PDA

View Full Version : The Seth Curry other leg vigil

gofurman
01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Did he look ok? Looked like jus an ankle thing? I dont want to assume ANYTHING anymore. Somedays I think I would rather just start the NCAA tourney and skip all the chances for guys to get hurt.. lol

Honestly though, as an example of my chance-to-get-hurt theory, who does the ACC tourney benefit? fans, yes. A team needing a win or two to get in the NCAA tourney, yes. A team that has a good seed - NO: It only provides a chance to get someone hurt...

Oh well, word on Curry from post-game?

Cameron
01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Did he look ok? Looked like jus an ankle thing? I dont want to assume ANYTHING anymore. Somedays I think I would rather just start the NCAA tourney and skip all the chances for guys to get hurt.. lol

Honestly though, as an example of my chance-to-get-hurt theory, who does the ACC tourney benefit? fans, yes. A team needing a win or two to get in the NCAA tourney, yes. A team that has a good seed - NO: It only provides a chance to get someone hurt...

I haven't heard anything, but I really hope there is no vigil. I mean, really, I hope there is no vigil. I am sick to my stomach from looking at all of them.

Please be ok, Seth.

Bluedog
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Coach K said he hurt his ankle on the leg that's hasn't been bothering after he slipped on a wet spot. Seth retweeted this:

Michael Salvo ‏@michaelsalvo
Can we finally get hired pros to wipe bball floors instead of 8 yr old kids?? Duke's @sdotcurry twisted ankle bc of poor floor maintenance.

CDu
01-12-2013, 06:53 PM

He returned to the bench with what appeared to be an ankle brace on his left ankle. My guess is it is "just" a sprained ankle, but you never know. And it was severe enough to take him to the locker room and get a brace, so worse than the light sprain that many players play through.

The timing isn't too bad. We have only one game in the next 10 days, so he'll have some time to recover.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
He returned to the bench with what appeared to be an ankle brace on his left ankle. My guess is it is "just" a sprained ankle, but you never know. And it was severe enough to take him to the locker room and get a brace, so worse than the light sprain that many players play through.

The timing isn't too bad. We have only one game in the next 10 days, so he'll have some time to recover.

That's assuming that it isn't the dreaded "high ankle sprain" . Those dang things take a guy out for a season!
Love, Ima

devildeac
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Probably should have one of the mods re-name this thread. Maybe something like: The Seth Curry Second Injury Vigil or The Seth Curry Ankle Injury and Not the Shin Injury Vigil.;)

devildeac
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Probably should have one of the mods re-name this thread. Maybe something like: The Seth Curry Second Injury Vigil or The Seth Curry Ankle Injury and Not the Shin Injury Vigil.;)

Sincere and honest thanks to the mod who re-named this thread:cool:. And no thanks to the anonymous negative comment left that said "No more vigils. Stopped being cute a while ago." 3117

Newton_14
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM

You play for Championships. The ACC Championship is the 3rd most coveted prize for ACC Teams each year. (Except for UNC who have only had 5 successful seasons in their history, but their own self set standards). The only 2 prizes that trump the ACC Tourney are the Regional Championship, and National Championship. That's it. K certainly views it that way. Given the odds against a National Championship each year, and to a lesser degree, the Regional Championship, the ACC Tournament is even more important each year.

We have been conditioned to believe in recent years that it doesn't or shouldn't matter. That could not be more wrong..

dukelifer
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure what to make of this but according to the quote- Quinn says Seth says ankle will be fine

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/12/3783732/quotes.html

gofurman
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Not sure what to make of this but according to the quote- Quinn says Seth says ankle will be fine

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/12/3783732/quotes.html

interesting - people say Coach K doesnt give any injury information anymore... yet here he is talking about the ankle.

-jk
01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
...And no thanks to the anonymous negative comment left that said "No more vigils. Stopped being cute a while ago." 3117

Perhaps a thing of the past before too long. Anon comments, that is. We may have found a solution.

