PDA

View Full Version : Upset alert: Hokies at the Hill

subzero02
02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I know a virginia tech win wouldn't shake up the world but they are a 14.5 point underdog and are up 12-0 early in the first half... Roy just called a timeout with 16:11 to go in the half... Couldn't wait for the tv timeout

OldPhiKap
02-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I know a virginia tech win wouldn't shake up the world but they are a 14.5 point underdog and are up 12-0 early in the first half... Roy just called a timeout with 16:11 to go in the half... Couldn't wait for the tv timeout

I cannot bring myself to pull for VT, but I can sure as Hell pull against the Heels. 9F!

Duvall
02-02-2013, 12:30 PM
VPI is woeful, and will be down double digits by halftime.

subzero02
02-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I had forgotten how quiet 21,000 people could be in the dome...

davekay1971
02-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I have no faith at all in Va Tech being able to hold onto a lead against anyone. I will now turn on the game an destroy any remaining chance they have of winning.

OldPhiKap
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I had forgotten how quiet 21,000 people could be in the dome...

You can almost hear the cutting of the brie and the clinking of chardonnay bottles.

DukieInKansas
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
You can almost hear the cutting of the brie and the clinking of chardonnay bottles.

Almost enough to make me want to be there. (I've actually found a few chardonnays that I like.) Of course, I'm at work so wanting to be somewhere else isn't too much of a stretch.

OldPhiKap
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I just distinctly heard someone in the crowd asking his neighbor to "pass the Grey Poupon"

Olympic Fan
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Bad start for the Heels, but they are closing the gap as halftime approaches and I think they'll end up winning going away.

Still, this is the kind of game that could have been fatal on the road.

It's also the kind of game that could have huge impact on UNC's NCAA chances. We had a long thread about the ESPN columnist assertion that UNC was a bubble team. I think the consensus of those on the thread was that, yeah, you could call UNC a bubble team (mostly because they have so few quality wins), but that they were probably going to fall on the good side of the bubble.

A loss at home at VPI would change my perception. I don't think it's going to happen, but if by some chance the Hokies held on to win, I might argue that UNC was suddenly below the curve to qualify for the NCAA.

So like I say, probably not going to happen ... but if it does -- that's HUGE.

DukieInKansas
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I think it time for everyone to look away from the game. We are not helping the Hokies at all.

OPK - If I could give you a positive comment, I would.

subzero02
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Well, they have a chance in the second half to pull off the upset, hokies up 32-26... Unfortunately I expect ewe in sea to win this one comfortably

subzero02
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
North carolina is projected to win second half by 12 and therefore the win game by 6

TruBlu
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Isn't it amazing how many times UNC ends the halves of games with fouls to give. It has to be that Roy really knows how to coach his guys on how not to foul.

oldnavy
02-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Isn't it amazing how many times UNC ends the halves of games with fouls to give. It has to be that Roy really knows how to coach his guys on how not to foul.

I get the sarcasim (I think), but they really don't foul that much, because they play kind of weak IMO.

Even winning this game exposes UNC. They have major problems at point, and in the front court. Wings are OK (I count JMM a wing) and PJ Hairston was out and he is one of the better shooters of late.

I would have expected UNC to win this game by 8-15 points in regulation. Fortunately for them they are just better talented than most of the bottom tier teams, because they play stupid ball. JMM going down and pushing the ball with a lead and under a minute is stupid ball. Sorry, but it is. That is exactly how we won the game last year at UNC. They have no sense of game situation/clock. That put VT in a position to tie and win the game when they could have run the clock down and potentially went to the foul line or at least left VT with less time to tie. Roy's "run faster" one trick pony show will catch up to him this year with this team. They are the worst I have seen at clock management. They stunk for most of the game and just got lucky with this one.

arnie
02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
North carolina is projected to win second half by 12 and therefore the win game by 6

Didn't see the end? Did they storm the court?

oldnavy
02-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Didn't see the end? Did they storm the court?

Yes and Roy pulled the starters and was in the locker room before the horn sounded... nah, just kidding. :D