PDA

View Full Version : Durham/Wake County High School Info

fuse
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
In the next week, my son will decide which high school to attend from:
Wake County Young Men's Leadership Academy
Research Triangle High School (in Durham in RTP)
Raleigh Charter (we won't find out lottery results until next week)

I'm looking for any inside information or thoughts from either students or parents of students attending these schools on what they like/don't like.

Having this kind of decision to make is definitely a first world problem.

Any insight or thoughts greatly appreciated- we've been on the tours, open houses, etc.

Whether you know of the specific schools or not, if you've faced similar choices with your children, I'd also be interested in how you handled the decision making process with your child (totally up to them, parental decision, etc).

Thank you!

allenmurray
03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
In the next week, my son will decide which high school to attend from:
Wake County Young Men's Leadership Academy
Research Triangle High School (in Durham in RTP)
Raleigh Charter (we won't find out lottery results until next week)

I'm looking for any inside information or thoughts from either students or parents of students attending these schools on what they like/don't like.

Having this kind of decision to make is definitely a first world problem.

Any insight or thoughts greatly appreciated- we've been on the tours, open houses, etc.

Whether you know of the specific schools or not, if you've faced similar choices with your children, I'd also be interested in how you handled the decision making process with your child (totally up to them, parental decision, etc).

Thank you!

Raleigh Charter has an excellent reputation. The other two are pretty new, so there will probably be a lot of bugs to be worked out, even if they end up being high quality schools.