PDA

View Full Version : Ind vs. Minn.... UPSET ALERT. Indy goes down.

moonpie23
02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
tubby's boyz up 6 with 2:05 left...

update......up 6 with 1:05 left....

it's tough being #1

dukelifer
02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Should be ball game. Gophers doing their best to give it back.

Billy Dat
02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
That block by Rodney Williams was insane...down goes Indiana!

weezie
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
That was a great ending. Indiana is a real bunch of soreheads when they aren't getting their way. Duke may get beat bad once in a great while but they keep their mouths shut and tough it out.
I am not a big Crean fan, illustrious brothers-in-law or not.

moonpie23
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
i think i saw Creen prepping the kid that almost got the Flagrant called on him.......Creen was in the huddle right before that inbounds and made a motion that seem to be saying "let the guy come across your face" or something......i could be imagining it, but it seemed very coincidental....

CDu
02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
i think i saw Creen prepping the kid that almost got the Flagrant called on him.......Creen was in the huddle right before that inbounds and made a motion that seem to be saying "let the guy come across your face" or something......i could be imagining it, but it seemed very coincidental....

I don't know whether or not he was coaching his players to do it, but it was pretty clear that the IU player knew what he was doing.

It's a smart play given the current rules:
- you get in there and make it look like you caught an elbow
- they have to, by rule, go to the monitor to review
- worst case, you ice the FT shooter
- best case, you get two shots and the ball

They are going to need to implement some penalty for faking, because I could very easily see this becoming a common occurrence (especially if it starts working).

roywhite
02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
That was a great ending. Indiana is a real bunch of soreheads when they aren't getting their way. Duke may get beat bad once in a great while but they keep their mouths shut and tough it out.
I am not a big Crean fan, illustrious brothers-in-law or not.

Crean has his detractors. A number of the Marquette fans didn't care for him at all, thought he was a phony.

He acquired the nickname "Fake Bake" for his fondness of tanning beds.

Channing
02-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I was watching the game at a restaurant so didn't get any sound. Was there no contact with Sheehy and he just started acting or was their incidental contact?

BD80
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
I was watching the game at a restaurant so didn't get any sound. Was there no contact with Sheehy and he just started acting or was their incidental contact?

Didn't look like there was contact. Commentators were nearly raving about how "smart" the ruse was. They also reported that in the previous game with Indiana, Zeller had grabbed an opponents arm to make it seem that the opponent was punching Zeller in the groin, and then tried to sell the flagrant.

Sounds like they were coached by a guy that would marry Roseanne Barr.

Tom B.
02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Didn't look like there was contact. Commentators were nearly raving about how "smart" the ruse was. They also reported that in the previous game with Indiana, Zeller had grabbed an opponents arm to make it seem that the opponent was punching Zeller in the groin, and then tried to sell the flagrant.

Sounds like they were coached by a guy that would marry Roseanne Barr.

Sheehey's attempt to draw a flagrant foul call immediately reminded me of this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hreXJfdJE

dukelifer
02-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Sheehey's attempt to draw a flagrant foul call immediately reminded me of this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hreXJfdJE

Looks like Walker has officially retired and is going into coaching so he can teach the next generation how to better fake getting hit by a pitch.