PDA

View Full Version : Clips sign Diaz???

JBDuke
08-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Per this article (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23175)on the DBR front page, the Clippers have signed Miami's Guillermo Diaz. Will somebody please enlighten me about why Diaz is better than Ewing? Ewing was better in college, had a couple of years with the Clippers to learn the system and his teammates, and I'm betting Daniel would have rather signed for a minimum contract with them vs. going overseas. Diaz hasn't done anything particularly spectacular since the Clips drafted him in the second round in 2006. His performance in the summer league was just okay.

Maybe it's just my Duke blue glasses, and certainly Daniel hadn't done anything to make the Clippers keep him. But if they decided they needed a smallish combo guard, why would they take Diaz over Ewing?

Indoor66
08-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Per this article (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=23175)on the DBR front page, the Clippers have signed Miami's Guillermo Diaz. Will somebody please enlighten me about why Diaz is better than Ewing? Ewing was better in college, had a couple of years with the Clippers to learn the system and his teammates, and I'm betting Daniel would have rather signed for a minimum contract with them vs. going overseas. Diaz hasn't done anything particularly spectacular since the Clips drafted him in the second round in 2006. His performance in the summer league was just okay.

Maybe it's just my Duke blue glasses, and certainly Daniel hadn't done anything to make the Clippers keep him. But if they decided they needed a smallish combo guard, why would they take Diaz over Ewing?

I agree. Other than a 900' vertical and no effort at shot selection, what does Diaz bring?

dukemomLA
08-18-2007, 02:52 AM
I don't the Clips would have let Ewing go if they knew EB would suffer such an injury. As Duke fans, I think we have to keep that in mind.

Even without EB's problems, I still think it was a mistake to cut Daniel. He really had the potential to help this team -- and showed sparks of that last year. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Clipsfan
08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't the Clips would have let Ewing go if they knew EB would suffer such an injury. As Duke fans, I think we have to keep that in mind.

Even without EB's problems, I still think it was a mistake to cut Daniel. He really had the potential to help this team -- and showed sparks of that last year. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I don't think that Ewing would have been kept even if Brand had been hurt earlier, as he does little to address the huge void created by Brand's injury.

Karl Beem
08-18-2007, 02:35 PM
More "upside" (jumps higher/more tats).