PDA

View Full Version : WF game tonight in Pittsburgh area

rthomas
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Tonight's game is on the ACCN and the ACCN website says in the Pittsburgh area it is on WTAE - typically Channel 4, but this game is on WTAE ThisTV Pittsburgh (Ch.4.2).

Does anybody know what a channel with a decimal point is? What would 4.2 be?

Is it my imagination of is Duke being relegated to more of the non-prime channels (like ACCN, ESPNU) this year than in the past years and less of the ESPN, ESPN2 channels? Is this part of the ACC tv deal?

Anyway, that is a minor question - my main question is: does anyone know how to access a decimal point channel?

Thanks.

Bluedog
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Tonight's game is on the ACCN and the ACCN website says in the Pittsburgh area it is on WTAE - typically Channel 4, but this game is on WTAE ThisTV Pittsburgh (Ch.4.2).

Does anybody know what a channel with a decimal point is? What would 4.2 be?

Is it my imagination of is Duke being relegated to more of the non-prime channels (like ACCN, ESPNU) this year than in the past years and less of the ESPN, ESPN2 channels? Is this part of the ACC tv deal?

Anyway, that is a minor question - my main question is: does anyone know how to access a decimal point channel?

Thanks.

The "decimal point" channels are for over the air (not cable). Basically, the new digital standard that was implemented (two years ago?) allows for sub-channels. They are additional programs that can be transmitted along with the main signal. If I go to channel 4 and click channel up, it brings me to 4.2 on my antenna TV. To find the corresponding cable station number, I'd recommend consulting your local cable listings. There are a few more games on ESPNU this year it seems since with the ESPN/ACC deal, nearly every game is on a ESPN network. Thus, those Sunday Night Hoops that were on Fox Sports previously are relegated to ESPNU unless it's a top matchup. Also, probably just try to spread around the ACC matchups on their various networks.

HaveFunExpectToWin
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Also know that the OTA (over the air) sub channels are sometimes broadcast by the local cable provider. For example, FiOS has some subchannels for the local affiliates in SD in the 460-470 range IIRC.

BTW, the game doesn't seem to be on TV in DC unless you're streaming from ESPN3.

Here's the game info w/ broadcast affiliates at the bottom of the page:
http://www.theacc.com/live/2013-acc-basketball-mens-match-center-193.html

DukieInKansas
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
If you have access to ESPN3, it indicates that the game will be shown there. (online viewing tied to your cable provider)

BigWayne
01-30-2013, 04:58 PM
If you have access to ESPN3, it indicates that the game will be shown there. (online viewing tied to your cable provider)
Do you know how to tell if the ESPN3 access will be live only or also on replay?

DukieInKansas
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Do you know how to tell if the ESPN3 access will be live only or also on replay?

Just checked on my phone again - It gives a start time of 7pm so I'm assuming it will be live. (I'm in the central time zone - so 8pm eastern)