stanford by one with 2:59 to go.

burnspbesq
03-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Stanford pulls it out by two. UCLA had a good look to force overtime, but it didn't drop.

rogermortimer
03-10-2013, 10:41 PM

Yes, but Hatchell's strategy nevertheless makes little sense. It is not like she wasn't apprised before this game of the likely consequences of UNC's chosen style of play.

I grew up watching Knight's first IU teams on grainy UHF channels in Chicago. There was a reason he rarely pressed on defense. It is all about costs and benefits. Gary Williams liked to press, but he knew how to control and throttle it as well. This is not the case with UNC's women's team. Yes, their physical 90 foot play makes them an uncomfortable opponent, but Duke scored often when they overplayed, and in any event, the physical court to court play prevents UNC from getting any sort of rhythm on offense. UNC is a good team - they just beat Maryland - another very good team - there is no reason they should play an uncompetitive final against Duke (and foul intentionally with 20 seconds under the guise that the team plays with intensity).

Duke_92
03-10-2013, 11:21 PM
I was upset about the fouls at end if the game. Just poor sportsmanship. Tried to get my own first class (point at our bench) -- no class (point at their bench) chant going, but couldn't get the crowd to follow along.

killerleft
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't have been surprised if any of the Duke foursome of Jones, Liston, Peters, or even Williams and the trouble her very presence causes, had been named the top tourney player. These women got game!

A thoroughly enjoyable tournament:D.

jimsumner
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Yes, but Hatchell's strategy nevertheless makes little sense. It is not like she wasn't apprised before this game of the likely consequences of UNC's chosen style of play.

I grew up watching Knight's first IU teams on grainy UHF channels in Chicago. There was a reason he rarely pressed on defense. It is all about costs and benefits. Gary Williams liked to press, but he knew how to control and throttle it as well. This is not the case with UNC's women's team. Yes, their physical 90 foot play makes them an uncomfortable opponent, but Duke scored often when they overplayed, and in any event, the physical court to court play prevents UNC from getting any sort of rhythm on offense. UNC is a good team - they just beat Maryland - another very good team - there is no reason they should play an uncompetitive final against Duke (and foul intentionally with 20 seconds under the guise that the team plays with intensity).

Sylvia has an image of herself and her basketball team. Tough, athletic, never-say-die. Run and press. Tough, athletic, never-say-die teams don't concede, even when they're 20 points behind with eight seconds left.

Ironically, Hatchell complained about the officiating in the post-game. Not this game specifically but a more general call for a looser, more flowing game, with less physicality allowed in the post region.

The irony did not escape us.

There's another aspect of yesterday's game that I found intriguing. As a general rule, the team that is 20 points behind is called for more fouls than the team that is 20 points ahead.

That was most emphatically not the case yesterday. Most curious.

Lid
03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Ironically, Hatchell complained about the officiating in the post-game. Not this game specifically but a more general call for a looser, more flowing game, with less physicality allowed in the post region.

The irony did not escape us.

Goodness, I just now read some of her post-game quotes.

“I know last year I talked about how physical it was,” Hatchell said. “I decided this year, hey, we’re just going to match everybody else with how physical we are.”

Is that a joke? Poor Sylvia, with her finesse players, previously unwilling to sully themselves by trying to beat the crap out of other players. How rude of Duke to have dragged them down into the muck.

That's what I get for thinking that she was much more gracious after the first two wins this year than she normally is. I guess she showed me.

Duvall
03-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Should Duke have let the Heels stay a little closer on Sunday? Starting to worry that Notre Dame's ownership of UConn might get Duke shipped to Bridgeport as a #1 seed.

dukelifer
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Should Duke have let the Heels stay a little closer on Sunday? Starting to worry that Notre Dame's ownership of UConn might get Duke shipped to Bridgeport as a #1 seed.

Notre Dame may have given it away.

dukelifer
03-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Notre Dame may have given it away.

Great ending. Notre Dame steals the ball with a few secs left and get a layup on a great pass by Diggins

Duvall
03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Great ending. Notre Dame steals the ball with a few secs left and get a layup on a great pass by Diggins

Notre Dame steals its first Big East title and will carry it with them as they leave the league.

burnspbesq
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Right now, Creme has us as the two seed in Norfolk, opposite Notre Dame, which makes no sense. We're clearly the number five team on the S-curve. We should be the two seed in Spokane opposite Stanford.

There is no good scenario for the committee in which Duke is a one seed. If we move up to number four on the S-curve and UConn moves down to five, we're lined up for a rematch, and it's inconceivable that it would be in Norfolk instead of Bridgeport. If we move up to number four and UConn gets knocked all the way down to number six, then we get Norfolk, but with a potential rematch with Cal in the Elite Eight (and Stanford gets hosed by having to go to Bridgeport, and either Baylor or ND has to go to Spokane). The only way to make us a one seed without a potential rematch is to depart from the S-curve and give us Kentucky, Tennessee, or Penn State as the two.

Let's go to Spokane and get some payback for last year.

Bob Green
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Right now, Creme has us as the two seed in Norfolk, opposite Notre Dame, which makes no sense. We're clearly the number five team on the S-curve. We should be the two seed in Spokane opposite Stanford.

Let's go to Spokane and get some payback for last year.

Perhaps I'm guilty of not looking at the big picture (okay, I'm definitely guilty of not looking at the big picture), but I hope to see Duke at the Ted Constant Center in Norfolk.

Merlindevildog91
03-13-2013, 04:11 PM
The Ted (Constant Center) would be a homecoming for Elizabeth Williams, who's from Virginia Beach.