PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due (UNC WBB)

throatybeard
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
La Hatchell, despite her epic mis-steps in sartorial choice that we always ridicule here, has just tied Jody Conradt for #2 all time in WBB wins at 900. Still well behind Summitt, but she doesn't have Summitt's terrible misfortune in health. And I think she's about the same age as Pat, so she could eventually have more wins. That's a really impressive career, even if you factor in the lack of parity in WBB.

So, I still don't like Jessica Gaspar or Tracy Reid, but this is worthy of mention.

burnspbesq
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Quite a milestone. She's done a lot for the game over the years.

throatybeard
02-07-2013, 11:58 PM
I really like McCallie, but I yearn for what might have been if GG stayed at Duke and kept doing what she'd been doing at Duke. The numbers could look like this eventually.

BD80
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
When you mention credit with respect to unc, I immediately jump to the conclusion that there was some scandal of improper benefits.

Sylvia's wardrobe would suggest she does NOT spend extra benefits on herself. Rather, I believe it more likely that she is stealing from the Salvation Army night deposit, in Boca Raton.

Congrats are in order, but I am glad its over so I don't have to hear her speak for another 4 years until she hits 1000.

beach rev
02-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Good read on her career: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8910465/women-college-basketball-north-carolina-sylvia-hatchell-joins-900-win-club

A graduate of my undergrad alma mater, Carson-Newman College.