PDA

View Full Version : Kadji injury

DBFAN
02-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Just saw a tweet that the Miami Herald is reporting that Miami's Kadji has injured his shoulder. Coach said they will know more tomorrow. Tough Break

Cameron
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
As a fan of the ACC and of people in general, I sure hope the kid is ok.

For Miami, losing Kadji for any extended period of time would be devastating. Like Ryan Kelly for Duke, the 6-11 forward-center combo Kadji is the cog that makes that offense so balanced and flow. I thought Ryan Kelly was the most versatile big in the country, until I saw Kenny Kadji this year. He is a freak. That 27-foot three to start the game against Carolina was just sick. He's almost seven feet. Kadji has scored in double figures in each of the Hurricanes' 11 consecutive wins, averaging more than 16 per.

Hope he's ok. I want Miami in top form when they travel to Durham.

DBFAN
02-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Just reminds me if how fickle this game can be. Sometimes it can seem so unkind

tommy
02-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Coach Larranaga used the word "tweak" to describe Kadji's injury. That suggests he may think it is minor. Let's hope so.

devilirium
02-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Sounds like he'll be OK. Durand Scott, Reggie Johnson, and Kenny K will still be eligible for 401 K's....

DBFAN
02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Sounds like he'll be OK. Durand Scott, Reggie Johnson, and Kenny K will still be eligible for 401 K's....

That's just funny

Mabdul Doobakus
02-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Sure hope he's OK. Definitely an essential piece if Miami is to be treated as a legitimate national title contender. Not that that is really up for argument at this point. But losing Kadji would be very difficult to overcome. He is a huge glue guy in that offense, and his versatility makes him extremely difficult to match up with.

Also a great example of how staying four years in college (or in his case, five) can really improve your game. I can't imagine why this guy wouldn't be at least a late first round pick in the NBA draft.

Bob Green
02-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Here is wishing Kenny a quick return to health. He is a key part of Miami's success. Injuries suck so I hope this one is minor.

moonpie23
02-12-2013, 08:30 AM
yeah.....I want kenny healthy and miami at full strength.....

regardless of how the durham game goes, they are gonna do some damage at the dance.....

wilko
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't recall seeing an overabundance of love come our way when Seth was injured or RK and JH.
Most other fans just looked at it as a way to get some measure of payback.

On a human level, I have no ill will or malice for KK and wish him well.

But if there is an advantage to be had for us due to his misfortune, I have no problem stating it and taking it.
Sorry.

Bob Green
02-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't recall seeing an overabundance of love come our way when Seth was injured or RK and JH.

But if there is an advantage to be had for us due to his misfortune, I have no problem stating it and taking it.
Sorry.

I'm not a religious man, but that whole Golden Rule thing has its merits.

rthomas
02-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Sorry.

While you might "think" this - never say it out loud. Don't upset the Basketball Gods.

Cameron
02-12-2013, 09:14 AM

This is in no way a reference to Wilko (because I know he wasn't being malicious and I completely get what he's saying about how nobody seems to care that we've struggled through numerous, season-destroying injuries over the past several seasons; they just look at it as, tough luck, Duke), but, unfortunately, the Golden Rule is not one that many subscribe to. It's amazing the lack of respect that people have for one another. For instance, just this morning, on my way into work, I witnessed a car full of grown men (probably college-aged students) purposefully drive a car through street water to splash a woman on the sidewalk.

It is the world we live in. You better believe that parties were privately thrown in living rooms all up and down the coast when Ryan Kelly went down.

Bob Green
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
...but, unfortunately, the Golden Rule is not one that many subscribe to...

You will receive no argument from me.

wilko
02-12-2013, 09:58 AM
While you might "think" this - never say it out loud. Don't upset the Basketball Gods.

You are prolly right. I would have been better served to remain quiet.
Chalk it up to my having a Frank Underwood moment.

Whatever is wrong with Kenny seems minor. I'm sure he'll be good to go for the Duke game.
Seemingly everyone is restored just before tip when we take the court.

Dev11
02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
What wouldn't Maryland fans do?

Get well soon, Kenny.

oldnavy
02-12-2013, 10:06 AM

I don't like the term "religious", but I guess that is how someone else would define me. My daddy told me a long time ago that "religion has ruined a lot of good men".... I can see that.

So, I do not wish anyone any pain or injury, and when pain or injury does come I pray that it will be short lived and that some good will come of it as I do with any bad circumstance.

Having said that...

I gave up on "caring" about the ACC a long time ago. I don't wish other ACC members any bad will, but neither do I really pull for them to do well either. (I do pull for UNC to lose, but not sure that counts since we are taught to hate evil :confused:)???

I am more apathetic these days with regards to our ACC bretheren. I used to feel quite different. But the conference isn't what it used to be in a lot of ways. I have teams that I like to see do well (Wake, NCSU), but I will not pull for a VT or Miami when they play an OOC school just because we share a revenue stream... (this week).

77devil
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
What wouldn't Maryland fans do?

