PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Maryland (Jan 26, 2013)

JBDuke
01-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 84-64 win over Maryland?

DukeBlueHeart4
01-26-2013, 03:06 PM

Can we just call this one for the team? Everybody played hard and this was truly a team victory!

PADukeMom
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM

The entire team! That was the kind of game the team needed to have, a hard fought 20 point win. If I had to choose I would go for either Sheed or Amille. I expect Mason to have the kind of game he had today, just a normal game for a NPOY candidate.

Bob Green
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
A great game by Rasheed Sulaimon today so he earns my vote! Amile Jefferson earns honorable mention and Mason Plumlee deserves recognition for a very strong 2nd half.

NSDukeFan
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Should I give it to Mason for one play? I would have, if I wasn't so happy to see Rasheed have the kind of game that he did.

dukejim1
01-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I loved Quinn's game, set the pace on both ends

Kedsy
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I thought all five starters were outstanding. I'd say Rasheed, Amile, Quinn, and Mason all played MOTM well.

BigWayne
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Amile Jefferson was outstanding filling the Kelly hole. Biggest visible improvement for the team from what I saw.

PADukeMom
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I went with Amile. Today he filled some pretty big shoes.

tbyers11
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Rasheed was on fire from 3 early and aggressive going to the hole early. Mason (other than 1-5 FT) was solid, showed a nice repertoire of moves in the 2nd half and outplayed Alex Len who many are touting as a lottery pick.

But I've got to go with Quinn as MOTM. He controlled the game in the first half. Hit an early three and found people in the right position to score many times. He finished his drives to the hole strongly and had good ball pressure on D.

dukelifer
01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Have to give it to Rasheed. He was the separator and played with energy throughout. With a big lead- everyone relaxes and plays better (see Miami in the last game). So without this shooting show- Duke would have had more work to do as Maryland played a pretty good first half. Rasheed cooled down but had a few back-breaking plays. Rasheed is a go-to-guy in the making. Angry Sulaimon is tough to stop.

Les Grossman
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/26/mason-plumlee-2-handed-reverse-follow-dunk-is-crazy-athletic/

CameronBlue
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
So impressed by Amile's composure. He just needs to learn to finish a little better. (Amile if you have a layup with a strong shotblocker on your back, as you elevate push your butt out to create space.) Quinn however set the tone with an artful game managing the offense. More and more he's exhibiting that cerebral understanding of his position characteristic of the great Duke point guards, Hurley, Amaker, Smith, DeVenzio, Williams, Verga, Duhon...by the time he's through his name will be added to the list.

CDu
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
I went with Sulaimon but Cook, Jefferson, and Mason could have gotten it as well. Terrific effort from those guys.

Curry wasn't too bad either for option #5 today.

Loved what I saw from Sulaimon and Jefferson, and it was nice to see Mason and Cook bounce back after rough games at Miami.

Greg_Newton
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Sulaimon was probably the reason we won, but Amile had my favorite game today. When taking offense, defense and rebounding into account, he might have been our best overall player - 11, 9 and 4 is a pretty great line, especially considering how many other balls he tipped and shots he affected. I also loved how hard he took it too the rim, despite his scrawniness - that finish at the end of the first half was a thing of beauty.

Between, him, Jabari and Ojeleye, gotta feel good about our PF situation for the next few years...

Dukeblue91
01-26-2013, 04:34 PM
I went with Rasheed but really the whole team did great.
Amile is fast becoming one of my favorite players, I'm so glad that he came to Duke as he will be a load when he bulks up a little.
I was also happy to see Quinn looking to score a little too.

watzone
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Sulaimon gets my vote. Here is his post game video interview in a joyous Duke locker room http://bluedevilnation.net/2013/01/sulaimon-is-the-man-of-the-match-post-game-video/

Greg_Newton
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Just to add on to my Amile plug a little bit - his per-40 stats for today were about 18 points, 15 rebounds and 7 blocks - pretty darn great. Of course, Sheed would have been at about 33 points, not too shabby either...

CDu
01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Just to add on to my Amile plug a little bit - his per-40 stats for today were about 18 points, 15 rebounds and 7 blocks - pretty darn great. Of course, Sheed would have been at about 33 points, not too shabby either...

I have said this before, but he keeps making it relevant to bring up again: Jefferson is one of those players who is constantly putting himself in position to make plays. The ball just seems to find him. That's a nice trait in a player.

NSDukeFan
01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
I have said this before, but he keeps making it relevant to bring up again: Jefferson is one of those players who is constantly putting himself in position to make plays. The ball just seems to find him. That's a nice trait in a player.

You've gotta be good to be lucky.

DU82
01-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Can I give it to K and the rest of the coaches for getting the team back in sync?

Indoor66
01-26-2013, 07:53 PM
You've gotta be good to be lucky.

Yeah, the harder I practice the luckier I get.

(Not original - who said it - without using the net?)