PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason to beat the Heels

Atldukie79
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
I always want to beat the Heels...how could I not?

After all, it is in my DNA...my Mom went to Duke, I went to Duke, I met my wife at Duke...heck, I was even born at Duke (Hospital).
Imagine my delight when one of my sons also graduated from Duke in 2010.

I recall watching Duke fall to Hans- blah- blah and the heels on TV in 2009 when the camera focused on my son at the end of the game displaying his emotions of disbelief for several seconds...I told him it was an iconic picture.

Well, flash forward to last week when a friend of his wife saw a tee-shirt at the Dean Dome and took a picture.

The Tee Shirt said:
"Four Years of Domination"
With the same image of my Cameron Crazy son holding his head in disbelief...

Arrghhhh!

I believe the only way to exact revenge, is to beat them 2 (or more) times this year...and somehow get that Tee-shirt and burn it in some sort of ceremony...any ideas?

moonpie23
02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
let's beat em first.......then we can talk.....i'm in..

theschwartz
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Used my Googling skills and found this. I don't suppose this is the picture you were referring to? He looks almost as dejected as Tar Heel fans are going to look and feel tonight.

OldPhiKap
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Used my Googling skills and found this. I don't suppose this is the picture you were referring to? He looks almost as dejected as Tar Heel fans are going to look and feel tonight.

Atldukie79
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM

That would indeed be the iconic picture.

Dev11
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
According to many Twitter reports, some jokers have heisted the spare Devil mascot head and it's now perched on a stick on UNC's campus. Would an enterprising Duke fan in the Triangle care to go retrieve it?

grad_devil
02-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure about the date this photo was taken, but, unfortunately, it looks legit to me.

Rescue the Blue Devil!

DukieInKansas
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure about the date this photo was taken, but, unfortunately, it looks legit to me.

Rescue the Blue Devil!

And die the ram a nice shade of Pantone 287 at the same time, please!

Philsfan
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
The UNC students will be forced to bow to it upon Duke's domination tonight!

davekay1971
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
And die the ram a nice shade of Pantone 287 at the same time, please!

Don't worry about the ram, folks. Those enterprising wuffies have taken care of that one for us...

http://albc-usa.blogspot.com/2009/09/tar-heels-dying-breed.html

Between parking-gate, AFAM-gate, tutor-gate, and the extinction-o-the-ram, the wuffies are really taking it to the Heels these days...

As for the Devil head, I have to give credit where credit is due...that's pretty good. Hats off to the Heels on that one.

Now we just need to destroy them tonight and hit them where it really hurts.

uh_no
02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
so apparently some chapel holester stole the blue devil head and hung it on UNC's campus.....

as impressive as that is, I'm still not sure it measures up to hanging a rather large size size baby blue colored "hill" jersey in cameron :)

either way, the head was returned by police and will be ready for game time

9f9f9f

OldSchool
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
the head was returned by police and will be ready for game time

Might be wise to take it to the dry cleaners first. Jus' sayin'.

uh_no
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Might be wise to take it to the dry cleaners first. Jus' sayin'.

i'm game for busting out the old mascot!

PDDuke85
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
so apparently some chapel holester stole the blue devil head and hung it on UNC's campus.....

as impressive as that is, I'm still not sure it measures up to hanging a rather large size size baby blue colored "hill" jersey in cameron :)

either way, the head was returned by police and will be ready for game time

9f9f9f

After 45 min at UNC, the Duke head was awarded a Bachelors of African American Studies, Magna Cum Laude

BigWayne
02-13-2013, 09:13 PM
http://www.dailytarheel.com/blog/pit_talk/2013/02/unc-gets-head-from-duke

Atldukie79
02-14-2013, 12:47 AM
After 45 min at UNC, the Duke head was awarded a Bachelors of African American Studies, Magna Cum Laude

That is the best line of the day!