PDA

View Full Version : Viewer Warning: Bomani Jones on Around The Horn

slower
02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't watch this show, but I was surfing past ESPN earlier and saw Bomani Jones on the panel. Not sure if he's a "regular" or not. Please avoid if you are easily nauseated or enraged.

FerryFor50
02-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't watch this show, but I was surfing past ESPN earlier and saw Bomani Jones on the panel. Not sure if he's a "regular" or not. Please avoid if you are easily nauseated or enraged.

He's a regular, but I stopped watching that show a while ago. Too much bluster, too little content.

As bad as Bomani is, he's no Woody Paige or Skip Bayless...

Mabdul Doobakus
02-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Hmmm...I actually like Bomani. He's a frequent contributor to Dan Le Batard's TV and radio programs, as well, and I find he often brings an interesting and alternative viewpoint. Le Batard loves to talk about race in sports (or outside of sports) and Bomani is always willing to go down that road with him. But a lot of the radio listeners despise him as well, I think largely because he never stops talking, and I'm sure some people think he's being controversial on purpose. Which maybe he is at times...but I don't think it's anything out of line with your average Around the Horn panelist, and certainly nowhere near Skip Bayless levels.

BlueDevilBrowns
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
I listened to Bomani when he was on local radio here in NC and he was OK I thought. Yeah, he'd say the typical anti-Duke crap all Carolina people say but it was mostly harmless.

He did have some interesting and humorous points outside the norm that I found entertaining on a variety of topics.

His take on Alex Trebeck and Victor Newman being old men that could "take your woman" was classic!

_Gary
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
The most important thing I know about him, after listening to him for several years now, is that he's pretty anti-Duke. No friend of the Blue Devils to say the least.

HCheek37
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Bomani also has a fun tendency on twitter to pick out comments at him and throw an offbase, sometimes rude, sometimes harsh line back the person and never engage them again. Very anti-duke as well. Funny guy sometimes but in the end a bit too crass for my liking.

Indoor66
03-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Bomani also has a fun tendency on twitter to pick out comments at him and throw an offbase, sometimes rude, sometimes harsh line back the person and never engage them again. Very anti-duke as well. Funny guy sometimes but in the end a bit too crass for my liking.

Seems to me that such a tendency is more crass and childish rather than fun.

blazindw
03-01-2013, 10:46 AM
If I avoided all the people who were anti-Duke, there would be very few people I could speak with in the world.

HCheek37
03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Seems to me that such a tendency is more crass and childish rather than fun.

Definitely a tongue-in-cheek / roll of the eyes usage of fun....its super annoying.