PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke at NC State

wandalee
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Good win tonight (65 -55) in Raleigh. It wasn't a very pretty game, but Duke stayed tough and came out with a win.

wandalee
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry, the score was 67-57

-bdbd
01-03-2013, 11:49 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/03/2582148/no-3-duke-beats-nc-state-67-57.html

A good, hard-fought win, with strong defensive effort.

:D

DevilWearsPrada
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I watched the game online. I caught a sniffle and sore throat from the Belk Bowl. And unforunately, didn't go over to Raleigh for the game last night!!! But I had on my Duke Shirt, and was cheering away at the Laptop!!!! Good win Ladies!!! Great job Coach P!!!!!

jimsumner
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
A very physical game. No blood, no foul.

That level of physicality seemed to bother Liston. I suspect she'll see more of it until she shows an ability to play through it. ACC coaches tend to notice that sort of thing.

Peters, on the other hand, revels in that universe. As tough as she can be.

And Gray took over the game down the stretch. Just controlled it.

Not an aesthetic masterpiece. But, if I've learned anything over the years, it's never sneer at an ACC road win.

burnspbesq
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I am certainly glad that (barring a potential ACC tournament matchup) we don't have to see Marissa Kastanek any more. What a pest she's been for the last four years. Not a WNBA player by any stretch of the imagination, but she's had a heck of a college career.

Perhaps I'm being overly critical, but by my count that's four unimpressive performances in a row. We have a long way to go to be ready to play UConn, and not a lot of time to get there.