Get well soon, Kenny.

Riot, of course.

Li_Duke
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Sure hope he's OK. Definitely an essential piece if Miami is to be treated as a legitimate national title contender. Not that that is really up for argument at this point. But losing Kadji would be very difficult to overcome. He is a huge glue guy in that offense, and his versatility makes him extremely difficult to match up with.

Also a great example of how staying four years in college (or in his case, five) can really improve your game. I can't imagine why this guy wouldn't be at least a late first round pick in the NBA draft.

I think being 25 at the time of the draft will hurt his draft stock quite a bit. In comparison, Seth will only be 22.

JasonEvans
02-12-2013, 10:31 AM

He who has the gold, makes the rules. Is that the one you were talking about ;)

-JE

-bdbd
02-12-2013, 10:57 AM

Sorry.

That echoes my thoughts -- While I might THINK many un-golden thoughts, it is another thing to say them out loud (or on-line). Those Gods, they can be fickle...

mr. synellinden
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
This is in no way a reference to Wilko (because I know he wasn't being malicious and I completely get what he's saying about how nobody seems to care that we've struggled through numerous, season-destroying injuries over the past several seasons; they just look at it as, tough luck, Duke), but, unfortunately, the Golden Rule is not one that many subscribe to. It's amazing the lack of respect that people have for one another. For instance, just this morning, on my way into work, I witnessed a car full of grown men (probably college-aged students) purposefully drive a car through street water to splash a woman on the sidewalk.

It is the world we live in. You better believe that parties were privately thrown in living rooms all up and down the coast when Ryan Kelly went down.

You will receive no argument from me.

There is a novel about that very idea - the Golden Rule and the fact that few abide by it: One Last Thing to Do Before I Die (http://www.amazon.com/One-Last-Thing-Before-Die/dp/0557198283/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360684525&sr=8-1&keywords=One+last+thing+to+do+before+i+die)

Yes, I wrote it.

UrinalCake
02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm with Wilko on this one. First off, whether or not I WANT for kadji to be able to play has absolutely no bearing on what will happen. I'm not his trainer or even one of his opponents, I'm just a fan who watches and reads about games. It's not like I'm getting to choose whether or not he's hurt. So is it really all that awful for me to say I'll be happy if he can't play? Secondly, saying that I want physical harm to happen to someone is not the same as saying I hope we win more game than them. So I don't have a problem saying that if he misses some games and that allows us to catch Miami in th standings, I won't feel at all sad or guilty. Again it's nothing personal, it's just that as a fan I can separate myself from the opposing players themselves and root for my own team's success.

cato
02-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Which makes it more important to determine your own moral code, and then stick to it, regardless of the actions of others.

oldnavy
02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm with Wilko on this one. First off, whether or not I WANT for kadji to be able to play has absolutely no bearing on what will happen. I'm not his trainer or even one of his opponents, I'm just a fan who watches and reads about games. It's not like I'm getting to choose whether or not he's hurt. So is it really all that awful for me to say I'll be happy if he can't play? Secondly, saying that I want physical harm to happen to someone is not the same as saying I hope we win more game than them. So I don't have a problem saying that if he misses some games and that allows us to catch Miami in th standings, I won't feel at all sad or guilty. Again it's nothing personal, it's just that as a fan I can separate myself from the opposing players themselves and root for my own team's success.

I think I get what you mean.

It's not like you are taking pleasure in the fact that he is injured. However, you will not feel bad about taking advantage of the circumstances either? Right?

I do not think that is a moral deliema at all.

I hope that I will never wish an injury on a player or take pleasure in seeing someone hurt or hurting (to me that is mean spirited and wrong), but I also will not feel bad if we win a game because of an opponents injury.

When we beat UNC when Ty Lawson was out I was happy, happy, happy!!! I was not happy that Ty was hurt, but I was happy that we won!

Two completly different things IMO.

JasonEvans
02-12-2013, 01:05 PM
The word is that Kadji is expected to play (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/report-miamis-kenny-kadji-expected-to-play-wednesday/) on Wednesday. He just tweeted the following:

“@kadji35: Can't wait for practice this afternoon. Tomorow is a big rivalry game. #BeatFSU”

This appears to be much ado about nothing.

-Jason "nice to see almost all the Duke fans rooting for Kenny to not be badly hurt -- say something about this fan base and out class" Evans

DBFAN
02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm not so sure it's not a big deal. I just find it hard believe that the Miami Herald woulda covered it to begin with if it wasn't. Remember that this time if the year you don't give the NCAA selection committee any reason to doubt you. He may be able to play but to play well is a different story. And for someone like Kadji who spreads the D because of his shooting ability a "tweak" in the shoulder can be very disturbing. I guess we will se against FSU I imagine they will play him like he can still shoot, but if he is missing they will Collapse the D trying to close off the lane for Larkin. I guess only time will tell

Indoor66
02-12-2013, 08:09 PM

I agree. I find, in most instances, I get what I give. This seems rather universal.