PDA

View Full Version : Tough week for ranked teams

-jk
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Tough week for ranked teams.

Monday, ND lost to G'town.

Tuesday, State lost to Wake and Louisville started their very bad week losing to Nova.

Wednesday, Butler lost to LaSalle, Creighton to Drake, Minn (another double loser) to Northwestern, and one other repressed game.

Thursday, VCU to Richmond, and AZ to UCLA.

Today, Cuse to Nova, Louisville completed their week with a loss to G'town, K St to IA St, Minn (again) to Wisconsin, and NM to SDSU. (Of course, State will probably lose to unc.)

The voters will have their hands full.

-jk

rsvman
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Not to jinx it or anything, but as to your last prediction, right now I'll just say: or not.

Gooch
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Looks like Butler isn't going to be one of the ranked teams to fall this weekend...Temple gave them a game but in the end Butler just executed solidly in the second half and outlasted Temple. I love the way Butler plays.

uh_no
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Looks like UNC might go down too.....wait....you say they're not ranked????

9F

licc85
01-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Our RPI is probably taking a nosedive, all the "good" teams we've played have been doing terrible as of late. Louisville, Minnesota, NC State, UK, Ohio State all losing multiple games since we played them. Maybe we aren't as good as we thought, or maybe there's really almost no separation between the top teams and the middling teams now. Can't remember a year like this where almost all the top teams early in the year just totally tanked in the 2nd half of the season.

-jk
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Not to jinx it or anything, but as to your last prediction, right now I'll just say: or not.

Way too close to a jinx. Yeesh.

-jk

burnspbesq
01-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Back-to-back wins over Butler and VCU. Been a long time since the Explorers were relevant, but they are messing with the A-10 conventional wisdom in a big way.

rsvman
01-27-2013, 12:04 AM
I hear ya, and I apologize.

It won't happen again.

nyesq83
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
VCU was up by 7 with 46 seconds, missed free throws, and UR made a couple of threes, the last one to tie the game as Shaka didn't instruct the team to foul Richmond before the three attempt.