PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Marshall Plumlee

OldPhiKap
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Just watched the interviews of Mason, Ryan, Quinn and Rasheed from today. All four were extremely impressive in demeanor and focus as you would expect. What I did not expect we're each of their comments about Marshall.

Mason said that we would see Marshall tomorrow, and that he was a huge energy guy whose effort and athleticism is exceptional. Talked about how well he moved his feet, and how it would help with rebounding and dealing with fouls. Each of the others also mentioned what a difference maker they think he will be.

All four interviews are worth watching alone, but this really caught my eye. Hard to believe this team may be bout to go to plaid. But Marshall may be a freak beast in the middle to take us over the top. Each mentioned that he was seven feet tall -- as Quinn said, "you can't teach seven feet tall."

Look forward to seeing you on the court, big fella!

gep
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
... But Marshall may be a freak beast in the middle to take us over the top...

Maybe he's not the "missing piece" like Zoubs was for the 2010 team... but the "missing piece" for a "complete team", at least. I don't think I've been so excited for one player getting into the game for the first time as much as this. Maybe Kyrie was the only one that I can remember... :cool:

tele
12-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Throw the ball to the big fella!

dukeofcalabash
12-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Just watched the interviews of Mason, Ryan, Quinn and Rasheed from today. All four were extremely impressive in demeanor and focus as you would expect. What I did not expect we're each of their comments about Marshall.

Mason said that we would see Marshall tomorrow, and that he was a huge energy guy whose effort and athleticism is exceptional. Talked about how well he moved his feet, and how it would help with rebounding and dealing with fouls. Each of the others also mentioned what a difference maker they think he will be.

All four interviews are worth watching alone, but this really caught my eye. Hard to believe this team may be bout to go to plaid. But Marshall may be a freak beast in the middle to take us over the top. Each mentioned that he was seven feet tall -- as Quinn said, "you can't teach seven feet tall."

Look forward to seeing you on the court, big fella!

Interviews like these are just one of the reasons I've always admired Duke basketball and it's players.

KenTankerous
12-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Where can I find these interviews?

TruBlu
12-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Where can I find these interviews?

You can find the interviews at GoDuke.com. (I would provide links, but as it says in my Bio, I am a computer illiterate.)

OldPhiKap
12-19-2012, 06:45 AM
You can find the interviews at GoDuke.com. (I would provide links, but as it says in my Bio, I am a computer illiterate.)

BTW, from those interviews it seems that the players all like being #1 and have the big goal in perspective.

There is also a goDuke app that is killer.

BD80
12-19-2012, 06:57 AM
So Jabari will get a chance to see his future center playing tonight?

I can envision his in-home with Izzo: "Excuse me coach, can you shift a bit to the left? I want to see them replay that alley oop dunk by Marshall, it was SICK!"

UrinalCake
12-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Can't wait to see Marshall on the court, he seems like a great kid and a great teammate. mason sounds excited to play with him too. I'm also interested in seeing how the lineups are affected - will Mason play alongside him at the 4, which I think is his more natural position?

At the same time, I'm keeping my expectations tempered as he's still just coming back from an injury. Should be fun to watch his development!

killerleft
12-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Can't wait to see Marshall on the court, he seems like a great kid and a great teammate. mason sounds excited to play with him too. I'm also interested in seeing how the lineups are affected - will Mason play alongside him at the 4, which I think is his more natural position?

At the same time, I'm keeping my expectations tempered as he's still just coming back from an injury. Should be fun to watch his development!

I'm looking forward to seeing him, for sure. Used to be we could expect to watch ALL the players develop, but early entry often denies us what is one of the best part of being a college basketball fan. I guess we should hope he's so good he'll be a lottery pick???:):(

Anyway, it will be superb to finally see Marshall in action!

somf4eva
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
very excited to watch both games and to finally see Marshall suit up and play a game for Duke.

Bob Green
12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Anyway, it will be superb to finally see Marshall in action!

I'm really looking forward to Marshall's debut in tonight's game. Hopefully Coach K subs him in early. As for my expectations, I am looking for Marshall to demonstrate the ability to defend the basket and rebound, while playing eight or so minutes per game. Anything above and beyond that is pure gravy.

grossbus
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
So, any details on current injury ? Apparently, not reinjury

OldPhiKap
12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
In boot tonight.

Newton_14
12-20-2012, 10:30 PM
In boot tonight.

Yep. Back in the boot and did not dress for the game. A setback. At first they said it was a minor sprain, then it changed to not a sprain but just discomfort with the orthodocs in the shoe, but given the boot tonight and not dressing, I would suspect it was indeed a sprain. So hopefully he can get back out there against Santa Clara after the break. We need him for the tougher games when foul trouble rears its head. Fingers crossed.