-jk

hindugrass
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
state has long been my second favorite acc team, which i'm sure is true for many of you, mostly because they seem to have an uncanny knack for rankling the nerves of those baby blue folk. and especially when they've been down for a while, i usually don't mind losing to them as long as we left it all on the floor and they just brought more. maybe i'm being hyper-sensitive, but the (albeit mild) chorus of boos from the crowd when seth went down injured and held his leg really REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. nobody boos a downed player at cameron. ever. at least that i can remember, and that memory goes back to 1984, although spotty in places.

jgehtland
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Out of interest, I was at the game today. The people booing (at least near me) were booing that they stopped play without calling a timeout. Which is silly, since we had the ball. But they were not booing Seth.

Cameron
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Even though I voiced my dislike for these vigils in the second post of this thread, I promise I did not leave the anonymous message. With all due respect, though, I agree with it. Maybe I am just tired of all of our injuries over the past few seasons... I think we all are.

This thread makes me sick. Not because it was started, but because there is a reason for it to exist. I feel for our guys. Sometimes, life's just not fair.

Newton_14
01-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Even though I voiced my dislike for these vigils in the second post of this thread, I promise I did not leave the anonymous message. With all due respect, though, I agree with it. Maybe I am just tired of all of our injuries over the past few seasons... I think we all are.

This thread makes me sick. Not because it was started, but because there is a reason for it to exist. I feel for our guys. Sometimes, life's just not fair.

We have definitely been snake-bit the last 3 years, and even more to be honest. Zoubs comes to mind obviously. The last 3 years have been brutal though and cost the team dearly. Singler has knee surgery in August heading into his Senior year and I will always believe it bothered him all year and impacted his 3 ball shooting and conditioning. Then Kyrie goes down for what turns out to be his entire career. That team plays for the title if he stays healthy. Last year we lose Ryan for the entire post season. Heck, even our prized 2013 recruit broke his foot.

And now we lose Ryan again right before playing our toughest league opponent at their place, and an already hurt Seth Curry goes down late in that game just when he is attempting to will us back from the deficit with dagger 3's. It just sucks. That game today is totally different with a 100% healthy Ryan Kelly, and 100% healthy Seth Curry.

Ryan has been balling lately and we sorely missed his defense as well. No offense to Leslie and Howell, but I still believe we have one of the best frontline's in the country when healthy. With Ryan in the game, Leslie has to defend him all the way out to the 3 Point Line, which leaves Mason alone in the lane against Howell and I don't think Howell can defend Mason one on one effectively.

Like you, I just think it would be real nice to play a whole season with a fully healthy team at full strength. This pattern has to stop at some point. Turning it around, imagine State having to play that game today against a fully healthy Duke team in Cameron, with Leslie on the bench in a boot, and Brown playing on a gimpy leg to begin with then going down for good with 3 minutes to go. It may have been a 20 point game or more under those circumstances.

We need some medieval magic or something to break this ongoing injury hex...

hindugrass
01-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Out of interest, I was at the game today. The people booing (at least near me) were booing that they stopped play without calling a timeout. Which is silly, since we had the ball. But they were not booing Seth.

thanks, that makes me feel better, i think. still not sure why you'd boo that play was stopped while your opponent was in the middle of setting up it's offense. perhaps a bronx cheer, but...

greybeard
01-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Such sprains do not get "all better" in a matter of a couple of weeks. They hang around, and you make funny adjustments that you are unaware of to avoid the "ouch." The problem here is that most adjustments made place more weight, shift more weight not simply to the other foot, but at an angle into the other leg, or side. Curry's other side doesn't need added stress, added angled force seering into, even if through reactive transmission, into that stress fractured tibia.

Playing hurt has its costs. Playing with a stress fracture to me is very questionable. Is it on the player or the coach? Curry sees the wet floor as the lone cause of his ankle injury. Where was undue force pushing as a consequence of adjustments that he has made to accommodate the stress fracture. Had to be pushing through the other leg in some fashion, right?

I hope the kid can come back and play great because that is what he wants. It is a compelling want and he will play even if he can only be a shadow of himself. You only have to look at RGIII to see what athletes will do, will risk, because playing is so compelling. I completely, totally relate. So, good luck, Seth, however it turns out, the very best.

Kedsy
01-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Curry sees the wet floor as the lone cause of his ankle injury. Where was undue force pushing as a consequence of adjustments that he has made to accommodate the stress fracture. Had to be pushing through the other leg in some fashion, right?

