PDA

View Full Version : Duke Pride

Bluedawg
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
This is a fun read: Robinson's Plans Include Repeat Of History For Blue Devils (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22672&SPID=1843&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1137707)

There is a lot of family pride in Duke football,” [Tielor] Robinson explained. “We love telling people we’ve played at Duke. I was just three or four when Duke won the ACC in 1989. My uncle Walter was on that team. I honestly don’t remember anything from that season, but I’ve cheated. Since I’ve been here, I’ve gotten out all the tapes from that season and watched them.

That was Duke’s last winning season. Robinson would like to be a part of the team that changes that, but even it doesn’t happen in his senior season this year, he’s confident that success will come before the next generation of his family – freshmen cousins Cameron and Colin Jones (the sons of his uncle, Cedric Jones) finish their time in Durham.

dukemomLA
08-18-2007, 02:42 AM
As a football fan, nothing would please me more than to have a revitalized Duke football program. I'm going into the new season with optimism -- especially because a strong showing will lead to more and more top recruits who are academically ready (and want) the Duke challenge. I was crushed when Duke lost so many close games last year. It should have been a turnaround year....and it wasn't. I truly felt for the players.

A renovation of Wade Stadium is also crucial! Even sitting there for graduation ceremonies was a chore.

All of you in the Durham area -- PLEASE support this team in person, and bring all your friends!

Hopeful fan in L.A.

captmojo
08-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Remember last year. If you had predicted Wake Forest would win the championship, people would not have taken you seriously. Confidently support the Devils. What do you have to lose?

Kick'em in the head.
kick'em in the dirt.
Get up tarhole,
you ain't hurt!

4decadedukie
08-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Remember last year. If you had predicted Wake Forest would win the championship, people would not have taken you seriously. Confidently support the Devils. What do you have to lose?

Kick'em in the head.
kick'em in the dirt.
Get up tarhole,
you ain't hurt!

. . . and, as I recall, Duke came within one kick and a few seconds of defeating Wake.

YmoBeThere
08-18-2007, 06:12 AM
. . . and, as I recall, Duke came within one kick and a few seconds of defeating Wake.

With that as an early season win after the disappointment of losing to Richmond.

BC isn't on our schedule, so the only game I will likely get to see this year is Notre Dame.