PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke 58, VaTech 26

burnspbesq
01-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Hokies had more turnovers than points. Duke's defense was really good for long stretches, including a 13-minute, 24-0 run.

EWill led the Devils with 20 points.

Next up: Team Luigi. We haven't won there since the Jess Foley buzzer-beater in 2004, but for no apparent reason I feel good about our chances.

wandalee
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
The offense by both teams was just painful to watch. But our 2nd half defense was a thing of beauty! We really need to pull it all together for the UConn game.

Duvall
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Hokies had more turnovers than points. Duke's defense was really good for long stretches, including a 13-minute, 24-0 run.

EWill led the Devils with 20 points.

Next up: Team Luigi. We haven't won there since the Jess Foley buzzer-beater in 2004, but for no apparent reason I feel good about our chances.

That seems ill-advised based on Duke's play to date.

burnspbesq
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
That seems ill-advised based on Duke's play to date.

If the Duke team that handled Cal with relative ease shows up, no reason why we can't win.

MCFinARL
01-16-2013, 11:26 PM
If the Duke team that handled Cal with relative ease shows up, no reason why we can't win.

Yes--admittedly the Duke women can struggle on offense, but they are way ahead of last year's team offensively. And it depends which UConn team shows up, as well. The one that humiliated Stanford in Palo Alto isn't one I'd want to meet in a dark alley (or anywhere else). But as Notre Dame demonstrated, there are days when UConn can be beaten.

roywhite
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Yes--admittedly the Duke women can struggle on offense, but they are way ahead of last year's team offensively. And it depends which UConn team shows up, as well. The one that humiliated Stanford in Palo Alto isn't one I'd want to meet in a dark alley (or anywhere else). But as Notre Dame demonstrated, there are days when UConn can be beaten.

Playing at Storrs is always tough.

On the plus side IMO,
More experience and depth overall for this team
Another very good ball handler, Alexis Jones, in the lineup to help handle UConn's pressure