After watching the play and the re-play several times, it didn't look to me like he was favoring the other leg when he got hurt. He was running around someone and he just slipped. It happens, and maybe you're right about the stressed leg affecting his gait or whatever, but in this case it just looked like he hurt himself in an unrelated accident.

davekay1971
01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
We have definitely been snake-bit the last 3 years, and even more to be honest. Zoubs comes to mind obviously. The last 3 years have been brutal though and cost the team dearly. Singler has knee surgery in August heading into his Senior year and I will always believe it bothered him all year and impacted his 3 ball shooting and conditioning. Then Kyrie goes down for what turns out to be his entire career. That team plays for the title if he stays healthy. Last year we lose Ryan for the entire post season. Heck, even our prized 2013 recruit broke his foot.

And now we lose Ryan again right before playing our toughest league opponent at their place, and an already hurt Seth Curry goes down late in that game just when he is attempting to will us back from the deficit with dagger 3's. It just sucks. That game today is totally different with a 100% healthy Ryan Kelly, and 100% healthy Seth Curry.

Ryan has been balling lately and we sorely missed his defense as well. No offense to Leslie and Howell, but I still believe we have one of the best frontline's in the country when healthy. With Ryan in the game, Leslie has to defend him all the way out to the 3 Point Line, which leaves Mason alone in the lane against Howell and I don't think Howell can defend Mason one on one effectively.

Like you, I just think it would be real nice to play a whole season with a fully healthy team at full strength. This pattern has to stop at some point. Turning it around, imagine State having to play that game today against a fully healthy Duke team in Cameron, with Leslie on the bench in a boot, and Brown playing on a gimpy leg to begin with then going down for good with 3 minutes to go. It may have been a 20 point game or more under those circumstances.

I've enjoyed playing the Elder Scrolls 5 (Skyrim) with my son, Alex. I noticed a nice Heal Other type spell in that game. I was thinking maybe we could teach it to Coach K, so he could simply pop out on court and lay hands on our guys when they go down with an injury. I think it would be very helpful for keeping the team healthy and keeping the guys on court and would significantly improve our chances at winning the Natty on any given year.

I also noticed a fireball spell. That would be helpful at the Dean Dome for...um, never mind.

CDu
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
After watching the play and the re-play several times, it didn't look to me like he was favoring the other leg when he got hurt. He was running around someone and he just slipped. It happens, and maybe you're right about the stressed leg affecting his gait or whatever, but in this case it just looked like he hurt himself in an unrelated accident.

Absolutely correct.

Greybeard, you'll get no argument from me that a lingering injury can cause an athlete to put undue stress on other body parts, resulting in different injuries. I'm a Bulls, fan, and I think the Bulls' poor handling of Rose's myriad of ankle injuries (rushed him back, played him HEAVY minutes even in meaningless games) led to his ACL injury last year. But rolling your ankle is quite often a result of fluke occurrences (stepping on someone's foot, slipping on the court, etc). In this instance, the slippery court was the culprit. He was coming sharply around a screen, and when he planted his left foot it slipped out from under him, driving the ankle (and, ultimately, Curry) to the ground.

I'd also amend your statement that sprained ankles never get better in a couple of weeks. It is certainly true that many ankle sprains take months to fully heal. But other, less severe sprains, really can get better pretty quickly. I should know - I've had more than my share of them. My hope is that Curry's sprain is more like the latter than the former.

Turtleboy
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
interesting - people say Coach K doesnt give any injury information anymore... yet here he is talking about the ankle.Generally people say he is very miserly with information, and simply stating the obvious, (that it was his ankle), does nothing to disprove that.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM

During recent seasons, both the football team and the basketball team have been hit by injuries numerous enough or serious enough to have a significant effect on the team as a whole. (Some would argue that any injury can have that effect since it disrupts the harmonious balance of all at their best.) Perfection is illusive.

greybeard
01-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Such sprains do not get "all better" in a matter of a couple of weeks. They hang around, and you make funny adjustments that you are unaware of to avoid the "ouch." The problem here is that most adjustments made place more weight, shift more weight not simply to the other foot, but at an angle into the other leg, or side. Curry's other side doesn't need added stress, added angled force seering into, even if through reactive transmission, into that stress fractured tibia.

