PDA

View Full Version : Shelden snows his future mom-in-law

rthomas
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=339798

“He’s a very solid young man,” Parker’s mom, Sara, said of Williams. “He has a great family. He’s an old-fashioned gentleman.”

Great snowjob, Shelden. Seems he's won the battle of the future in laws! :) .

TillyGalore
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=339798

“He’s a very solid young man,” Parker’s mom, Sara, said of Williams. “He has a great family. He’s an old-fashioned gentleman.”

Great snowjob, Shelden. Seems he's won the battle of the future in laws! :) .

Are you putting Shelden down? I'm hoping I'm misreading your post.

rthomas
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM

No way. Anyone who can get their mother-in-law to say that raise their hand. My hand is way down.

EarlJam
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM

I think he's mostly poking fun or pointing to (rather accurately), the delicate and crucial balancing act that is "winning the approval of the in-laws."

If I read that post correctly, his "congratulations" is quite sincere. Not so much in a snow-job, but in a "you are in-law approved" kind of way.

Not always an easy task.

-EarlJam

P.S. For the record, back in the day, my in-laws loved me. We still communicate. Ex-father-in-law is a Tarheel and huge sports fan. We had our friendly fire moments.

TillyGalore
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
No way. Anyone who can get their mother-in-law to say that raise their hand. My hand is way down.

Good I was misreading it.

Good luck with your MIL. I've heard horror stories, but don't have any first hand experience myself - unless you count my parents mothers-in-law. But that's a 50/50 split.

TillyGalore
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I think he's mostly poking fun or pointing to (rather accurately), the delicate and crucial balancing act that is "winning the approval of the in-laws."

If I read that post correctly, his "congratulations" is quite sincere. Not so much in a snow-job, but in a "you are in-law approved" kind of way.

Not always an easy task.

-EarlJam

P.S. For the record, back in the day, my in-laws loved me. We still communicate. Ex-father-in-law is a Tarheel and huge sports fan. We had our friendly fire moments.

I love your new avatar!!!!!