01-31-2013, 10:19 PM
15:34 to go... Washington 33, #8 Arizona 31

matt1
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Also,
14:32 to go... St. Louis 47, #9 Butler 33

ChrisP
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Who tries an alley-oop from almost half court down 2 with under a minute left? What kind of play was that??? Looks like AZ has got this one in the bag.

Olympic Fan
02-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Well, No. 8 Arizona did hold on to win 57-53, but there WAS a top 10 upset tonight.

No. 9 Butler was beaten by 17 at St. Louis.

BTW, I watched the last two minutes of Arkansas at Alabama. Not that big a game, but still a really stupid end-game by Arkansas. Down three with 16 seconds left, they bring the ball up fairly slowly, worked it around the perimeter, then an Arkansas guard drives and converts an uncontested dunk. It looked good, but they wasted 12 of the 16 remaining seconds. They fouled on the inbounds and after the Bama guy made two free throws, they were able to get a desperation 3 that missed everything.

I can maybe understand a team down three with 16 seconds left rushing it up and getting a quick 2 ... but not letting 12 of the 16 seconds roll off before deciding to take a two. I hate stupid basketbvall.

matt1
02-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Well, No. 8 Arizona did hold on to win 57-53, but there WAS a top 10 upset tonight.

No. 9 Butler was beaten by 17 at St. Louis.

BTW, I watched the last two minutes of Arkansas at Alabama. Not that big a game, but still a really stupid end-game by Arkansas. Down three with 16 seconds left, they bring the ball up fairly slowly, worked it around the perimeter, then an Arkansas guard drives and converts an uncontested dunk. It looked good, but they wasted 12 of the 16 remaining seconds. They fouled on the inbounds and after the Bama guy made two free throws, they were able to get a desperation 3 that missed everything.

I can maybe understand a team down three with 16 seconds left rushing it up and getting a quick 2 ... but not letting 12 of the 16 seconds roll off before deciding to take a two. I hate stupid basketbvall.

Alabama is right on the bubble, and Arkansas would have been a bad loss, so that could actually be a big game come March.