Playing hurt has its costs. Playing with a stress fracture to me is very questionable. Is it on the player or the coach? Curry sees the wet floor as the lone cause of his ankle injury. Where was undue force pushing as a consequence of adjustments that he has made to accommodate the stress fracture. Had to be pushing through the other leg in some fashion, right?

I hope the kid can come back and play great because that is what he wants. It is a compelling want and he will play even if he can only be a shadow of himself. You only have to look at RGIII to see what athletes will do, will risk, because playing is so compelling. I completely, totally relate. So, good luck, Seth, however it turns out, the very best.

I am not saying that any adjustments made wwere a contributing cause, just that you have to wonder. The adjustment causing sheering force does not have to effect the gait to put pressure that will make an ankle or other leg injury more likely. Stand up and tilt your head slightly, a half an inch toward one shoulder and see how the weight on your feet shifts. Tilt your head to one shoulder in the same fashion but also let the shoulder move slightly backward or forward, then check again. Turn (rotate) slightly from a mid thorasic verterae, or rotate your pelvis slightly, again check. Shift your weight ever so slightly more towards the outside of your foot, see if the other foot is not more solidly grounded with more weight over it. If there is, the chances are that the pelvis on that firmly planted down will not tilt upward, but instead will drive the force downward. Add one of those tilts I just mentioned and a miriad of others, and you have an issue. The same for the leg with the slightly turned out ankle.

I think that Curry should not have been playing with that stress fracture. I can tell you personal stories that underlie my empathy for Currie, and that drove me to the Work I now do, mostly for myself (I had been told that I'd need both knees replaced no later than two years ago--if you can believe how crazy this jones for the game can be, I was watching an old guy's game about a month ago, someone turned an ankle, and, what can I say, they needed another guy.)

I hope the kid gets back soon and can pick up where he left off.

TruBlu
01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
I think that Curry should not have been playing with that stress fracture.

Does Curry have a stress fracture? I had heard shin splints, but even that was speculation. Has there been an official announcement that I missed? (Not meaning to question you, greybeard. Just curious.)

CDu
01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Does Curry have a stress fracture? I had heard shin splints, but even that was speculation. Has there been an official announcement that I missed? (Not meaning to question you, greybeard. Just curious.)

As far as I know, Duke hasn't specified what exactly Curry's leg injury is. If it was a stress fracture, I can't imagine the Duke medical staff would let him play. But I don't think anyone has officially said what his leg issue is.

Cameron
01-13-2013, 08:02 PM

Precisely. Ryan Kelly is in my opinion the most versatile big man in the country, and without question the deadliest perimeter scorer of any player over 6-10 in college basketball today. Think a taller Steve Novak, only with the ability to put the ball on the floor like a two-guard and score inside. He's a tremendously talented player, one of the most multi-skilled forwards we've ever had at Duke. Like Kyle Singler, Kelly is a queen on a chessboard, capable of killing you in such a wide variety of ways. C.J. Leslie would have chased Ryan all over the place, and I don't think it's unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination to conclude that such a tireless pursuit defensively would have eventually slowed Leslie down offensively late in the game.

And of course, with Kelly in the game, we also would have had a 6-11 player on the floor with the defensive prowess of both a center and small forward who is just as proficient at protecting the rim as he is defending around the arc. Read: C.J. Leslie's worst nightmare.

gumbomoop
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
So many injuries, so many threads, so I hope this hasn't been linked before. Seems to be new, with some news.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/notebookweeklywatch130113/pick-n-roll

"early indications are that the [NCSt game] injury is mild."
Seth "doesn't know the actual medical name of his lingering right shin injury."
"Trainers have told him his shin seems to be improving, although it doesn't really feel like it."

Cameron
01-13-2013, 09:08 PM
So many injuries, so many threads, so I hope this hasn't been linked before. Seems to be new, with some news.

"Trainers have told him his shin seems to be improving, although it doesn't really feel like it."

Great news. Thanks for posting. It sounds as if Seth will not miss any games and, in his words, is ready for a strong run to finish the season.

Newton_14
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Thanks for sharing gumb's, it does seem to be new info and the article is dated today. From that same article a just a little further down is a little ray of hope regarding Ryan to hold onto.

