PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Kelly on Dan Patrick Show

tommy
03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Don't know if it is on tape delay, and therefore has already been heard on the East Coast. but Ryan Kelly will be interviewed on the Dan Patrick radio show in 2 minutes. Tune in!

OldPhiKap
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks, anyone have a link or a summary?

killerleft
03-04-2013, 04:24 PM
http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/03/04/ryan-kelly-on-court-storming-facial-hair-at-duke/

Neither Ryan nor Dan seemed to realize that The White Raven is a take-off on The Black Falcon, self-proclaimed nickname of Rick Barnes' son.:eek:

-bdbd
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.n...ith-ryan-kelly/

Yeah, Patrick actually threw out a few landmines there which Ryan neatly dodged, such as "Why the WHITE Raven though..." Also pressing him on what got K so upset after the UVA game, and implying that it might be related to the fact that Duke had just lost.

Great interview. Great kid. So articulate - he represents us very well. I was wondering if it, the nickname, was a takeoff on Harry Barnes. I can understand him not wanting to acknowledge that though... HA!

Bluedog
03-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Impressive that Kelly is a PubPol major...I knew he was a smart guy being a National Merit guy in high school and Academic All-ACC, but certainly not taking the easy route in the course curriculum. Not too much new insight from the interview - Patrick definitely tries to give some leading questions and Kelly did a good job answering them. Sounded surprised that he was able to play 32 minutes against Miami - hopefully, he won't be too sore/tired and will feel refreshed and good to go by tomorrow.

gam7
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Impressive that Kelly is a PubPol major...I knew he was a smart guy being a National Merit guy in high school and Academic All-ACC, but certainly not taking the easy route in the course curriculum. Not too much new insight from the interview - Patrick definitely tries to give some leading questions and Kelly did a good job answering them. Sounded surprised that he was able to play 32 minutes against Miami - hopefully, he won't be too sore/tired and will feel refreshed and good to go by tomorrow.

If he's winded tomorrow, he'll have some time to get his feet under him before the final push. After tomorrow, we'll have one game in the following 9 days.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
If he's winded tomorrow, he'll have some time to get his feet under him before the final push. After tomorrow, we'll have one game in the following 9 days.
I kind of hope they limit his minutes tomorrow assuming we are ahead of VT as expected. No need to push him too hard too fast especially after Miami game. Let's not put him in a position where he could aggravate anything.

sagegrouse
03-04-2013, 05:34 PM

I kind of hope they limit his minutes tomorrow assuming we are ahead of VT as expected. No need to push him too hard too fast especially after Miami game. Let's not put him in a position where he could aggravate anything.

It looks to me like his practice time is gonna be on the court. I expect him to play 30+. How will he do? I have absolutely no idea.

sage