PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend in the (Non-ACC) Top 25

Bob Green
02-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Upsets in the Top 25 have been more the rule than the exception in this topsy turvey basketball season so it was suggested to me to revive the "This Week in the Top 25" thread, which I've posted in seasons past. I am not including any ACC games as those are already being discussed in the ACC thread.

Today is pretty calm, on paper, with only one match-up between two Top 25 teams:

#16 Pittsburgh is at #18 Marquette

However, there are several other games worth keeping an eye on:

#25 Kentucky is at Tennessee in their first game without Nerlens Noel.

Other Top 25 teams who are on the road against opponents with winning records include:

#6 Syracuse is at Seton Hall
#21 Notre Dame is at Providence
#24 Colorado State is at Air Force

Top 25 teams at home against teams with winning records include:

Baylor is at #10 Kansas State
Oklahoma is at #17 Oklahoma State
Boise State is at #19 New Mexico

I'm reasonably confident we will see an upset or two in the Top 25 today. Turning to Sunday:

#13 Ohio State is at #20 Wisconsin.

-jk
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm most curious about Ohio State and Kentucky. Really interested in seeing if Calipari can figure a way around Noel.

Oh, and I'd like to see 'cuse lose again. Don't want more competition for a top seed.

-jk

TruBlu
02-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm most curious about Ohio State and Kentucky. Really interested in seeing if Calipari can figure a way around Noel.

Oh, and I'd like to see 'cuse lose again. Don't want more competition for a top seed.

-jk

Agree. Also don't want Jim adding to his win total. Coach K has a lead, but with Syracuse cupcake pre-conference schedule every year, he is too close.

loran16
02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
50-26 at half I don't think calipari has figured out what to do without Noel

ChillinDuke
02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Upsets in the Top 25 have been more the rule than the exception in this topsy turvey basketball season so it was suggested to me to revive the "This Week in the Top 25" thread, which I've posted in seasons past. I am not including any ACC games as those are already being discussed in the ACC thread.

Today is pretty calm, on paper, with only one match-up between two Top 25 teams:

#16 Pittsburgh is at #18 Marquette

However, there are several other games worth keeping an eye on:

#25 Kentucky is at Tennessee in their first game without Nerlens Noel.

Other Top 25 teams who are on the road against opponents with winning records include:

#6 Syracuse is at Seton Hall
#21 Notre Dame is at Providence
#24 Colorado State is at Air Force

Top 25 teams at home against teams with winning records include:

Baylor is at #10 Kansas State
Oklahoma is at #17 Oklahoma State
Boise State is at #19 New Mexico

I'm reasonably confident we will see an upset or two in the Top 25 today. Turning to Sunday:

#13 Ohio State is at #20 Wisconsin.

First game of the day and ND already got smacked by Providence 71 - 54. Outscored in both halves.

Gotta hand it to ya, Bob. You already called it.

- Chillin

PS - As Loran said above, UK is getting smacked too: 52 - 29 in the 2nd half.

Bob Green
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Today is pretty calm, on paper,...

Providence beats #21 Notre Dame, #18 Marquette beats #16 Pittsburgh, Tennessee destroys Kentucky by 30, Oklahoma State needs overtime to escape Oklahoma, maybe not such a calm day after all.

Sgt. Dingleberry
02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Penn State and Michigan are tied at the half in Ann Arbor 32-32. This is the same Penn State team that is 0-12 in the Big 17 or whatever it is called these days...

-jk
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Well, Michigan pulled it out, but OSU is being blown out of the water! Down 22 with 5 to go.

-jk

Bob Green
02-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Wisconsin looked really good in their 71-49 dismantling of Ohio State. They are patient, protect the basketball with crisp passing and knock down perimeter jumpers.