PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler update: Back at SF and it feels so good

scottdude8
02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Not sure how much people have been following Kyle with the Pistons, but I'm sure you all heard that the Pistons got rid of Tayshaun Prince as part of the Rudy Gay trade last week. That has allowed Kyle to move away from SG (where he was way out of his comfort zone, primarily defensively because he was playing primarily on the perimeter guarding faster guys as opposed to being able to crash the boards and guard guys more his size) back to SF, and in the two games since the trade his production has skyrocketed. He played the most minutes of anyone on the team (40) last night against the Lakers and was second on the team in +/-, and scored 20 the game before.

Kyle is finally giving this Detroit-boy a reason to follow the Pistons again!

juise
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I saw the box score from yesterday's narrow loss to the Lakers and notice that Kyle lead the team in minutes played (40) and was the only Pistons starter with a positive +/-. Since ESPN classified him as the only SG, I decided to look at the highlights to see if he was spending that 40 minutes chasing Kobe. In most of the clips, it looked like Kyle was matched up with Mr. Bryant. Though Kobe didn't have a big game (18 points on 8-20 FG), he did use a screen to get past Kyle for a big and-one at the end of the game. Still, it looked like the Pistons value Kyle's all-around game quite a bit and trusts him with key assignments. Kyle's career is off to a very promising start.

BD80
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
The Pistons' coach went out of his way to praise Kyle's game against the Lakers, even though there were some much flashier, attention getting performances

weezie
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm a heading to the Auburn Hills "Hacienda" in a few weeks to catch me some Singler bucket-making.
'Stons have a way to go but I hope they are at least starting something....

cptnflash
02-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I miss Kyle so much, but it's awesome to see him doing well in the NBA, as we all knew he would.

BUCKETS!!

Indoor66
02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
And BUCKETS will be forever associated with Kyle.