PDA

View Full Version : Seth's brother putting on a show

dukelifer
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Steph has 54 tonight, so far. 11 for 13 from 3 against the Knicks. Trying to win it by himself. The Curry kids can shoot.

Starter
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
It was pretty impressive. Granted, there aren't a lot of point guards the Knicks can guard. But Curry would have done that to almost anyone tonight, the way he was shooting. When his ankle isn't a mess, he's such a joy to watch.

basket1544
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Steph was in a zone. He drove the lane and Euro-stepped his way to a lay-up and the next time down the court pulled up at the elbow and shot it and the next time down hit a three while Felton was trying to defend against a drive. Loved the look on his face when one of his free throws hit the rim before bouncing in the basket. Seth has had the same look before. The Curry men don't like to hit the rim even. Oh and Doris Burke did the announcing and was giving Seth some love in the second quarter and came back from the break and referred to Steph as Seth twice. I bet that doesn't happen that often.

g-money
02-28-2013, 02:25 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Seth will pull a Steph tomorrow night and go for 30+. It's a brother thing.

roywhite
02-28-2013, 06:59 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Seth will pull a Steph tomorrow night and go for 30+. It's a brother thing.

Yeah, that works for me. Seth finally got over the obstacle of playing well at VaTech, where Mom and Dad had been great athletes. And we know they will encourage him to break loose against the Cavaliers.

nocilla
02-28-2013, 08:52 AM

I think Seth can have a big night given UVA's defensive style. They like to pack it in the middle and pressure the ball handler. This can create some open looks from 3. If Seth can get going early, it really softens up the defense. I think this is what happened when they played UNC. Bullock was able to hit several 3s and Joe Harris was trying to match him on the other end. I think this was a big reason for the uptick in pace campared to usual UVA games.

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-28-2013, 10:05 AM
From the other night against the Pacers. I prefer the 2nd clip b/c it makes his defender look silly, like a Muppet.

http://youtu.be/5UoBX_oTBm4

elvis14
02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
From the other night against the Pacers. I prefer the 2nd clip b/c it makes his defender look silly, like a Muppet.

After watching that second clip, ACC officials contacted the NBA and attempted to have Curry charged with an offensive foul (charging was suggested).

Curry was incredible last night, I wish he would have hit one more 3 to tie the record. Have to give credit to the Knicks Tyson Chandler as well. Tyson pulled down 28 rebounds which is incredible considering how may shots Curry took and how few Curry missed!

CDu
02-28-2013, 10:34 AM
I think Seth can have a big night given UVA's defensive style. They like to pack it in the middle and pressure the ball handler. This can create some open looks from 3. If Seth can get going early, it really softens up the defense. I think this is what happened when they played UNC. Bullock was able to hit several 3s and Joe Harris was trying to match him on the other end. I think this was a big reason for the uptick in pace campared to usual UVA games.

Yeah, if Sulaimon, Thornton, and Cook can handle the pressure, we should get LOTS of open 3pt looks. I don't expect this to be a stellar game for Mason, but it may not need to be.

Hopefully our 3pt shots are falling. If they are, we should be in very good shape against UVa.