PDA

View Full Version : The ACC Network was better than ESPN 3

rthomas
02-07-2013, 11:19 PM
The ACC network was pretty good streaming but...

Haha, the feed was left open after the Duke game on the ACC network on line and the two announcers were talking candidly. The play by play guy (Bob) says he has the Wake game over the weekend. Then Dan Bonner says, says "Unfortunately, I've been farmed out again to Conference USA." And the play by play guy says, "and that is really bad basketball." And Bonner, says something like, "Yes it is."

throatybeard
02-07-2013, 11:54 PM

Haha, the feed was left open after the Duke game on the ACC network on line and the two announcers were talking candidly. The play by play guy (Bob) says he has the Wake game over the weekend. Then Dan Bonner says, says "Unfortunately, I've been farmed out again to Conference USA." And the play by play guy says, "and that is really bad basketball." And Bonner, says something like, "Yes it is."

I was shocked to learn from Wiki that [inferring from ugrad dates] Dan Bonner is only about 60. I had him past Bucky Waters. He must have started broadcasting really early. Like, before Vitale was a caricature of himself.

I couldn't get an uninterrupted stream on either outlet. It is what it is.

rfaison
02-08-2013, 12:16 AM
If have an iPad, iPhone, or Android I recommend the ACC Network app. The ACCN web feed of tonight's game was frustrating for me too as I'd watch a minute and then it would freeze, reconnect, watch the commercial - repeat. Somehow I stumbled upon the app. Downloaded it in seconds and it was great. App is free though $7.99 upgrade is required for video feeds - for entire season. Picture was crystal clear on my iPad except for a few moments of low-def pixelated video.

A HUGE find!

kingboozer
02-08-2013, 02:19 AM
If have an iPad, iPhone, or Android I recommend the ACC Network app. The ACCN web feed of tonight's game was frustrating for me too as I'd watch a minute and then it would freeze, reconnect, watch the commercial - repeat. Somehow I stumbled upon the app. Downloaded it in seconds and it was great. App is free though $7.99 upgrade is required for video feeds - for entire season. Picture was crystal clear on my iPad except for a few moments of low-def pixelated video.

A HUGE find!

I have had nothing but good experiences with the ACC app including tonight, best $8 I've spent on an app

tbyers11
02-08-2013, 06:28 AM

A HUGE find!

Agree on the ACC Network app for iPad. When the ACCN Internet feed wasn't working for the Wake game, I paid the 7.99 to watch on the iPad and the picture was great the whole time.

Les Grossman
02-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Will that app work on a MacBook Pro? don't have an iPad

Lunchab1es
02-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Does the app cover most/all of the games this season?

Might have to "pull a duke" and cancel my cable if it does.

gus
02-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Does the app cover most/all of the games this season?

Might have to "pull a duke" and cancel my cable if it does.

I pulled the plug on cable a really long time ago. No regrets.

Also, is it transferrable between devices? Can I use the same account for an iphone and an ipad? I currently use the watchespn app and (shh) someone else's password for a cable network that has ESPN.

kingboozer
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM

Also, is it transferrable between devices? Can I use the same account for an iphone and an ipad? I currently use the watchespn app and (shh) someone else's password for a cable network that has ESPN.

I bought it on my iPhone and when I went to buy it on my iPad it told me I had already purchased it so yeah it should work across devices.

throatybeard
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM

Do you get local pro sports teams on broadcast? I really want to get rid of TV, but say, in this market, I don't think I could get the Cardinals and the Blues, and I don't think I could get Duke MBB.

NSDukeFan
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Does the ACC app work for all games, or just the ones on the ACC Network? I have been using ESPN Player (thanks to a poster who posted about it early in the year) this year for $30 a month, which keeps me from having to take my computer in the shower with me after using firstrowsports. Unfortunately, in non-ESPN land here, I have been made aware that I will no longer be able to subscribe to this service due to TSN (sports channel here) being against it.
Playing ESPN Player full screen has been why I have been away from section 21 most of the year.

chaosmage
02-10-2013, 01:24 PM

I checked, in the app description it does NOT cover all the games, just the ones that ESPN does not grab. I am also looking to cut cable, and would like to find a way to watch the games on an iPad, doesn't matter if I have to pay, so long as I can get them all. We've got ESPN3 through our cable (AT&T Uverse), so I could do it through the Xbox, but would appreciate advice. I'm in OC in Cali, and Verizon is one block over from my house.

Thanks!

Newton_14
02-10-2013, 05:10 PM

RT, thank you for this thread! You tee'd me up oh so well. We are going retro boys and girls. Many years ago, before Dish and Direct TV, the only option we had for cable channels was the old school "big" satellites. A gazillion channels, and you could on occasion find live feeds for games where they never cut to commercial. So, one night I am watching an ACC game, and Elmore and Patrick were doing the game. (Yes they have been around that long). During a timeout, when they were on commercial break, Elmore tells the cameraman, "Hey, cut back to that chick again and zoom in this time". The camera pans then zooms in on this very lovely young lady, with a low cut top, and good reason to wear it. :) The next exchange was hilarious. Patrick: "Man, she is really hot!" Len Elmore "Mike, that is wayyyy too much woman for you buddy"

I was in tears. The one time I recall Elmore making me laugh.