PDA

View Full Version : Great Interview With Semi's High School Coach

MHNOLADevil
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/q-duke-basketball-recruit-semi-ojeleyes-high-schoo

I cannot wait to see this kid in Duke blue.

elvis14
02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/q-duke-basketball-recruit-semi-ojeleyes-high-schoo

I cannot wait to see this kid in Duke blue.

Thanks for posting that article. It's hard to read that and not get excited about this kid coming to Duke. So much of what the coach talks about is Semi's work ethic, maturity and team-first attitude. That's a Duke basketball player!

Philadukie
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Interesting that his coach indicates (and confirms) that he's 6'8'' (although the intro says he's 6'6'' but that's probably just cut and paste from his previous stats).

I said this in another thread, but that means he's grown about 2'' in a year or so. He could still be growing.

Ichabod Drain
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Interesting that his coach indicates (and confirms) that he's 6'8'' (although the intro says he's 6'6'' but that's probably just cut and paste from his previous stats).

I said this in another thread, but that means he's grown about 2'' in a year or so. He could still be growing.

Or he's just let that high top grow out some.... too bad the coach did not indicate how many cinder blocks Semi is.

oldnavy
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Or he's just let that high top grow out some.... too bad the coach did not indicate how many cinder blocks Semi is.

The cinderblock measure standard has not caught on in the midwest yet.

Semi sounds like a great kid that will do very well at Duke.

mph
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM

I vaguely remember an old Laker great who was 6'5" but 6'9" with his afro.

BD80
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
The cinderblock measure standard has not caught on in the midwest yet. ...

There has to be an app that converts "corn in July" to "cinder blocks"

OldPhiKap
02-28-2013, 07:56 PM
There has to be an app that converts "corn in July" to "cinder blocks"

"The Combines" has a whole different meaning out there.

Maybe we should see how many hands high players from the region are?

roywhite
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Get 2 The Game - Semi Ojeyele (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVl4lZexh8o)

Another very positive video on Semi, with particular mentions of his very strong family support and overall character.

Oh, yeah...there's a couple moments (around 1:32 on the video for one) of some serious levitation.

Henderson
03-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the links. Great interview and video profile.

If you look at 1:05 in the video roywhite posted, it shows Semi walking next to his brother Victor. Ignoring Semi's hightop, they appear to be the same height to me. And ESPN listed Victor at 6-6 last year when Victor was at K-State.

Still, I trust nothing but cinder blocks.

One other thing: The dude is CUT. His body reminds me of Gene Banks'.

gocanes0506
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Being in Kansas, people are really steamed around here that he didnt go to Kansas or KSU. They have no idea why Webber or Self couldnt keep him in state.