PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving takes 3 pt shoot out

FerryFor50
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Tomorrow, he runs for president of the world.

Takes out Matt Bonner.

doctorhook
02-16-2013, 10:08 PM
17/18 and until he went cold lol

OldSchool
02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Kyrie "The Natural" Irving. (take care to steer clear of those psycho ladies, young Roy Hobbs!)

OldSchool
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing no one is gonna be passing him the ball in the All-Star game tomorrow. It would just be too much if he won MVP of that, too!

basket1544
02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Kyrie could have won the skills challenge easy tonight too. He is playing on a level that none of the others were. He shouldn't have had to spend a year out of the NBA, but I'm glad we can call him a former Duke player.

cptnflash
02-17-2013, 01:00 PM
And he's still not even old enough to buy a drink. Unbelievable.

DevilWearsPrada
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
And he's still not even old enough to buy a drink. Unbelievable.

ROFL!!!! Legally, speaking!!!!! CHEERS to Kyrie!!! \~/ a SHOT or martini of your favorite ABS (Adult Beverage Spirits)!

Kyrie was just awesome!!!! What an amazing young man with a great gift and a tremondous skill set for basketball!!! Love that he is a former Dukie!! and continuing his studies at Duke University, also!!!

flyingdutchdevil
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Kyrie is about to become the third most coveted player in the NBA after he PGs a team with talent (given, it's a lot of talent). The passing, shooting, dribbling - I'm forecasting that LBJ breaks down laughing during the game after Kyrie destroys Paul on one play, leading to a Durant fast break with LBJ still on the floor giggling. And then LBJ stores 32 points off 68% shooting. And Kyrie assists on 28 of those points.

You read it here first...

Papa John
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Kyrie is about to become the third most coveted player in the NBA after he PGs a team with talent (given, it's a lot of talent). The passing, shooting, dribbling - I'm forecasting that LBJ breaks down laughing during the game after Kyrie destroys Paul on one play, leading to a Durant fast break with LBJ still on the floor giggling. And then LBJ stores 32 points off 68% shooting. And Kyrie assists on 28 of those points.

You read it here first...

If, as some have speculated, LeBron heads back to Cleveland in 2014 when he becomes a free agent again?

I'm sure Kyrie would be pretty pleased...

Frobisher
02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
If, as some have speculated, LeBron heads back to Cleveland in 2014 when he becomes a free agent again?

I'm sure Kyrie would be pretty pleased...

Did anyone notice that the Cavs had the most players in the Rising Stars game?
And with an early lottery pick (Bennett, Shabazz, Noel) coming, another late first round pick and an early second round pick (which, who knows, could be packaged for more talent, an earlier pick, even), a roster that is mostly already comprised of players under 25...

They could start to contend sooner than later if the pieces fall into place and develop...but even more importantly, look inviting enough for Lebron to consider rejoining them. (Animosity aside, Cleveland would welcome him back in a flash)

Imagine:
Kyrie
Waiters
Shabazz
Lebron
Zeller (lose Varejao's contract..grab Kadji in round 2 this year maybe...better yet...Kelly -after his draft stock rises when we wins the NCAA tourney MVP)
6th man: Tristan Thompson

That lineup would compete.

hurleyfor3
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Tomorrow, he runs for president of the world.

Takes out Matt Bonner.

Still gets primaried by Shane Battier.

devildeac
02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
For your reading pleasure about Kyrie:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/All-Star-Game-Chris-Paul-Kyrie-Irving-point-guards-shape-NBA-future-021713

I like this section from the article:

"Irving might have gotten a lesson from Paul in the fourth quarter on how to take command of the moment, but he also, all weekend, gave some life to the idea percolating around the league that he has the talent and ceiling to be better even than CP3 — and sooner rather than later.

“It’s not if Kyrie will be better,” an Eastern Conference general manager told me. “It’s when.”

Am I happy he played 11 games in a Duke unis or sad? I still can't decide. I'm with Jim Sumner-I want a do-over of his one year with us. Incredible talent/person.

roywhite
02-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Great to see Kyrie have such success in the NBA. As well as pride about his Duke connection, he is just plain fun to watch.

Heard a comment on the All-Star game telecast, believe it was from Steve Kerr, that Kyrie had the best ball-handling and shooting skills of any guard in the league. Seems to me that Chris Paul is a better passer at this point, and has more experience, and a healthy Derrick Rose does some things that Kyrie doesn't currently do. But still.....wow

Perhaps Kyrie reaches a point where he becomes the current best NBA player out of the ACC?
Yet never played a single ACC regular season or tournament game. :(

mo.st.dukie
02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Great to see Kyrie have such success in the NBA. As well as pride about his Duke connection, he is just plain fun to watch.

Heard a comment on the All-Star game telecast, believe it was from Steve Kerr, that Kyrie had the best ball-handling and shooting skills of any guard in the league. Seems to me that Chris Paul is a better passer at this point, and has more experience, and a healthy Derrick Rose does some things that Kyrie doesn't currently do. But still.....wow

Paul is probably a better defender too. Kyrie needs to continue to get stronger, improve his passing and defense, and like all players continue to improve the intangibles like leadership and basketball IQ (not that he has a low bball IQ just that you can never stop learning about the game). That's the scary thing about Kyrie, he's already an All-Star and already becoming a household name yet still has so much room for improvement.

sagegrouse
02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Paul is probably a better defender too. Kyrie needs to continue to get stronger, improve his passing and defense, and like all players continue to improve the intangibles like leadership and basketball IQ (not that he has a low bball IQ just that you can never stop learning about the game). That's the scary thing about Kyrie, he's already an All-Star and already becoming a household name yet still has so much room for improvement.

I also think Kyrie needs to develop a low uppercut to the nether regions. Chris Paul has the best.

sage

Phoenix22
02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
From ESPN's All Star Grades:

"Kyrie wins the weekend. He didn't have a standout performance like he did in the Rising Stars Challenge or 3-point shootout, but he made it known that he's a star in the NBA."

g-money
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM

I thought this post was spot on. Kyrie's scoring skills (shooting, driving, ballhandling) are probably in the top 10 in the NBA right now, perhaps even top 5 - and he's not even 21.

At the same time, his passing and certainly his defense need to improve. (Let's be honest - there are times when Kyrie's defense is reminiscent of kids playing late night pick-up ball.) But these things will come with time and experience. Too bad Coach K didn't have more time with Kyrie - I bet his defense would be a bit further along.

In any case, he's a pleasure to watch, and we were truly lucky to have him suit up in a Duke uniform for those 11 games.

Keep it up young man!!!

superdave
02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
The biggest compliment Kyrie was given all weekend was Spoelstra playing him big minutes in the 4th quarter of a close game. Kyrie belonged and everyone on the court knew it.

Great weekend for the kid. I love his big smile, and his great handles.