PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Jason King!

DukeBlueHeart4
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I know we've all heard analysts and pundits throw out the "Duke has hit their ceiling" line but finally one of them is making some sense on this topic. Jason King says

"I don’t understand the people who say Duke has hit its ceiling and that the Blue Devils aren’t going to get any better. Um, why not? Rasheed Sulaimon is a freshman who has played 12 college basketball games. Sophomore Quinn Cook, who saw limited action last season, is seven weeks deep into his first season as the Blue Devils’ point guard. Why would anyone think those players wouldn’t improve as the season progresses? With Cook and Sulaimon trending upward and with Mason Plumlee increasing his lead in the national player of the year race -- he had 22 points, 13 boards and 5 assists in Saturday’s 90-77 win over Santa Clara -- I think Duke will continue to get better. And that’s scary."

He pretty much hit on a lot of what I've read around here when it comes to this team, which I think is right on target. Rasheed and Quinn still have tons of room to develop. Because this was a short blurb in an article on observations from the final Saturday of 2012 he didn't even mention what a healthy Marshall Plumlee adds to the line up or how Amile and Alex could progress. Seth's injury has limited him at times, though not in any major way yet, but a fully healthy Seth would be even more dangerous IMO.

Bob Green
12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Here is a link to the blog:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/71296/kings-saturday-observations-2