PDA

View Full Version : Leslie McDonald suspended for... wait for it... academics!!

JasonEvans
01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Read about it here... (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/uncnow/unc-guard-leslie-mcdonald-suspended-for-three-games)

The friend who sent this to me titled the email: "Hell at 30 degrees tonight"
He also wrote--

Leslie McDonald suspended for 3 games for an academic issue. Feel free to use your own showed up for class, wrote his own term paper, or took his own test punch line here. Do we have to go back to Curtis Hunter to find someone suspended over there?

-Jason "not sure this is that bad for Carolina as McDonald has been sitting lately due to injury anyway" Evans

OldPhiKap
01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I imagine they would have liked to get him some game time this week before the match with State.

BD80
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Read about it here... (http://blogs.newsobserver.com/uncnow/unc-guard-leslie-mcdonald-suspended-for-three-games)

The friend who sent this to me titled the email: "Hell at 30 degrees tonight"
He also wrote--

-Jason "not sure this is that bad for Carolina as McDonald has been sitting lately due to injury anyway" Evans

Is this the beginning of the real fallout of the AFAM scandal? unc basketball players having to struggle with real classes? Maybe it is time for ol' roy to hit the links full time?

CameronBlue
01-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Signed up for a course pre-requisite?

FerryFor50
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Is this the beginning of the real fallout of the AFAM scandal? unc basketball players having to struggle with real classes? Maybe it is time for ol' roy to hit the links full time?

Gonna make recruiting more PGs that much tougher.

Dev11
01-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't want to start diving into mindless speculation, but I can't imagine what sort of academic issue gets you suspended for no more than 2 weeks.

Whatever, this is Carolina we're talking about, the entire academic/athletics system makes no sense.

OldPhiKap
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't want to start diving into mindless speculation, but I can't imagine what sort of academic issue gets you suspended for no more than 2 weeks.

Whatever, this is Carolina we're talking about, the entire academic/athletics system makes no sense.

Probably missing a class.

camion
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Probably missing a class.

Rumor has it that he showed up for a no-show class. :eek:

oldnavy
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I imagine that UNC is tightening things up and this is a message. Makes sense that they would...

Rich
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Rumor has it that he showed up for a no-show class. :eek:

Actually, he was suspended for taking a normal class schedule and for showing up to class. Made everyone else look bad.

Durham Thunder
01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Ha- the state's government is already breathing down Chapel Hill's neck. Now the prestigous Carolina basketball team is messing up? Roy must've killed an intern in anger.

BD80
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Ha- the state's government is already breathing down Chapel Hill's neck. Now the prestigous Carolina basketball team is messing up? Roy must've killed an intern in anger.

Excuse me, the intern fell in front of the bus ...

of course, after the bump, ol' roy shifted into reverse just to make sure ...

UrinalCake
01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I imagine that UNC is tightening things up and this is a message. Makes sense that they would...

That was my thought as well. "Look, see we're suspending a guy who doesn't go to class. This means we're legit, and always have been. Hey, what's that over there?" (Point and run)

oldnavy
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
That was my thought as well. "Look, see we're suspending a guy who doesn't go to class. This means we're legit, and always have been. Hey, what's that over there?" (Point and run)

Yea, and here is the UNC hater side of me coming out... it just "happens" to be a guy that is injured and not contributing at the moment! Hmmmm???

I am probably paranoid, but years of UNC "bull butter", makes me suspect everything they do.... (see avatar)

Bob Green
01-25-2013, 03:10 PM
I am probably paranoid...

Understatement of the Week! ;)

BD80
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM

Doesn't mean he's wrong ...

oldnavy
01-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Dang Bob, is it that obvious???

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Indoor66
01-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Dang Bob, is it that obvious???

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Only if they aren't shooting at you.

rsvman
01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Two weeks? Makes sense to me. That's about how long it takes to weave a basket.