PDA

View Full Version : Curry Joins Plumlee & Kelly as Team Captain

Newton_14
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Congrats to Seth Curry! He has been named a team captain for the remainder of the season. Link below. Well deserved.

https://tkt.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205862922&DB_OEM_ID=4200

OldPhiKap
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Well deserved, frankly thought he already was one. Go Seth!

DUKIECB
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Well deserved, frankly thought he already was one. Go Seth!

I was thinking the same thing. Anyone know why he wouldn't have been named a captain from the start? I know this has happened a few times in the past, adding a captain mid-season. I just thought Seth being picked would have been a given.

InSpades
01-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Congrats and well-deserved. I sort of think Coach uses this as a motivation for some guys when he wants to push them to lead more.

From the article:
"He ranks among the ACC leaders in scoring (3rd, 17.1 ppg.), field goal percentage (9th, .500), free throw percentage (5th, .824), three-point percentage (4th, .419) and three-point field goals (t-2nd, 2.4 3pg.)."

He's having an amazing year (especially playing on a bum leg). To be shooting 50% overall and hit that many 3s is impressive. He's shooting 58.6% from 2-point range. Which is about 5% lower than Mason is shooting (and let's face it, a lot of Mason's "shots" are dunks, while I don't think Seth has very many!).

OZZIE4DUKE
01-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Congratulations to Seth and yes, he has earned the position with his play and actions thus far this season. Not to say he wasn't deserving before, but more so now. I think the leadership roll is what he had to learn (and assert) this fall, and he has! :cool:

79-77
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Anyone know why he wouldn't have been named a captain from the start? I know this has happened a few times in the past, adding a captain mid-season. I just thought Seth being picked would have been a given.

I too was wondering about this -- especially because Curry was a captain last year. Just speculatin', but maybe Coach K wasn't happy with his leadership last year (e.g. the reported tension between Curry and Rivers) and left him out of the co-captaincy at the beginning of this year to send a message?

Either way, he sure has stepped up this year.