PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Wisconsin 65, (3) Michigan 62 (OT)

Indoor66
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
65-62 in overtime

sporthenry
02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Crazy game. Crazy year.

Wisky hits a half court shot to send it into OT after Hardaway Jr. hit a 23' 3 pointer to take the lead. All with both teams having fouls to give. McGary misses a breakaway lay up during OT. And apparently Hardaway fouled out but wasn't forced to leave the court (although ESPN could have just had their count wrong).

Watched the ending to this game and the Temple/Dayton game. Some ugly basketball being played this year.

davekay1971
02-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Wisky hits a half court shot to send it into OT after Hardaway Jr. hit a 23' 3 pointer to take the lead. All with both teams having fouls to give. McGary misses a breakaway lay up during OT. And apparently Hardaway fouled out but wasn't forced to leave the court (although ESPN could have just had their count wrong). .

Maybe McGary should have stuck with rebounding and setting screens.

loran16
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
So ummmmm how did UVA win in Madison this year? I'm so confused.

sporthenry
02-09-2013, 02:12 PM
So ummmmm how did UVA win in Madison this year? I'm so confused.

The same way it took Wisconsin double OT to beat Iowa at home. And this is the same UVA team who beat UNC and NC State. Granted they often look terrible on the road but I'm sure the fact Wisconsin plays a similar pace helped UVA in that game.

And this is one of the criticisms of the Kenpom systems for rewarding these slow playing teams. Sure, they can beat anyone and stay in games against superior competition but that also leaves inferior competition in the game as well. This is why Wisconsin is a hassle to play in the NCAAT and why they often blow up people's brackets.

cptnflash
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Maybe McGary should have stuck with rebounding and setting screens.

Guys, lay off McGary. I've seen a bunch of similar posts this season and it's really gotten old. You sound like kids that got 20 toys for Christmas and still get mad because they didn't get 21. McGary is a great kid and a great player. It's too bad we didn't land him, but I love his game and will continue to root for him to do well, unless and until we meet Michigan in late March or early April (which I really hope happens, because that would be a whale of a ballgame).

jipops
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Guys, lay off McGary. I've seen a bunch of similar posts this season and it's really gotten old. You sound like kids that got 20 toys for Christmas and still get mad because they didn't get 21. McGary is a great kid and a great player. It's too bad we didn't land him, but I love his game and will continue to root for him to do well, unless and until we meet Michigan in late March or early April (which I really hope happens, because that would be a whale of a ballgame).

I think it has been more an attack on the myth than the kid himself.

BD80
02-09-2013, 07:34 PM
I think it has been more an attack on the myth than the kid himself.

So the criticism is mythplaced?

weezie
02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I would spank-spork you BD80 but you would probably like it.

sporthenry
02-09-2013, 07:44 PM

I don't see too much wrong with it. When you have a kid who says that, do you expect people to just forget about it? Not only was he wrong but he might have perpetuated this among other recruits which might hurt Duke down the road. And to have these comments before their big men became NPOY caliber just adds more fuel to the fire.

Now I don't really care much and I only mentioned it b/c it probably cost them the game but I'm not rooting for him in any capacity. I don't really care about former Duke recruits and if anything, he gets pegged down a notch for those comments. But it isn't like I'm rooting for Boynton b/c he almost came to Duke and he at least didn't fan the flames before turning Duke down.

davekay1971
02-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I think that was my first ever McGary post and, yes, it was an attack on the myth, not the kid, who's recruitment I didn't follow closely and who I've only watched play twice.