PDA

View Full Version : Mason's secret weapon

JasonEvans
02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I happened to be perusing the N&O's pictures from the NCSt game and made a discovery. The reason Mason is having such a great season...

HE IS WEARING HOVER-SHOES!
http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2013/02/08/02/22/kMJj5.AuSt.156.jpeg

Here is another picture showing the powers of these special hover-shoes. Sources tell me they allow Mason to hover 3-6 inches off the ground at all times, making it easier for him to grab rebounds, elevate over opponents when he shoots, and especially block shots.
http://t.co/79ffV3iZ

Obviously, removing shoes that are causing you to float in the air is not easy, which is why Mason has to have teammates hold him down when the game is over. Here is a shot of Quin doing just that at the end of the State game. Once he has pulled Mason back to Earth, the shoes can be switched off and safely returned to the Duke lab from whence they came.
http://t.co/vr5mAHRn

-Jason "the lab responsible for these shoes is also working on a basketball that will propel Josh Hairston's jump shot an extra 4 inches, to prevent it from hitting the front rim" Evans

TruBlu
02-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Some people accomplish the same thing by sniffing glue. But their hand-eye coordination suffers, as does their reasoning ability. (Looking at you, "How's your grandma" conspiracy theorists.)

SupaDave
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Classic. This also shows how hard it is to catch him standing still. That's a great thing.

Native
02-09-2013, 06:06 PM
In. Best thread ever.

It also appears that having a capable point guard to assist with things helps in more ways than one!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't overlook a special feature of these shoes, kept out of the news: there are no known foot or other injuries associated with this model.

rthomas
02-09-2013, 06:12 PM
He also had eyes implanted into the back of his head.

http://www.israsport.co.il/wp-content/uploads/plum-300x175.png

ArkieDukie
02-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Jason, I salute you! Most excellent observations. (I would've given you sporks for this - but, alas, I was not able to.)

I also like the suggestion to provide additional lift to Josh Hairston's jumpers. I've long stated that his best offensive move is tipping in missed shots. Would love to see the outside jumpers start to fall.

NSDukeFan
02-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately, some media members may not bother checking evidence or sources (Manti who?) and will be demanding the NCAA look into this first serious matter at an educational institution in North Carolina as far as anyone can remember. There is more solid proof in Jason's post than there was in the Tyler Lewis irresponsible, biased "journalism."

camion
02-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Any details on the technology involved? Are they flubber-based?

Indoor66
02-10-2013, 09:16 AM

They are charged by Michael J Fox.

Mike Corey
02-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Save this thread. One of the best of all time.

pamtar
02-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Rumor has it that UNC stole some prototypes a few years back, but the technology just wasn't ready. Unfortunately for tyler hansblahblah they sputtered on take off during his post moves causing him to travel EVERY SINGLE TIME he got the ball. UNC rectified this situation by offering honorary doctorate degrees in African American Studies to all referees in exchange for favorable calls, thereby increasing their pay scale due to continued education.

Les Grossman
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Fred MacMurray holds the patent.

DevilHorse
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM

I would suggest that we look at several disparate facts, and recent Cameron history, for the technology involved.

The physical phenomenon we are observing suggests something like a MagLev type of technology.
Duke sports has a history of their athletic department working well with Duke Hospital, who were involved with pioneering studies of the superconducting technologies around Nuclear Magnetic Resonance scanners (now called Magnetic Resonance Imaging). Recent advances in battery miniaturization (electricity storage) and high temperature super-conductors suggest that it might be possible to fashion footwear that might be able to provide 6 - 10 inches of additional lift (depending on the mass of what is being lifted). Large enough feet to be able to conceal the batteries and liquid gases (to keep the superconductors cold enough) would be needed [guards need not apply].

Now, magnetic field generating shoes have to push off something. Interestingly, right at the time of Mason's commitment to Duke, a new floor was put into Cameron. Could an Iron (Duke) based lining been installed to allow such levitating footware to operate? Anticipating the technology advances is reasonable based on the pace and sequence of advances.

Some Superconductor fatigue might be expected near the end of halves, and Overtime could be trouble. Shoes would need to be changed at half-time. You might expect better performance at home games (where you have the Iron flooring), and you only expect to use this at schools where they allow you to use your own Iron based floor wax.:p

Larry
DevilHorse

OldPhiKap
02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
No one has asked the most pressing question -- how many cinder blocks taller is he when wearing the hover sneakers?

Looks like two to me, but it might be the angle.

uh_no
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
No one has asked the most pressing question -- how many cinder blocks taller is he when wearing the hover sneakers?

Looks like two to me, but it might be the angle.

look at the first two pictures....CLEARLY not as tall as quinnn...but the third? he towers over him!

apparently growing on demand is another secret weapon