PDA

View Full Version : 2007-08 Schedule

bird
08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
I got mine (with a lot of TBAs as to dates and times) in the mail yesterday. I have been buried with work so I might have just missed it, but has anyone posted the complete schedule yet?

Shaw University
Barton College
North Carolina Central
New Mexico State
Maui
Eastern Kentucky
Wisconsin
Davidson
Michigan
Albany
Pitt
Cornell
Virginia
FL State
Clemson
Va Tech
Md
NC State
Miami
you know who
BC
MD
Wake
Miami
St John's
Ga Tech
NC State
VA
you know who

Cameron
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I think you may have left off Temple. I am almost positive we play them.

Thanks for the list though. I can't wait for Maui!!! Unfortunately work will keep me from attending, but I still can't wait for that week. Should be a lot of fun to watch. I have always envisioned the Maui Invitational as the "Kick Off" to college hoops, so it makes it even more special that we are a part of it.

Jarhead
08-14-2007, 05:06 PM
We do play Temple, on January 9, at 7:00 PM, at the Wachovia Center, in Philadelphia. Somewhere here a few days ago, it was mentioned that Duke had signed on with Presbyterian for our home opener this year. I later noticed that that would be the home opener next year, though still not firm. Their coach had been criticized for scheduling too many top tier teams.

SeattleIrish
08-14-2007, 07:56 PM
We do play Temple, on January 9, at 7:00 PM, at the Wachovia Center, in Philadelphia. Somewhere here a few days ago, it was mentioned that Duke had signed on with Presbyterian for our home opener this year. I later noticed that that would be the home opener next year, though still not firm. Their coach had been criticized for scheduling too many top tier teams.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this year our coach will suffer no such criticism.

s.i.:confused:

ACCBBallFan
08-14-2007, 08:22 PM
You can also shoe Pricetoin as first Maui game and second game either Illinois/Arizona St. I am assuming Duke will face Illinois and Marquette.

In its 30 regular season games, looks like Duke will play about 16 against top 50 teams (not sure BC even with Tyrese Rice will be a top 50):

North Carolina 2
Marquette 1 3
Georgia Tech 1 4
No Carol St 2 6
Pittsburgh 1 7
Wisconsin 1 8
Virginia 2 10
Clemson 1 11
Davidson 1 12
Illinois 1 13
Maryland 2 15
Boston College 1 16

Cameron
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I would love to see some sort of Kentucky series worked out in the future. Perhaps an every two or four years meeting, maybe?. I think that would be special. I know I would be very, very euphoric the week of that one:) I love getting pumped for big games, and with Billy G in Lexington, the Cats will probably be back to the elite very soon.

Although, on the other hand, I guess what makes the Duke-Kentucky series so memorable and special is the fact that it usually only happens in the NCAAs.

An UCLA series would be nice, too.

Temple used to be a great matchup, especially when John Chaney had the Owls in the national spotlight, but I am getting very tired of it now. And don't even start me on the St. John's series... Talk about wanting to commit suicide.

-jk
08-14-2007, 10:48 PM
This one's closed. Please post here (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2996).

thanks,

-jk