PDA

View Full Version : We Are ...

burnspbesq
02-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Penn State?

I know it's not April 1, so I assume that ESPN is not kidding when they report that Penn State beat Michigan.

roywhite
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Saw most of the second half. Amazing.

Penn State was down 15, but fought back to win their first conference game of the year.
4th straight road loss for Michigan.

JasonEvans
02-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Penn St was 0-14 in the Big Ten prior to the game. I am sure some basketball geek somewhere can come up with the answer, but I am dying to know the last time a team that was 0-10 or worse in a conference won its first conference game against a team ranked in the Top Five.

I won;t be at all surprised to find out the answer is never.

-Jason "someone who has a Pomeroy subscription, quick go find out what% chance he gave Penn St of winning tonight... I bet it was less than 2%" Evans

sporthenry
02-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Penn St was 0-14 in the Big Ten prior to the game. I am sure some basketball geek somewhere can come up with the answer, but I am dying to know the last time a team that was 0-10 or worse in a conference won its first conference game against a team ranked in the Top Five.

I won;t be at all surprised to find out the answer is never.

-Jason "someone who has a Pomeroy subscription, quick go find out what% chance he gave Penn St of winning tonight... I bet it was less than 2%" Evans

91%. 15 point dogs. As bad as their record may be, they are only 170 in kenpom. Va. Tech is 158. South Florida is 164 and they beat Georgetown and took Uconn to OT. Certainly a crazy game but not that crazier than some other happenings this year.

ChicagoCrazy84
02-27-2013, 11:50 PM
I know parody is great for the game and everything, but Michigan...come on. These losses should not happen. Penn State is awful and its losses like this and Kansas to TCU that just make you throw up your hands and say "I give up."

I know we're talking about 18-21 year old kids, but when will they learn? DO NOT OVERLOOK ANY OPPONENT!

They probably gave up a #1 seed because of this loss. Good for us possibly but still...

rsvman
02-27-2013, 11:53 PM
I know parody is great for the game and everything...

Great typo.

Or misspelling. Or whatever.

sporthenry
02-28-2013, 12:10 AM
I know parody is great for the game and everything, but Michigan...come on. These losses should not happen. Penn State is awful and its losses like this and Kansas to TCU that just make you throw up your hands and say "I give up."

I know we're talking about 18-21 year old kids, but when will they learn? DO NOT OVERLOOK ANY OPPONENT!

They probably gave up a #1 seed because of this loss. Good for us possibly but still...

Well the other team is trying to win as well. I understand your point but this is their NCAA tournament. And as bad as Penn State's numbers are, they haven't been a complete doormat. 9 point loss at Wisky, 9 point loss versus MSU, 9 point loss at Iowa, 2 post loss versus Iowa, 9 point loss at Michigan and 5 point loss at Illinois. They still have Big 10 recruits and when a 31.5% 3 point shooter shoots 60% from 3, you'll get these games where things click.

Of course it is a bad loss for Michigan and they still should have won but it doesn't take much for you to let the other team in a game. But that is the beauty of K and Duke. They always have a target on their back and yet they've only lost a handful of games to these type of opponents.

snowdenscold
02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
[KenPom had] 91%. 15 point dogs.

I know parody (sic) is great for the game and everything, but Michigan...come on. These losses should not happen.

Well, at "only" 91% I guess they should be happening 1 out of every 11 times.

hurleyfor3
02-28-2013, 02:58 PM
...fubar.