Ryan Kelly (http://sports.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/45911/ryan-kelly), Duke

The hope is that Kelly, who missed three postseason games last year because of the same foot, is sidelined only a couple of weeks. The Devils are 0-1 without him.

uh_no
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
The hope is that Kelly, who missed three postseason games last year because of the same foot, is sidelined only a couple of weeks. The Devils are 0-1 without him.

*citation needed

I'm wouldn't be so sure that the author has any source for this other than what's been flying around the internet....but maybe he does.

Newton_14
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
*citation needed

I'm wouldn't be so sure that the author has any source for this other than what's been flying around the internet....but maybe he does.

Stay with me here... I am grasping for any positive straw within reach! My nerves cannot handle another Kyrie-like situation....

Sgt. Dingleberry
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Stay with me here... I am grasping for any positive straw within reach! My nerves cannot handle another Kyrie-like situation....

1.Indefinite timetable? Check.
2.Walking boot? Check.
3.Wild Speculation from media sorts with no facts? Check.

As much as it sucks, this is Toe.2.0.

It is what it is.

uh_no
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM

oh I know. I believe this isn't as dire as the kyrie situation....or I hope!

I'm just hoping for some word from the team....we've gotten nothing!

maybe we'll just whip him out for UNC...i'd be okay with that

MCFinARL
01-14-2013, 09:40 AM
*citation needed

As Newton_14 noted, this quotation is from the same article on Seth (and other injured players around the NCAA) that was linked earlier in the thread. As you suspected, there is no indication that the author has any particular source for this, but since the statement just says this is what people are hoping, not what they believe will happen, it doesn't really offer much hard information in any case. So--we still need to keep those fingers crossed.

Turtleboy
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I simply do not understand how Curry could not know the medical term for his leg condition. Has he never been in the room when it was discussed? If I had such an injury you can bet your boots I would write it down if it were too difficult to remember, and maybe do a little poking around on my own to find out more.

Kedsy
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
As Newton_14 noted, this quotation is from the same article on Seth (and other injured players around the NCAA) that was linked earlier in the thread. As you suspected, there is no indication that the author has any particular source for this, but since the statement just says this is what people are hoping, not what they believe will happen, it doesn't really offer much hard information in any case. So--we still need to keep those fingers crossed.

Yeah, but if people within the program are hoping this, doesn't that mean they don't expect it to be an end-of-season thing? Nothing definitive, of course, but as Newton_14 said, let's grasp for positive straws.

DBFAN
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Finally some good news

“@laurakeeley: #Duke coach K said Seth Curry's injury was a slight ankle sprain. There wasn't much swelling. Should be fine”

gumbomoop
01-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Finally some good news

“@laurakeeley: #Duke coach K said Seth Curry's injury was a slight ankle sprain. There wasn't much swelling. Should be fine”

Thanks for update. As for me, I hope Seth is held out of the GaTech game this Thurs eve in CIS. Just as a super-precaution. It's a home game, and Duke's other guys should and can meet this particular challenge - GaTech in CIS - by playing hard - hard - in the absence of 2 senior starters. Still have a worthy 8-man rotation, with Amile and Marshall providing depth in the interior, and Alex on the perimeter.

I'd think this would work fine [rough estimates]:

5 - Mason 35 min, Marshall 5
4 - Josh 20, Amile 20
perimeter - Quinn, Tyler, Rasheed - 35 min each, Alex 15

CDu
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for update. As for me, I hope Seth is held out of the GaTech game this Thurs eve in CIS. Just as a super-precaution. It's a home game, and Duke's other guys should and can meet this particular challenge - GaTech in CIS - by playing hard - hard - in the absence of 2 senior starters. Still have a worthy 8-man rotation, with Amile and Marshall providing depth in the interior, and Alex on the perimeter.

4 - Josh 20, Amile 20

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this lineup would be enough to beat Ga Tech at home. That being said, if Curry is healthy enough to play, I'd expect that he'll play. Maybe fewer minutes than usual, but I'd be surprised to see Curry sit if he's healthy enough to play.

DBFAN
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM

4 - Josh 20, Amile 20

I def agree with that but not sure if K is gonna risk being 2-2 in conference play. Although I'm sure if its not in his best interest K won't play Seth

gumbomoop
01-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this lineup would be enough to beat Ga Tech at home. That being said, if Curry is healthy enough to play, I'd expect that he'll play. Maybe fewer minutes than usual, but I'd be surprised to see Curry sit if he's healthy enough to play.

