PDA

View Full Version : ACC football schedule released

jimsumner
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/13accfbteamschedule.pdf

Dev11
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/13accfbteamschedule.pdf

It looks a lot less imposing than last year. The only road non-con game is at Memphis, and not having Florida State and Clemson in there is such a relief. Winnable games in November are there for the taking, and that is our biggest area for improvement big picture.

I hope I can make it to a few of these!

Bob Green
02-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Five of the first six games are at home, followed by two on the road, two at home, two on the road. We have bye weeks before Navy and N.C. State at home.

jimsumner
02-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Five of the first six games are at home, followed by two on the road, two at home, two on the road. We have bye weeks before Navy at home and Virginia Tech on the road.

Cut was very unhappy that Duke's bye week came so late in the last season last year. This is a big improvement.

Dev11
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Cut was very unhappy that Duke's bye week came so late in the last season last year. This is a big improvement.

Yeah, two byes, sounds great!

Bob Green
02-25-2013, 03:39 PM
This is a big improvement.

Two bye weeks will help out with healing the minor bumps and bruises.

jimsumner
02-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Two bye weeks will help out with healing the minor bumps and bruises.

This season starts in August, so everyone has two bye-weeks. One last year. But Duke's was really late in the season and Duke kept playing teams that had already had a week off to rest and recuperate.

Much more equitable this season.

TruBlu
02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Very nice spacing of the byes.

One bye before the Navy game, to give more time for preparation for the option. We will have already seen the option once when playing the crack-back blockers from GT.

The other bye is after the VaTech game to allow some healing after playing the head-hunting/spearing/late-hitting Hokies.

p.s. lol at unc opening the season @ Steve Spurrier

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Very nice spacing of the byes.

One bye before the Navy game, to give more time for preparation for the option. We will have already seen the option once when playing the crack-back blockers from GT.

The other bye is after the VaTech game to allow some healing after playing the head-hunting/spearing/late-hitting Hokies.

p.s. lol at unc opening the season @ Steve Spurrier

I also like seeing VA Tech open against Alabama.

-bdbd
02-25-2013, 05:11 PM
This season starts in August, so everyone has two bye-weeks. One last year. But Duke's was really late in the season and Duke kept playing teams that had already had a week off to rest and recuperate.

Much more equitable this season.

The two byes, especially with both around mid-year (one of them just before playing NCSU immediately following their bruiser with UNC!), is much more important to a team like Duke or Wake than to teams like Clemson and FSU and VPI. They have more depth, so the drop-off between their first and second string isn't as bad, relatively, as is ours. This will help our results quite possibly.

Getting three near-impossible wins off of our slate - Stanford, FSU and Clemson - will also make things much better. For the first time in more than 15 years I actually EXPECT that we will be bowling at the end of this season. Over/under of about 6.5 wins, and none that should be out-of-hand by the start of the 4th quarter. Looking good Duke fans...

P.S. My "out of the blue" prediction: LOTS of neutral fans show up in Raleigh for their last game of the seasn to root on the Woofies. Looking forward to sending Terps off to Iowa/Neb/Wisc./Ill. with VERY fond memories.... :p