PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Scam?

mpholt
02-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi all,
Lifelong Duke fan and Iron Duke, but not a season ticket holder. I've been trying to make it to a Duke-UNC game for years and found some tickets on Craigslist that I was considering purchasing. It sounds like a scam and wanted to check with you all to see if it is valid after all.

He mentioned his father-in-law has the hard copies of the tickets for collecting purposes, but that via a Ticket web site for Iron Dukes, can transfer the individual game tickets to my name.

Is that a legitimate method?

Sounded kinda sketchy, thanks all...

TruBlu
02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Are they from Algeria?

mpholt
02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Haha touche... Guess I'm gullible enough to get this far but not gullible enough to buy it out-right...

Lesson learned again. haha : )

TruBlu
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Actually, I have no knowledge whether this is true or not. It does sound suspicious.

I would verify with the Iron Duke Office. Good Luck.

jimsumner
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.irondukes.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5100&ATCLID=205703762

Iron Duke ticket exchange policy.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi all,
Lifelong Duke fan and Iron Duke, but not a season ticket holder. I've been trying to make it to a Duke-UNC game for years and found some tickets on Craigslist that I was considering purchasing. It sounds like a scam and wanted to check with you all to see if it is valid after all.

He mentioned his father-in-law has the hard copies of the tickets for collecting purposes, but that via a Ticket web site for Iron Dukes, can transfer the individual game tickets to my name.

Is that a legitimate method?

Sounded kinda sketchy, thanks all...

To the best of my knowledge that description of an Iron Duke web site for transferring tickets is baloney. The Iron Duke office has a program for those who can't use their tickets to donate them for the Iron Duke office to distribute according to some very specific rules based on giving and the like. I've been an Iron Duke almost since the inception of the program so I'm basing my information on years of experience in working with the Iron Dukes office.

mpholt
02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks all for the input... Turned out to be a scam.. Verified it with the Iron Duke office and there is no "web site to allow for transfer" which he clarified he had done it before as well. I mentioned what the Iron Duke office said and he said it was through another office, and the lies continued after that.

Thanks for the advice all!

Matt