I def agree with that but not sure if K is gonna risk being 2-2 in conference play. Although I'm sure if its not in his best interest K won't play Seth

I can't disagree with your responses. I will, however, simply re-state my preference that the staff apply a super-precautionary version of "healthy," which would, IMO, require deleting the "enough."

Thus, I actually prefer that K take the risk of going 2-2. I look at this only-1-game-in-10-days as a providential opportunity to allow Seth to rest and get better. As it happens, the only-1-game is at home against a team that our other 8 guys [9 with Zafirovski] should and can win.

davekay1971
01-14-2013, 01:08 PM

4 - Josh 20, Amile 20

I'm with you on hoping Seth is held out, not just for his ankle, but also for the contralateral leg. Ga Tech could give us a struggle without him, but we still have enough perimeter talent and depth where we should win this game at home with Curry resting. I'm sure both legs could use it. With Curry out, our perimeter scoring would be more limited, with Cook and Sulaimon being our most likely scorers (because, yes, Rasheed will break out of his slump on Thursday). That would simply force us to focus more on defense and on getting the ball into Mason.

And a lineup of Quinn, Tyler, and Rasheed on the perimeter is a defensive perimeter that we should enjoy.

jv001
01-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm with you on hoping Seth is held out, not just for his ankle, but also for the contralateral leg. Ga Tech could give us a struggle without him, but we still have enough perimeter talent and depth where we should win this game at home with Curry resting. I'm sure both legs could use it. With Curry out, our perimeter scoring would be more limited, with Cook and Sulaimon being our most likely scorers (because, yes, Rasheed will break out of his slump on Thursday). That would simply force us to focus more on defense and on getting the ball into Mason.

And a lineup of Quinn, Tyler, and Rasheed on the perimeter is a defensive perimeter that we should enjoy.

Rasheed coming out of his scoring slump would do wonders for our offense and take some of the load off Mason, Seth and Quinn. I just want Rasheed to go up strong and finish. He has been shying away from contact and putting the ball up ever so weakly. That's not the same Rasheed that won two rookie of the week awards. GoDuke!

jipops
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM

4 - Josh 20, Amile 20

I'm hoping Seth doesn't have to be held out. Georgia Tech isn't going to be some pushover and a loss here would really hurt. The Jackets are actually very strong defensively and very weak on the other end. If Seth is out I'd expect to see an ugly brick-fest in the 50's with a single-digit difference. But hopefully he's in there. We need the best chance for a W in this one. I don't think we want to risk a 2-game losing streak going into Miami.

greybeard
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Rasheed coming out of his scoring slump would do wonders for our offense and take some of the load off Mason, Seth and Quinn. I just want Rasheed to go up strong and finish. He has been shying away from contact and putting the ball up ever so weakly. That's not the same Rasheed that won two rookie of the week awards. GoDuke!

Ellliot Williams regularly finished strong at the rim, aka, went up to dunk, wrist injury; Gerald Henderson the same; Kyle Singler, the same; Nolan Smith, nearly the same, back injury. Once "strong" becomes predictable, it is not such a good thing.

I would sit Curry for this next game no matter what. He has to have putting pressure away from the leg with the injured shin (shin splints, if that what it is, cover a range of injuries; the fact that he grimaces and noticeably limbs at times suggests that thee soft tissue has been injured where it connects with bone. If there is a slight tear there, is a piece of bone torn away with it, aka a stress fracture? Does it matter?

If for no other reason, I'd sit Curry because he has got to get used to thinking about both legs in different ways, instead of just one. Actually, if Curry sits and Duke wins, Curry might just sit the next one also.

Even without Kelly, and let's hope that it is with, Duke has a run to make this year but it needs Curry to be the best he possibly can be, given the injuries he has incurred. Time to rest and play softly, practicing stops, turns, lifts up to shooting, etc, to find what works and get it into a grove, would be extremely valuable, in my opinion.

throatybeard
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Sincere and honest thanks to the mod who re-named this thread:cool:. And no thanks to the anonymous negative comment left that said "No more vigils. Stopped being cute a while ago." 3117

You're welcome.

uh_no
01-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Finally some good news

I think "the tank" should be his new nickname