PDA

View Full Version : A Call to the Crazies

UrinalCake
02-13-2013, 09:05 AM
To all the current Crazies - this is your day to shine! I don't think an opponent has ever given us more material to work with than this year's Tar Heels, from the academic scandal to the thing with Hansbrough's mom to just plain being awful. Let's keep it clean and keep it positive. Time to show the world why Cameron is the toughest place in the country to play, and to show recruits why it would be the best. If Roy calls a timeout to silence the crowd, the Crazies need to come back and cheer even louder! (What am I saying, Roy doesn't call timeouts...). Game on!!!

Mike Corey
02-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Hear hear! Give them hell for all to hear!

Cheer cheer! Make them quiver in their shoes with fear!

"Go to class, C*rolina, go to class!"

weezie
02-13-2013, 10:01 AM
"Go to class, C*rolina, go to class!"

Me likey!

(Please lose that "you let the whole team down one" though. It's a complete bust.)

Lunchab1es
02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
(Please lose that "you let the whole team down one" though. It's a complete bust.)

Erroneous on all counts. That cheer is excellent.

Also, the Crazies need to sing "Happy Birthday" to Coach K.

Native
02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Also, the Crazies need to sing "Happy Birthday" to Coach K.

We're on it.

I put this on the Crazies' FB group page, so, yes, we are actually reading this.

dukebsbll14
02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Tent 1 is ready. We will be loud and we will win. GTHC

scottdude8
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
My message to all my friends still at Duke for the game tonight (damn this whole graduating thing):

Dear Crazies,
Remember to be loud tonight. Louder than you've ever been. Remember that you slept out in a tent for weeks for this reason. Remember that this is a once in a lifetime experience you're lucky enough to get four times. And finally, remember that there are 100s of your alumni friends who would do ANYTHING to be in your tiny, squashed up piece of bleacher tonight in Cameron. So don't take it for granted.
GTHC GTH!

throatybeard
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Remember that this is a once in a lifetime experience you're lucky enough to get four times.

:confused::confused::confused:

scottdude8
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Oh don't kill me on semantics, you know exactly what I mean... Haha

Greg_Newton
02-14-2013, 12:40 AM
It was loud as hell tonight during he 31-38 to 52-47 run, multiple chills moments. Awesome stuff and a one of those nights in which I thought the crowd really helped the team push through an ugly game.

But guys... why in the world would you only use the "STAND UP!" chant during 1) A timeout after a bad turnover, then 2) while Seth Curry is shooting free throws? I like the chant in general (I always feel like I'm just blocking everyone's view when I'm the only one standing), but save it for when we need a big defensive stop or something, geez! :p

toughbuff1
03-01-2013, 11:29 AM
If one of the Crazies doesn't show up to the Miami game as a "horsetronaut" wearing a Battier jersey, I am going to be utterly disappointed.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/03/the_miami_heat_make_a_harlem_s.php

-bdbd
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
If one of the Crazies doesn't show up to the Miami game as a "horsetronaut" wearing a Battier jersey, I am going to be utterly disappointed.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/03/the_miami_heat_make_a_harlem_s.php

Funny stuff.:p

weezie
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
How about a "Harlem Shuffle" Duke style?

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
How about a "Harlem Shuffle" Duke style?
Harlem Shake. That would be awesome. But it's been done a lot and needs to be good. The twerps did one when we played them two weeks ago. I don't have the heart to link to it.

weezie
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Oy! I am so not cool if I came up with that after the twerps.....

newBlue23
03-01-2013, 05:44 PM
FYI We already did one before the UNC game. So don't worry, we did it before Maryland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEydsMHCb_g

MCFinARL
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Awesome idea! I note Battier does a pretty fair moonwalk.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
FYI We already did one before the UNC game. So don't worry, we did it before Maryland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEydsMHCb_g
Awesome!

Olympic Fan
03-02-2013, 01:28 AM
I probably don't have to mention this, but if any Crazies are checking this thread, I can't emphasize too much -- when Duke wins, whether it's a rout or a thriller, DO NOT RUSH THE FLOOR.

I know that you guys (and gals) have been good about this -- despite the Dick Vitale -induced confusion at the end of the UNC game -- but after Thursday night's post-game, can you imagine how Duk and K would be skewered if the Crazies rushed the floor?

Maybe a chant in the final seconds "We don't rush the floor ... we don't rush the floor!" I don't know ... maybe something a lot more clever than that.

captmojo
03-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Maybe a chant in the final seconds "We don't rush the floor ... we don't rush the floor!" I don't know ... maybe something a lot more clever than that.
Outstanding...and necessary.

miramar
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Tent 1 is ready. We will be loud and we will win. GTHC

I know that the team and the crazies will not let us down.

weezie
03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, well done Crazies! My ears are still ringing a bit. Good old, sweaty, booming Cameron.

Even we Crusties didn't need to be told to stand up. K was very pleased with all of us!
Has anyone commented on the new t-shirts?
"Coach K is the Krzyt!"

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, well done Crazies! My ears are still ringing a bit. Good old, sweaty, booming Cameron.

Even we Crusties didn't need to be told to stand up. K was very pleased with all of us!
"Coach K is the Krzyt!"

We certainly were treated to a special night! When the magic is there, everyone's in the moment. The magic last night connected in my memory with some other magic nights over the years. ... magic in the performance, each with a different back story, but magic in the performance..... Artie, Gene, Freddy and others. As fans, I think it's important that we remain aware that such magic is rare, a quality to be savored.

throatybeard
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
"Coach K is the Krzyt!"

Wow. Howcome no one had ever thought of that before in the last 33 years?

captmojo
03-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Wow. Howcome no one had ever thought of that before in the last 33 years?

I...I...blame thee, Mister language expert dude!

I keed, I keed.

weezie
03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
One other thing, "Club Cameron", I LIKE IT!!!!
Think we can all get that one ripping!

WiJoe
03-03-2013, 07:16 PM

"Coach K is the Krzyt!"

Whoa, whoa whoa.

Need picture of shirt. THEN NEED A SHIRT!!!!!!!!

C'mon, let's see it. Then a place to buy one or person to buy one from.

DukeHLM'13
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm working on a more limited scale than a lot of people on here, but I think that last night was the best game from the Crazies that I have been in Cameron for.

Sure there were louder moments in the comebacks against UNC and NC State from the last few years, but as far as 2 solid hours of noise and passion from the fans, I can't think of one that tops it during my time in Cameron. And I'm not saying that the loudness from last night didn't push those comebacks either. Just a hell of a game from all the fans, both upstairs and down (and from the guys on the court too)!

TruBlu
03-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm working on a more limited scale than a lot of people on here, but I think that last night was the best game from the Crazies that I have been in Cameron for.

Sure there were louder moments in the comebacks against UNC and NC State from the last few years, but as far as 2 solid hours of noise and passion from the fans, I can't think of one that tops it during my time in Cameron. And I'm not saying that the loudness from last night didn't push those comebacks either. Just a hell of a game from all the fans, both upstairs and down (and from the guys on the court too)!

It was indeed a great atmosphere

This game was the most intense one I have seen in person since a certain Tournament game in Indianapolis against Butler a few years ago:
Neither team was able to pull away from the other (except for a too brief 10 point lead in the final minutes).
The final "waiting to exhale" as a three pointer (or two) clanked off the rim.

Granted, the prize was not the same, but it was great fun. Thank you Ryan!