PDA

View Full Version : Game @ FSU

luman50
12-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Has anyone ever attended a game at FSU? I'm planning on attending the game February 1st and looking for any tips or advice for attending in hostile territory.

frontrange
12-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I went to the game at FSU last year. I came away impressed with the Noles fan base. I wore my Duke gear and got some razzing but it was all in good fun:D If you have a genral admition ticket get there early as the line gets long fast. Have a blast and GO DUKE!!!!!!!

BlueBloodedDevil
12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Just made plans to go down to Tally for that game too. I've not been to FSU, but hoping with their early struggles, that tickets will be easy (easier) to get.
Any advise on where to get the best tix is appreciated.
Oh, and the game is on the 2nd.

subzero02
12-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I might be attending that game too...

luman50
12-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry, yes it is February 2nd!

Stub Hub had the best price.

Let's hope for a good win! Go Duke!

duke2x
12-24-2012, 12:18 AM
I've been to the Civic Center. Tickets should be easy to get ($25 to get in the door.). They sell overpriced stadium beer as well. The pregame "razzing" was nothing worse than you would hear in College Park, but we usually win when I go to bb games on the road out of state. :)

I just wish the @Miami game was a weekend. It's a weird basketball experience, but there's a lot more to do.

luman50
01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Anyone know specifics on where the team enters the civic center? And if it's possible to shake a few hands, get autographs prior to or after the game?

duketaylor
01-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Also, IIRC, it's the one athletic venue in the conference where one can purchase adult beverages;)

CDu
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Has anyone ever attended a game at FSU? I'm planning on attending the game February 1st and looking for any tips or advice for attending in hostile territory.

I've been to a number of games in Tallahassee (both high school and college games). If you aren't obnoxious, you won't have much of a problem there. If you are obnoxious, you might. The 'Noles have a quite varied fanbase. The cheap tickets and the beer sales can make for an... interesting combo. But generally speaking, there's nothing to worry about unless you act like a jerk.

The Civic Center itself is nothing fancy. The atmosphere isn't anything like you'd see in Cameron, or any other on-campus arena built specifically for bball. It's somewhat like a watered-down PNC Arena (but smaller).

Still, having given that glowing depiction of the experience, I hope you have fun at the game!

oldnavy
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
I've been to a number of games in Tallahassee (both high school and college games). If you aren't obnoxious, you won't have much of a problem there. If you are obnoxious, you might. The 'Noles have a quite varied fanbase. The cheap tickets and the beer sales can make for an... interesting combo. But generally speaking, there's nothing to worry about unless you act like a jerk.

The Civic Center itself is nothing fancy. The atmosphere isn't anything like you'd see in Cameron, or any other on-campus arena built specifically for bball. It's somewhat like a watered-down PNC Arena (but smaller).

Still, having given that glowing depiction of the experience, I hope you have fun at the game!

I just got off the phone with Ol Roy, and he recommends that you get there late and leave early....

Indoor66
01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
I just got off the phone with Ol Roy, and he recommends that you get there late and leave early....

...and take most of the team with you when you leave - running.

msdukie
01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I went to law school at FSU. Biggest mistake of my life. The Civic Center is, to put it kindly, a dump and the FSU administration finally admitted that publicly this year while buying the building from the county with the intent to upgrade it. FSU's fans will only be there because someone told them that basketball is Tallahassian for spring football practice (and because they think Duke is their archrival - don't ask, just go with it). The school's interest in basketball is only rivaled by their interest in being in the ACC. Expect to be taunted about Duke's football program (that's what they do....)

You can tell, I loved my law school experience.

On a positive note, the Duke bus is parked in the southwest corner of the Civic Center and it is pretty much the only place in the ACC* where you can wait for the team to come out after the game, talk to them, and shake hands and get autographs.

* I don't consider them to be in the ACC.

luman50
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks msdukie

If the game is at 2:00 p.m. How early do you think the bus will arrive?

luman50
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone else taking in the game in Tallahassee? I tried to catch the team for thier practice today but just missed them.

BlueBloodedDevil
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone else taking in the game in Tallahassee? I tried to catch the team for thier practice today but just missed them.

I'll be there... Scored some free tix in an FSU boosters box. Should/could get interesting... :)

luman50
02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the information on the team post game location. I was able to meet Coach K and most of the players. Here are some pictures: