PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tickets/student section...

express13
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I am hoping to bring my ten year old son to his first game at Cameron on January 8th against Clemson. I am looking to purchase four tickets in section 17 from a ticket broker. I have a few questions. Can anyone help?

1. I know the seats are general admission - are all seats guranteed? There is not a chance that we would be turned away - is there?

2. Will we be in section 17 or will we possibly end up in one of the student areas behind the basket?

3. Will students be back at Duke by January 8th?

4. Do any of you students want to help me get my son right in the middle of the Crazies for the full experience? I could care less where I sit. He is a giant fan and I want to make the night as memorable as possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-jk
12-20-2012, 01:11 PM
GA seats and kids don't mix too well. It tends to be more standing than sitting, and kids can't always see.

-jk

BlueDevil16
12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
If you have a ticket you'll get in, and you'll sit in the section that your ticket is for. I believe classes start the 9th, so most students will be back and the student section should be full. It would be hard to sneak your son into the section and I honestly doubt he could see the game as there are college kids standing, so unfortunately that's a no and he'd probably have to sit with you.

uh_no
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I am hoping to bring my ten year old son to his first game at Cameron on January 8th against Clemson. I am looking to purchase four tickets in section 17 from a ticket broker. I have a few questions. Can anyone help?

1. I know the seats are general admission - are all seats guranteed? There is not a chance that we would be turned away - is there?

2. Will we be in section 17 or will we possibly end up in one of the student areas behind the basket?

3. Will students be back at Duke by January 8th?

4. Do any of you students want to help me get my son right in the middle of the Crazies for the full experience? I could care less where I sit. He is a giant fan and I want to make the night as memorable as possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I would imagine most students will be back by the time of that game, and I believe (though this may have changed) that students will be let in first (thus relegating ticket holders to the back and sides), meaning there is little chance of getting to the front/center.

Graduate student tickets are valid even during break, so there is little chance of ending up there (maybe if the student section was more full than they expected and the grad student section less full?)

either way, the best you can do is get there early...that way you'll get the best seats possible regardless of how many students show up or how they decide to arrange you. If you have your kid, bring a football or frisbee or something and just chill out in Kville with some food...the time flies by.

Dev11
12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
I hope you have tough shoulders, because your son will need to be hanging on them to see, unless he's over 5 feet tall.

DallasDevil
12-20-2012, 02:20 PM
If you have a ticket you'll get in, and you'll sit in the section that your ticket is for. I believe classes start the 9th, so most students will be back and the student section should be full. It would be hard to sneak your son into the section and I honestly doubt he could see the game as there are college kids standing, so unfortunately that's a no and he'd probably have to sit with you.

Your ticket will get you in for sure. Section 17 is the student section, so you will be with the Crazies. My recommendation would be to get there early, so even if you can't get your son at center court, you can at least find a spot on the front row so he can see the game. I took my 2 year old to Section 17 a few years ago for a couple games during the holiday break, and he could see just fine standing on the front bleacher behind press row; I'm sure you're 10 year old won't have any problems either if he's at the same spot. We were opposite the Duke bench even with the foul line. There section will also be full enough that no matter where you sit, he'll be surrounded by students and feel like he's getting the full experience. Have a great time, and hopefully it's the first of many trips to Cameron for your son.

m g
12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
When they say early, they mean early - students start filling the seats 90 minutes before tipoff.

Unless your kid is tall, he probably won't be able to see much.

rifraf
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
When I was a student there we'd happily let little kids sit up front with us. Most crazies are cool and love young Duke fans. If you get there early enough, see if you can talk to a friendly looking group up front in the line. I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to hold a small spot for him.